• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

seeing that video and jeff comment about that was Gamespot when it was the biggest and the best.

Shame new people today never got to experience Gamespot when it was that.

I remember all those people in the video too.

styl3s

Jeff is totally going to go hard for SUPER HOT GOTY. However Brad isn't for that, and Dan likes other games more, and so does Alex.
I think its more Jeff knows Super Hot isn't going to get into the GOTY and is pushing it for everything else.

Top 4 is gonna end up Overwatch, Doom, TF2 and Hitman with hopefully Overwatch being #1.

I'm a 21 year old bleeding-heart liberal, I loved Austin at GB, and I browse tumblr more than any other social media site. I should be smack dab in Waypoint's wheelhouse. But like I said, they're so aggressively hip that it feels calculated and cynical rather than fun and inclusive.
My eyes are still rolled into the back of my head from that school announcement.

Site always came off as "look how hip and cool and different we are". Every now and then i will listen to the podcast but i have 0 interest in the website or the other content they produce but that's not to say they aren't talented or the site is bad it's just not my cup of tea.

I'm a 21 year old bleeding-heart liberal, I loved Austin at GB, and I browse tumblr more than any other social media site. I should be smack dab in Waypoint's wheelhouse. But like I said, they're so aggressively hip that it feels calculated and cynical rather than fun and inclusive.

Aggressively Hip is the name of my new Indie rock band.

Hindl

I think its more Jeff knows Super Hot isn't going to get into the GOTY and is pushing it for everything else.

Top 4 is gonna end up Overwatch, Doom, TF2 and Hitman with hopefully Overwatch being #1.

My eyes are still rolled into the back of my head from that school announcement.

Site always came off as "look how hip and cool and different we are". Every now and then i will listen to the podcast but i have 0 interest in the website or the other content they produce but that's not to say they aren't talented or the site is bad it's just not my cup of tea.

Overwatch is maybe reaching #3. No way it gets above Doom and Hitman

Ketch

YO, i need to see that picture of Brad with that crazy haircut they talked about.

1310944-longhaired_brad.jpg

Jintor

on one hand this waypoint high school thing is tripping my 'trying too hard' sensors

but on the other hand it has high school tharja

but i guess i could get that on fanfiction.net straight up instead of having to read this crossover thing

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Overwatch for GOTY

Vinny, Dan, Alex and Jason need to topple this Brad/Jeff regime so I can start enjoying the GOTY picks instead of 'well whichever Brad or Jeff wanted and had the most energy to argue about' GOTY awards.

Hindl

Dan and Alex will spill blood for Overwatch.

Alex doesn't have the grit to get a game to the Top 5 on his own, let alone #1, look at Splatoon last year. Doom has the united front of Jeff and Brad, and it's Drew's GOTY as well. Plus Brad is hot and heavy on Hitman, and his filibuster skills are impregnable. Dan will put up more of a fight, but it's not beating Doom and Hitman. I could see Titanfall 2 beating it as well. Overwatch has the support of everyone but the two most important people at the table.

What happened to Gamespot?

Look at it now, and compare it to the mid-00s. Should be self-explanatory.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Alex doesn't have the grit to get a game to the Top 5 on his own, let alone #1, look at Splatoon last year. Doom has the united front of Jeff and Brad, and it's Drew's GOTY as well. Plus Brad is hot and heavy on Hitman, and his filibuster skills are impregnable. Dan will put up more of a fight, but it's not beating Doom and Hitman. I could see Titanfall 2 beating it as well. Overwatch has the support of everyone but the two most important people at the table.

Dan ain't got to come back for a year though

He's about to hit Jeff with the stunner

styl3s

Look at it now, and compare it to the mid-00s. Should be self-explanatory.
You said it yourself everyone but 2 people like Overwatch.

Overwatch is winning. #believe #suckitTitanFall2

It feels like they're weirdly talking around Ryan in this Gamespot video. I get that talking about Ryan is probably still really raw, but they're conspicuously quiet whenever he's on screen.

Hindl

You said it yourself everyone but 2 people like Overwatch.

Overwatch is winning. #believe #suckitTitanFall2

Everyone but the two most important people. The rest fight over the scraps. Brad is the only one who can beat jeff and he has no interest in overwatch.

SamNW

Hottest Mess spoilers:

It was great to see Alex and Jeff pushing Palmer Luckey to the top of "Hottest Mess." Jeff often seems like he strives to be publicly apolitical, but with something that abhorrent and disgusting spilling over into games, it feels right to make that statement.
Everyone but the two most important people. The rest fight over the scraps. Brad is the only one who can beat jeff and he has no interest in overwatch.
And it's not just that Brad and Jeff aren't into Overwatch—they will actively fight it.

Hindl

And it's not just that Brad and Jeff aren't into Overwatch—they will actively fight it.

He already deemed it Team Fortress 3 in the day 1 podcast. He's going to murder that game. Combine that with Jeff's fervor around doom approaching, if not exceeding, Mario maker means it coasts. Especially with brads iD fetish

Crashdown

Neo Member
Them watching this Gamespot E3 documentary is hitting me in a way I totally did not expect. It's not quite nostalgia, more like intense enjoyment/catharsis.

FStop7

Banned
I'm playing The Witness and giving a HUGE side eye to some of these puzzles that are deliberately misleading or unfair. You can't just fuck the player over with a bad puzzle and then say "ha ha check out how clever we are."

I'm playing The Witness and giving a HUGE side eye to some of these puzzles that are deliberately misleading or unfair. You can't just fuck the player over with a bad puzzle and then say "ha ha check out how clever we are."
Could you spoiler tag the specific puzzles you're talking about? I'm curious. There's one in particular I think is total bullshit but most of them I was fine with.

strafer

Jeff is still not sold on Hitman, he just wanna fuck shit up.

The thing is if i were to play this game I would take my fucking time to execute it perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom