• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
Really shouldn't start with Yakuza 0. It's gonna make the older ones harder to play by comparison. Should start with 3 or 4 and watch the recaps of the prior games from the menu.

repeater

Beastkuza, really looking forward to this! Alex exasperatedly explaining pieces of japanese culture to Dan will be THE BEST. Hope Vinny brings the guitar too.

hamchan

Really shouldn't start with Yakuza 0. It's gonna make the older ones harder to play by comparison. Should start with 3 or 4 and watch the recaps of the prior games from the menu.

They'll never reach 3 and 4 c'mon now. It'll be 0, Kiwami if lucky then the series is done.

D8UkCTg.png

Oh hell yeah.

bigkrev

They are going to play 0, the remake of 1, and then 6 next year if you are lucky.

Be realistic. These are really long games.

TraBuch

Banned
I still think it's pretty fucked up Austin vetoed a Shenmue ER while he was there because a friend of his was doing a Shenmue LP.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The only thing I know about Yakuza is that people kept telling me it's like if Shenmue wasn't shit. I guess I'm somewhat excited for this?

I still think it's pretty fucked up Austin vetoed a Shenmue ER while he was there because a friend of his was doing a Shenmue LP.

That's why he left GB right? Cause they planned on doing it depsite his veto

Ketch

Ehh apples and oranges, their styles of coverage are totally different to the point where I wouldn't see them even needing to veto

Do you know what style austins friend covers games in? It doesn't matter though.

The point is: It's not fucked up to want to do your own thing and not copy other people.

And then even if the only reason he vetoed shenmue ER was to Selfishly protect his friends work (selfishly protect, that's a new one) is it really a dick move? I don't think so.

This reply is not really addressed at you as much as it is addressed at the idea of some sneaky Austin conspiracy.

Tagyhag

They'll never reach 3 and 4 c'mon now. It'll be 0, Kiwami if lucky then the series is done.

Yeah we'll see how it goes, they even still have all those Mega Man games to go through.

Either the two series will take more than 5 years to complete, we get less content from other things out of beast, or the series are abandoned halfway through.

Mr. F

Banned
40 minute pod about Frog Fractions 2 is up on Giant Bomb Presents feed

I don't even know if I care at this point. The ARG was such a drawn out exercise that it was hard to be excited after it was clear where things were going but still unraveled at a glacial pace.

Jintor

it took me 3 days to download doom and it's pretty good

environmental design could use some work though. not in terms of aesthetic, it looks like what it should... but i get lost really easily and man there sure is a lot of things that look like other things.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It'll be an interesting path through the series

Yakuza 0 - PS4
Yakuza Kiwami - PS4
Yakuza 2 - PS2
Yakuza 3 to 5 - PS3
Yakuza 6 - PS4

At this rate they'll probably need to do the PS2 version of Yakuza 1, cause Kiwami aint coming out till much later in the year. This also depends on how soon and when they'll start this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom