• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

Yea, waypoint continues to be too much on the hipster-side of gaming things. Nope.

"The highschool of video games" isn't even hipster though. It's just baaaaaad. Like this could be a cartoon on mtv bad.

I want to know who over there thought that a highschool themed anything was a good idea.

derFeef

"The highschool of video games" isn't even hipster though. It's just baaaaaad. Like this could be a cartoon on mtv bad.

Yup. Problem is they want to be serious and "better" and try too hard to make that shine through all of their articles and headlines. I seriously despise that and I am usually not that harsh about that, but it's just bad and embarrasing.

edit: When's the site fixed! I want to listedn to GOTY NOW!
edit2: It's fixed!

Hjod

Banned
So I just signed up for Premium for the first time, you guys got any recommendation where I should start? There is a ton of content to go through, I'm kind of lost to where I should start haha.

Mr. F

Banned
I thought waypoint's GOTY was going to be served through discord screenshots

fake edit; I get the desire to stick out when there's so many top 10 lists, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to get out of their chosen format.

Ketch

So I just signed up for Premium for the first time, you guys got any recommendation where I should start? There is a ton of content to go through, I'm kind of lost to where I should start haha.

Was Mario party party live premium? If so, start there.

Hjod

Banned
Was Mario party party live premium? If so, start there.

Thanks, I'll start with Mario Party and later move on to Metal Gear Scanlon I guess.

tumblr_niy8crzabt1qzopezo1_400.gif

Meguro

Banned
I still love Austins writing but everything else about Waypoint is very off-putting, including the quality of some of the other writers on the site.

If 'Giant Bomb 26 |
(too spicy)
' isn't the next thread title, then I'm gonna post even more/less* in that thread than in this one.

*delete whatever is the worse, as applicable

Real Hero

the way point stuff is almost weird enough to be good but not quite? I'd respect it more if the fanfic stuff was purely hardcore fucking

Waypoint to me feels like they're trying to be self-aware with their stuff, but are somehow managing to do it in a super not self-aware way. Maybe that doesn't make any sense.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, let them be weird, that's cool. But I don't even like role-playing, so this is just exhausting.

Vice's target audience is young, open-minded (to the point of cultural voyerism), weed smoking people.

You are probably way older than their target demo
Have you seen their articles and videos? It's really not aiming for young people.

I'm a 21 year old bleeding-heart liberal, I loved Austin at GB, and I browse tumblr more than any other social media site. I should be smack dab in Waypoint's wheelhouse. But like I said, they're so aggressively hip that it feels calculated and cynical rather than fun and inclusive.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I might have to ask you old man questions in the future, Incandenza. Finally I've found one of those tumblr kids.

Waypoint high school seems like the first idea they wrote in a Google doc and everyone was too polite to annoy whoever came up with it so it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom