• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the latest Hitman video must be what it feels like for a parent when they find out their child is an anime watcher, just that pure sense of deep disappointment. The IO guys must be beside themselves if they watched that video.

kingocfs

Otq2EoM.jpg

I'd play it.

Maiorum

It's so good to see them end on a high note. I think they're going to push for it during GOTY, even if it's not necessarily for the top spot.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
It's so good to see them end on a high note. I think they're going to push for it during GOTY, even if it's not necessarily for the top spot.

I honestly think Brad might consider Hitman for the top spot. Which is crazy. Like, of course its going to be Doom, everyone knows its going to be Doom but...deliberations are in a couple weeks, who fucking knows

Doom is so incredible to play, but Hitman has like a billion innovation points going for it with this episodic rollout and live content stuff

With how hard Dan and Brad have fallen for Hitman lately, and with Vinny and (maybe) Jeff going for it too... it's going to be on the podium, as a minimum.

robotrock

Banned
With how hard Dan and Brad have fallen for Hitman lately, and with Vinny and (maybe) Jeff going for it too... it's going to be on the podium, as a minimum.

Brad's really the wild card right now.

He's the DOOM guy, the Hitman guy, the Witness guy, the Inside guy.

And he bought a can of Mountain Dew for Titanfall 2. No telling how GOTY 2016 will unfold.

KorrZ

Part 2 of Hitman was hilarious. So happy they actually found that opportunity. It looked like they were totally gonna miss it for a minute.

Between that moment and Vinny's "What the f-" moment last night I can't see Hitman not being in the top 5 of GOTY at the very minimum. Hell, just using their "as a site" argument that they used for Super Mario Maker last year...

So just so I understand the totally important overarching Hitman plot.

Providence = Illuminati
The person the G-Man dude said you got close to in that cutscene = "the shadow client"
The Shadow Client = mysterious sniper dude from Colorado, also in the ending of Paris and maybe one of the other endings as well?.
Shadow client = Possibly part of the same experiments that made 47 the guy he is, or at least connected to his past. And maybe wants to kill the Illuminati?

Hitman cliff hanger at the end isnt about your handler turning on you but your handler and the Illuminati working to take out the Shadow Client and teasing the connection between 47 and him

Am I on the right track?

KorrZ

Providence = Illuminati
The person the G-Man dude said you got close to in that cutscene = "the shadow client"
The Shadow Client = mysterious sniper dude from Colorado, also in the ending of Paris and maybe one of the other endings as well?.
Shadow client = Possibly part of the same experiments that made 47 the guy he is, or at least connected to his past. And maybe wants to kill the Illuminati?

Hitman cliff hanger at the end isnt about your handler turning on you but your handler and the Illuminati working to take out the Shadow Client and teasing the connection between 47 and him

Am I on the right track?

That's pretty much exactly what I've gotten from it.

Tagyhag

Y'all are crazy, Accounting is great.

Edit: Watching the stream, it's funny seeing how Justin Roiland humor is very love it/hate it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Providence = Illuminati

Am I on the right track?
This is exactly it, to my knowledge

Megasoum

Banned
Jeff wasn't kidding... I just finished the Titanfall 2 campaign and holy shit... One of the best campaign I've played in a LONNNNNG time.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
is there a way to watch Vinny play HItman at the moment?

Megasoum

Banned
I'm watching the Hitman Quicklook right now (the first Japan map video) and this is infuriating to watch... I mean... I never even played Hitman and this is still frustrating to watch.

Ok it gets a lot better by the end lol

Bowlie

Banned
I'm watching the Hitman Quicklook right now (the first Japan map video) and this is infuriating to watch... I mean... I never even played Hitman and this is still frustrating to watch.

Ok it gets a lot better by the end lol

you could see Dan getting a little impatient

"go-to-the-yo-ga-a-re-a"

Brashnir

My child is an anima fan got me good.

I don't like how much of the game is spent on timers doe.

Edit: Gah damn that stroller shirt.

Glad to see you have seen the light. This game is quality.

edit - also, remember when Mary was going to stay for an hour? (like 5 hours ago)

I guess no TLoU then, since they said they don't want to do it at the end, bummer. Everytime I switched to stream, something uninteresting was on :/

Curufinwe

I honestly think Brad might consider Hitman for the top spot. Which is crazy. Like, of course its going to be Doom, everyone knows its going to be Doom but...deliberations are in a couple weeks, who fucking knows

Doom is so incredible to play, but Hitman has like a billion innovation points going for it with this episodic rollout and live content stuff

It's funny to see Hitman praised for coming out in pieces like it was some brilliant plan. Square released the game unfinished for financial reasons.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So top 5 I think so far would be in no particular order Hitman, overwatch, DOOM, Titanfall 2 and a fifth one that I have a problem guessing, maybe the witness or UC4.

It's funny to see Hitman praised for coming out in pieces like it was some brilliant plan. Square released the game unfinished for financial reasons.
It can be both a cut-throat financial decision and a creative masterstroke. Hitman is far, far better for having the rollout it had, reasons be damned, and similar games should be looking very, very closely at the decisions they made with it.

Oddly, one of the biggest similarities in terms of rollout I can think of in recent years is Splatoon. Hitman took the idea much, much further, but both showed the value of introducing mechanics and maintaining interest in a slow, gradual rollout.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Remember the first level in Hitman Contracts where you run through an Asylum filled with 47 clones and had to kill your creator? I wanna see at least one batshit crazy level like this return. That could be an awesome "End of Season 2" level.

Xater

Dooms multiplayer might let it down I feel

But then brad

I still think the Doom campaign is better than the one from Titanfall though. They do everything just so right and make the Doom Marine and actually fun character. Titanfall 2 for example just fall completely flat when it comes to anything story related. Only some of the interactions of you and BT are alright. I also don't think the campaign is a completely home run. It kinda just starts getting good when you get your new ability.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still think the Doom campaign is better than the one from Titanfall though. They do everything just so right and make the Doom Marine and actually fun character. Titanfall 2 for example just fall completely flat when it comes to anything story related. Only some of the interactions of you and BT are alright. I also don't think the campaign is a completely home run. It kinda just starts getting good when you get your new ability.

Alternatively, the Titanfall storyline is quick and the story's not that great BUT Doom's campaign definitely drags about 3/4 through.

Xater

If you need a hit done and you have the choice between Vinny or a nuclear bomb and discretion is important, I think the nuke is the way to go.

That's reasonable.

Alternatively, the Titanfall storyline is quick and the story's not that great BUT Doom's campaign definitely drags about 3/4 through.

I don't agree at all. I was never bored during Doom. I loved every encounter. Their dumb story is super enjoyable and exploring the levels was more of a joy to me than in Titanfall 2. I actually liked looking at every nook and cranny and finding all the secrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom