• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Deadly Premonition is a fuckin' weird game, but this PiP thing where it kind of half becomes Until Dawn for a little bit is really fascinating

3 weeks of next to nothing so we then get a week of way too much is not great. I don't like this exchange at all. I prefer a steady stream of stuff. Not to mention some of it doesn't look great. Watching people play Horde mode is not exactly thrilling content.
You got to balance that with the fact that Alex and Vinny came over a week earlier to film all of this stuff. It's not that we're getting three weeks worth of content squeezing into one; we're getting content that could not otherwise have existed.

I'm fine with the trade-off, personally. Having the whole team playing games together is a rare and special thing, and a week full of it sounds wonderful.

Zaph

3 weeks of next to nothing so we then get a week of way too much is not great. I don't like this exchange at all. I prefer a steady stream of stuff. Not to mention some of it doesn't look great. Watching people play Horde mode is not exactly thrilling content.

This drought is worth it imo because it's one of the only times the entire gang is together making regular content, rather than E3 or PAX or skits. And if they edit/process the content for release while they're making it, it just takes away time from those two weeks filming together.

Obviously that doesn't matter if you don't like the content, but I have faith in Jeff and Vinny.

Meneses

Pre-Xmas drought is worth it, as has been already said, because the whole crew is there doing stuff.

Rest of year droughts and semi-droughts are slightly less cool.

Jintor

i loaded up transformers devastation for a bit just to see what was up and man i forgot how much the loot aspect to that game utterly slows the whole thing down like mad.

ain't nobody wants to be synthesising weapons for +5 damage and clearing inventory space in a platinum game

popo

Compare it with previous years, I bet they put out more this year for that time period than last year. The East Coasters were out for an extra week but I remember them complaining more about editing and studio building last year.

I might go back and check the actual numbers - if I get bored after lunch waiting for the podcast to post.

Maiorum

Just got done with a literal life and career deciding exam, looking forward to relaxing with the first of the GOTY content later. What good timing!

Jintor

Here is my big dark secret:
I don't like that in any game. I don't care if the numbers get higher

i like the end effect of having rad weapons but i hate the inventory management aspect of having to do any busywork to get there.

also weapons that are rad because of +4 damage or +2% reload speed or whatever can go suck on a lemon. stuff that has marketdly different effects like stuns or chain lightning or whatever are more interesting than that

I wish they had gone further. In the end it's just the gyms are replaced by cool tests and I did enjoy the Z-attacks way more than the Mega ring. But still, imo this franchise needs a reboot. It's the same basic Pokémon game rhythm and it would be great if they took a long look at it and asked what is needed and what can be cut.

Like, why are there 20 different Pokéballs?

TAKE MY LURE BALLS AND I'LL TAKE YOUR LIFE

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
What was the first Giant Bomb video you saw?

Was a Mario Party Party, but I have no idea if was 1 or 2 because Dan was using Luigi instead of Waluigi.

Since then, I only look foward for the next Party Party to see Jeff hating the game, or you know, getting bigger.

tonka

Was a Mario Party Party, but I have no idea if was 1 or 2 because Dan was using Luigi instead of Waluigi.

Since then, I only look foward for the next Party Party to see Jeff hating the game, or you know, getting bigger.

How to build a bomb.

but yeah probably something with Jeff closer to:

E3 2004/5?
On the Spot?
A random video review?

Something around then I think

justjim89

I loved watching On the Spot/Button Mashing back in the day. But when Jeff got fired, I switched over to IGN for several years. I came across the Kirby's Epic Yarn QL, which reminded me how delightful Ryan and Alex were. Shortly after I watched them play multiplayer Goldeneye for the Wii and was kinda getting into the site a bit.

But then I came across the Nintendo Downloads podcast when I was looking for a legit Nintendo podcast, and the whole ting turned me off of the site for a few years.

When I heard they were going back under the same roof as Gamespot, I was intrigued. So I've been actively following the site since then.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
2907871-3233091033-28748.jpg

Snagret

Little Big Planet PSP Quick Look where Ryan suggested just pirating the game at the end of the video, lol. Then I dipped into the Persona 4 endurance run and was hooked

bjork

The quick look for Alpha Protocol. Then I came across a Game Room video and that was my hook.

I saw a couple videos here and there prior to becoming a fan, but the Garshasp QL is what ended up making me a subscriber.

How to build a bomb Episode 1.

I also feel old as shit because it's nearly 2017 and I feel like it was yesterday rich gallup and gang where calling 2007 20-0-Savage.

kai3345

Banned

I think it was the Star Wars MMO final hours?

I just remember thinking that was such an ingenious idea for a video so I had to watch.

Lunar FC

Wipeout: The Fame Quick Look

hamchan

How to Build a Bomb 1. Jeff being fired meant that a lot of eyes were on him, mine included. Been following them for so long, through the high points and low points. Hopefully the new hires really revitalises the site again like Dan did.

Whatever the first thing is they put up. Followed them over from the Gamespot days so I was there day one. My account was made on the first day of the site's existence.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Deadly Premonition is a fuckin' weird game, but this PiP thing where it kind of half becomes Until Dawn for a little bit is really fascinating

Deadly Premonition does a lot of great stuff. It just happens that none of that great stuff can be found in the "gameplay" parts of the game where you have a gun and shoot the same weird backwards ghost zombie a billion times.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Deadly Premonition does a lot of great stuff. It just happens that none of that great stuff can be found in the "gameplay" parts of the game where you have a gun and shoot the same weird backwards ghost zombie a billion times.

Not the first game I've plaeyd that I consider amazing that's full of shitty combat
Vampire_-_The_Masquerade_%E2%80%93_Bloodlines_Coverart.png

Yakuza2.jpg

popo

Stats for previous Decembers

December 2016 - 1411 minutes of video (of which 324 minutes were premium)

December 2015 - 1134 minutes of video (of which 314 minutes were premium)

December 2014 - 1581 minutes of video (of which 720 minutes were premium).

2015 was the studio refit - which likely explains the shortfall that year - they only did one UPF for the whole of December. East stream saved them with most of that premium being Life is Strange.

2016 is still round about where they were in terms of total output - put premium is way down. in 2014 they had Metal Gear Scanlan which produced an awful lot of premium content.

Meguro

Banned
Do I need to spoiler stuff from GOTY in here?
Best Style:
Superhot winning ANYTHING is making me kinda mad.
God that game is a disappointment to me.

Ketch

Man... if I didn't already have prior knowledge of Austin & Co. I would think that Waypoint was produced by marketing suits who just got some data that the millennials were way into fanfic and Snapchat

Nope. Definitely not reading that. It's too cringe inducing. Sorry austin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom