• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiorum

I don't feel like spending 70 euros on it but you can buy the episodes separately? I might buy Paris, explore it a bunch and then buy the next one and so forth.

Yes. The only difference, apart from the increased price, is that the bonus episodes aren't available to purchase standalone right now. They will be when the third one is released.

kiguel182

Yes. The only difference, apart from the increased price, is that the bonus episodes aren't available to purchase standalone right now. They will be when the third one is released.

Is it that much expensive?

Well, I will still buy Paris first probably.

All this Hitman talk really makes me want to play the game. I should've bought it early in the year instead of Street Fighter. I made a really bad choice.

I don't feel like spending 70 euros on it but you can buy the episodes separately? I might buy Paris, explore it a bunch and then buy the next one and so forth.

Edit: the episodes aren't buyable on the store, can I buy them inside the intro pack or is it all or nothing?

Just wait till January when you can get the whole season for 60 dollars

Really wish they did the kill where you control the robot

oti

Banned
We all know it's unjust but DOOM will win. Don't let Brett fool you. He would kill for DOOM and his undying love for that franchise will make sure it'll win. Picross 3D 2 should be higher than DOOM. Tokyo Mirage Sessions should be higher than DOOM. They won't.

hamchan

So I went a bit nuts and bought 70 volumes of the One Piece manga, 13 volumes of Yotsuba&! and the Azumanga Daioh omnibus. Guess I felt bad that I've been reading One Piece for free all these years and have been loving it.

We all know it's unjust but DOOM will win. Don't let Brett fool you. He would kill for DOOM and his undying love for that franchise will make sure it'll win. Picross 3D 2 should be higher than DOOM. Tokyo Mirage Sessions should be higher than DOOM. They won't.

Wish someone on the crew put time into Tokyo mirage sessions. I'm like 10 hrs on and loving it

chogidogs

I wish Alex was as assertive as Brad in fighting for his choices. He often time just content having his game acknowledged rather than championed.

kiguel182

Just wait till January when you can get the whole season for 60 dollars

Really wish they did the kill where you control the robot

I prefer piecemeal so I have all the time I want to explore and have the level before moving on. Having it all at once seems overwhelming.

I think it's 60$ for the whole pack and 70-75$ if you buy piecemeal.

It's not that bad. I'll see how I enjoy Paris and then go from there.

oti

Banned
There is precedent in the case of Walker vs. The People. Sure, Jason might not be as eloquent as Austin, but I'm sure he can be very persistent when he needs to.

lol what, are you talking about another Jason here?

"I just wanted to bring up [Jason game] and immediately delete it again. You guys talk about guns and blood all the time."

End.

Fevaweva

Yes, but usually during goty discussions everything that didn't come out towards the second half of the year gets quickly downplayed or forgotten completely, even if everyone loved it earlier. At least that's what I seem to remember from previous goty deliberations on GB.
Mass Effect 2 was a very early game in...the year that it came out and it won GOTY.

They should give Jason his free God Eater 2 since everyone else always gets their free garbage game on the list.

Usually the garbage game isn't quite so garbage though. The exception being Mario Maker.

Mario Maker is a great tool and a bad game. God Eater 2 seems alright.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Tokyo Mirrage #Whatever could be on top of the "Games nobody cared about cause why would you" list

Giganteus

Hitman was already my GOTY, but I just found something in the Hokkaido level, in the morgue that Brad skipped past, and...yeah, GOTY. That level is a thing of beauty and really just illustrates how special that game is, in a year full of fantastic games.

If Brad and Dan saw all the crazy shit the devs put into this thing, they'd seriously consider it their GOTY, as well. Some of it is bonkers. And I don't just mean killing a dude in an awesome way sort of thing.

oti

Banned
I like how Jason uses his stream time to catch up on GOTY stuff.
It's the perfect opportunity what are you doing why are you playing this instead.

killroy87

This GOTY will be truly fun to listen to. Earlier this year I would have bet money on DOOM taking it. However, Hitman has evolved into something truly special (though Jeff will take some convincing), and Titanfall 2 seems to share all the positive traits DOOM had, and it has incredible multiplayer to boot.

Gonna be a great set of podcasts.

I think first up normally gets the most money but he sure helped a lot with his heroic endurance run.

It was just super fun to watch, as a person who can't fucking drum to save his life. That was a very fun thing to have on in the background at work.

Ashby

So soon? I should walk to my library and see what's up with their games.

My library is OP as hell with it's games. I think it's because a young guy works there but yeah, they routinely get in all the big games pretty much at release and they even get in more obscure games like Tokyo Mirage Sessions!

repeater

"Do you know how much fucking Dan i've had to put up with this year? Give me God Eater 2!"
To be fair that would be a better argument than a lot of what we hear in the GOTY deliberations. :)

All this praise, I'm gonna have to rent Titanfall 2 tomorrow huh...
I bought in on the strength of the GB (crew + community) chatter, and I've been liking it a lot. Single player campaign is just FUN, and I'm even enjoying the MP despite doing pretty poorly. The freeform movement and the Titans serve to distinguish it a bit from your ordinary fast-paced MP shooter.

Similar to dan last year with mgsv and mario maker, I feel brad will put hitman as his personal goty over doom.

I'm all aboard the hitman GB GOTY train baby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom