• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xanadu Next? Like...Faxanadu Xanadu?

Also I just looked up Deathwing and saw it's from the developers of EYE Divine Cybermancy. It can never live up to what my mind put together as a possibility from that premise.

Sorta. Mix it with Ys and some Vagrant Story seasons and serve chilled.

I thought it was pretty fun how Brad didn't want the last mission in Hitman to end with a "bad" kill. I bet if they just did the heart kill he would have reloaded. Good on ya Brad.

I was waiting for The Sheik. :(

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Lang talking shit on Brad's hitman skills and pumping iron all on the same stream. A true alpha male.

tJYhFEN.png

Curufinwe

Are the sort of discounts that Doom has seen fairly unusual in the US then? They raised a similar point about it's sales recently on the bombcast, but it's kind of hard to get a read on the situation when pretty much every game gets knocked down pretty significantly a month after launch here in the UK.

Not super unusual, but it was discounted more quickly and more heavily than some other big games.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I was really, really hoping they would go with the Stem cell kill. It's probably the most disgusting kill in the entire game. I actually looked away. I wish I could have seen/heard Brad's reaction to it.

Forget GotY, the real question is: What's the best Hitman video?

justjim89

I was really, really hoping they would go with the Stem cell kill. It's probably the most disgusting kill in the entire game. I actually looked away. I wish I could have seen/heard Brad's reaction to it.

I need to do the stem cell kill.

My favorite Hitman video is Kill Busey by far. Brad's moment of glory.

The CoD campaign was alright. It might make it to the fringes of my personal Top 10 but it's not as good as Advanced Warfare.

It's better than Black Ops 3 though.

DieH@rd

Banned
What's the deal with MGScanlon V - ep26? I'm downloading this series it in big batches, and I don't see this ep listed on site.

Also, I watched all up to end of MGS3 [ep11], great stuff so far. :)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

IM THE SHIEKH

or the spaghetti sauce caper

Megasoum

Banned
Oh cool... random matchmaking in Titanfall 2 put me in a game against CohhCarnage and his premade.... As you can expect this went well lol.

Man I really suck that that game in multiplayer... Doesn't help that I still have only the basic loadouts and options...

Maiorum

Brad on Hitman:

I spent a bunch of time yesterday getting my Paris mastery to level 20 and knocking out the rest of the trophies there, and I'm confident in saying I improved more at Hitman in that one afternoon than in the entire preceding year of playing the game on camera for about three hours a month. Most people don't think about how hard it is to retain any kind of skill when you play that way.

Also, despite having a huge stack of Fall games I need to try for GOTY, I... don't want to play anything but Hitman right now.

Joeku

I just did that kill this morning, and holy fuck is it messed up.

As to the best? Maybe the one that leads to Brad becoming a Circumscientist. Or the original Paris one.

Fantastapotamus

Hitman just became a serious GotY contender. Is it possible? This might be the first time a game I really like has a tiny chance to become GB's GotY

Hitman just became a serious GotY contender. Is it possible? This might be the first time a game I really like has a tiny chance to become GB's GotY

Brad and Dan love it, Vinny seems to like it, Jeff respects it, and no one else on staff seems outright down on it. It's possible, sure. My gut says they'll rank it lower than Doom though, which would be a shame.

Joeku

Saints Row the Third was this close.

Is everything out for Hitman now? Should I wait for a GOTY version sale?

All the main episodes are out now, and it hasn't really been more than 10% off on Steam. If you don't care about time-limited content, you might as well wait for a sale early next year.

But the game is fucking great. I'd advocate for it at full price.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
What category are you people backtracking to find stuff like that Time Trotters video lol

Fantastapotamus

Is everything out for Hitman now? Should I wait for a GOTY version sale?

I doubt they'll do a sale soon considering they are launching the disc version in January.

Where did he say this?

In the comments of the 2nd Hokkaido video

Brad and Dan love it, Vinny seems to like it, Jeff respects it, and no one else on staff seems outright down on it. It's possible, sure. My gut says they'll rank it lower than Doom though, which would be a shame.

I don't think it will actually win but I'm happy it has a chance. Top 3 will be Hitman, Doom and Titanfall. Order to be decided.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone will forget about the Witness and that makes me sad.

justjim89

Everyone will forget about The Witness and it'll make me happy because fuck that game. Hitman is a better puzzle game than The Witness.

What are y'all doing for Lang's Push Up Club? 25 good ones here.

Joeku

Everyone will forget about The Witness and it'll make me happy because fuck that game. Hitman is a better puzzle game than The Witness.

What are y'all doing for Lang's Push Up Club? 25 good ones here.

If witness was an august game instead of a january game, it would be top five. As of now, it might get top ten.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Jeff likes Titanfall 2 more than Doom.

Then Jeff can go fuck himself:
https://youtu.be/Jm932Sqwf5E?t=6m13s
https://youtu.be/Jm932Sqwf5E?t=33m8s
https://youtu.be/Jm932Sqwf5E?t=1h50m8s

(Titanfall 2 is awesome. But c'mon.)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Omg the ending of that Time Trotters episode

Jeff and Ryan murder vampire Joe Liebermann

justjim89

Hitman ain't winning GOTY. Ya'll got to let it go. Don't be like Witcher 3 people.

Hitman won't win GOTY, but it'll get a lot closer than The Witcher 3 did.

Witcher might get Old Game of the Year since Vinny and I think Alex has played a lot more this year.

Joeku

Hitman ain't winning GOTY. Ya'll got to let it go. Don't be like Witcher 3 people.

At this point, all it would take is for Jeff to play a couple episodes in his "catch up" time and like them and he'd be easily swayed by the arguments others would make.

But I still don't know if that beats Doom.

I really never thought that coming into this year my two favourite games of 2016 would be fucking Doom and Hitman games. This is crazy.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What else beyond Doom, Overwatch kinda and now Titanfall have they even been into this year though? This isn't like last year where both MGS5 and Rocket League were near universal hits that consumed everyone's attention for weeks solid

I love Brad going all in on Hitman, but him becoming better at the game makes me sad. Their bumbles are some of the best part of the videos. I can only hope that the future videos still have that element due to Dan egging him on.

Joeku

What else beyond Doom, Overwatch kinda and now Titanfall have they even been into this year though? This isn't like last year where both MGS5 and Rocket League were near universal hits that consumed everyone's attention for weeks solid

Hitman has been the most solid rock for them to come back to for over half a year.

Edit: And thinking about it, Stardew Valley, Forza Horizon, and Superhot all lingered.

StoveOven

Banned
People who think The Witness isn't going to rank pretty high are crazy. Go back and listen to the podcasts around that game's launch. Brad and Jeff were fawning over the game. They even brought Johnathan Blow in to talk about the game. I understand being hesitant about early releases, but I'm positive it will be at least Top 10 but more likely Top 5.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
People who think The Witness isn't going to rank pretty high are crazy. Go back and listen to the podcasts around that game's launch. Brad and Jeff were fawning over the game. They even brought Johnathan Blow in to talk about the game. I understand being hesitant about early releases, but I'm positive it will be at least Top 10 but more likely Top 5.

Yes, but usually during goty discussions everything that didn't come out towards the second half of the year gets quickly downplayed or forgotten completely, even if everyone loved it earlier. At least that's what I seem to remember from previous goty deliberations on GB.

kiguel182

All this Hitman talk really makes me want to play the game. I should've bought it early in the year instead of Street Fighter. I made a really bad choice.

I don't feel like spending 70 euros on it but you can buy the episodes separately? I might buy Paris, explore it a bunch and then buy the next one and so forth.

Edit: the episodes aren't buyable on the store, can I buy them inside the intro pack or is it all or nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom