• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Doom felt like a massive drag towards the end. Oh another big open vertical area I wonder if this is a gaun-yep it's another gauntlet.

Johndoey

Banned
Doom on the whole had the superior campaign with slighty better writing. It did drag in the last hour or so but that's a minor quibble. If nothing else it made Doom Slayer an interesting character, completely voiceless and faceless and they still managed to get some decent characterization across.

f0rk

If you need a hit done and you have the choice between Vinny or a nuclear bomb and discretion is important, I think the nuke is the way to go.

He has killing sprees that achieve nothing but somehow he ends up OK. Brad definitely wouldn't have lasted as long going outside in that Death costume.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He has killing sprees that achieve nothing but somehow he ends up OK. Brad definitely wouldn't have lasted as long going outside in that Death costume.

Vinny is a trained psychopath. He is nonstop in his chaos. Brad acts like its his first kill every time he kills someone in Hitman. Like he just stands over the corpse for several minutes and then wonders how he got caught

Vinny:
Jason-in-Crank-jason-statham-17160961-500-281.jpg

Brad:
file.jpg

oti

Banned
That's like every Bethesda game not called Skyrim or Fallout.

Sounds healthy.

Bethesda keeps on saying it did pretty well. They even pitched their whole new review system based on how DOOM did.

But that was more to "explain" to the consumers that everything will be fine if media doesn't get to review their games beforehand. Man, what a shitty move that is. I would just ignore every single preview event or trailer prior to release if I worked in media because of this.

Meguro

Banned
DOOM dragged from the first hell level all the way to the finish line and never managed to mix it up enough for me to actually be excited again after that.
Not to mention that even on Ultra-Violence the game is kinda easy.

robotrock

Banned
But that was more to "explain" to the consumers that everything will be fine if media doesn't get to review their games beforehand. Man, what a shitty move that is. I would just ignore every single preview event or trailer prior to release if I worked in media because of this.

Yup. It sucks.

Xater

Sounds healthy.

It really seems like they tend to overship their titles. Same as Square-Enix.

I'm with you on the preview thing. I wish outlets had the balls to just say no to preview coverage of Bethesda titles. Most of them probably won't though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I imagine the long-term for Doom with Bethesda is that they see something that they could make a sequel to and the sequel will do well due to the word of mouth of the original.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
is the doom part still available somewhere? Missed that one!

oti

Banned
Jeff should steam 50 turns Mario Party Party next week. He plays every character and yet he loses in the end.

Ein Bear

Are the sort of discounts that Doom has seen fairly unusual in the US then? They raised a similar point about it's sales recently on the bombcast, but it's kind of hard to get a read on the situation when pretty much every game gets knocked down pretty significantly a month after launch here in the UK.

Meneses

I was bored halfway through Doom.

Just got Titanfall but I just moved and still don't have a TV so I can't play it. Hope it's a little more fun.

Also, Vinny playing Hitman was everything i've ever hoped for and more. I don't think there's anything in this world better than that trademark wheezing Vinny laugh. Although you could make a case for a true Brad-loses-it moment.

Hey video games look really good in 4K as it turns out. I've been playing some Battlefield, which actually runs great in 4K, and I gave in and got Titanfall 2. The dynamic resolution scaling in the latter works fantastic (DRS in Quantum Break is terrible), and I rarely see the change.

oti

Banned
I was bored halfway through Doom.

Just got Titanfall but I just moved and still don't have a TV so I can't play it. Hope it's a little more fun.

Also, Vinny playing Hitman was everything i've ever hoped for and more. I don't think there's anything in this world better than that trademark wheezing Vinny laugh. Although you could make a case for a true Brad-loses-it moment.

Yes. I love how Hitman brings out the true nature of people. Brand being so Brad, Vinny being so Vinny. It really is a remarkable sandbox that enables people to do that.

GOTY.

lol who are we kidding here

I was on board with DOOM until Hell. For some reason once I hit Hell my desire to continue playing dropped off a cliff and it started to become a chore to me. Still haven't finished it, where Titanfall 2 kept me gripped the whole way. It never felt stressful or like a slog to me.

I love Jason but I don't know that I can watch him play God Eater 2 for an extended period of time.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Hey video games look really good in 4K as it turns out. I've been playing some Battlefield, which actually runs great in 4K, and I gave in and got Titanfall 2. The dynamic resolution scaling in the latter works fantastic (DRS in Quantum Break is terrible), and I rarely see the change.

Been playing through dishonored in 4k dsr and it looks absolutely incredible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Titanfall 2, Tyranny, Planet Coaster, Hitman DLC, Sombra, Xanadu Next, Battlefield 1, Space Hulk: Deathwing

there has never been a better time to buy video games

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Titanfall 2, Tyranny, Planet Coaster, Hitman DLC, Sombra, Xanadu Next, Battlefield 1, Space Hulk: Deathwing

Xanadu Next? Like...Faxanadu Xanadu?

Also I just looked up Deathwing and saw it's from the developers of EYE Divine Cybermancy. It can never live up to what my mind put together as a possibility from that premise.

Megasoum

Banned
Starting the youtube archive for Alex's drum stream... Is it just the archive or was the actual stream also very out of sync?

ArjanN

Doom has 1,2 million owners on Steam and I'm guessing the console versions probably did at least as well, so it probably sold fine.

I was on board with DOOM until Hell. For some reason once I hit Hell my desire to continue playing dropped off a cliff and it started to become a chore to me. Still haven't finished it, where Titanfall 2 kept me gripped the whole way. It never felt stressful or like a slog to me.

Titanfall 2 is also like half as long. :p

But I agree that Doom loses some Steam halfway through once you realize the winning strategy is just running circles around the arenas and stun-executing some fodder enemy when your health gets low.

demidar

I just got the skill to hold two-handed weapons in one hand in Xanadu. And then I make it flaming.

Hitting monsters feels good.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I thought it was pretty fun how Brad didn't want the last mission in Hitman to end with a "bad" kill. I bet if they just did the heart kill he would have reloaded. Good on ya Brad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom