• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Myggen!

Glad to have you back.

Good to be back!

NimbleDependableHippopotamus.gif

edit: Watching this Hitman video now, this is great. Looking forward to watching UPF tomorrow too!

The Giant Beastcast - Episode 75
Jeff Gerstmann joins us to talk about the the past, present, and future of reviewing games. Take a wonderful, historical tour with us as we ponder what the next years might bring. We also share some thoughts on Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Civ VI, Hololens, and more!

Welcome back, Myggen!
Yeah, seeing new people every 30 minutes is just kinda not what I'm looking for.

Yeah. On the whole it's alright though.

Rainmaker

Banned
Also, to get my hot takes out there, not a huge fan of the Waypoint stream so far. Probably the format more than anything else since I like most of the people there (Danielle, Patrick and Austin, mainly).

Same here. The Bomb crew and Just Blaze were the high points by far. Still have a good bit of time left though.

Speaking of costumes Jeff had that costume we never got to see last year and then he missed this year's Halloween UPF. That costume is going to be my Last Guardian

Lijik

Also, to get my hot takes out there, not a huge fan of the Waypoint stream so far. Probably the format more than anything else since I like most of the people there (Danielle, Patrick and Austin, mainly).

I think the quality varies a lot from segment to segment but I guess thats what happens when you commit to 72 hour long segments.

Just Blaze's segment and Eric Pope, Austin and Patrick playing Mr Bones were amazing

YleyVU.gif

Bah gawd its Myggen.

Not really feeling the Waypoint stream as well. But I kind of expect for that site not to really be in my rotation too much. Podcast is good though. Basically just Bombin' in the AM 2.

The type of podcast you can tell is recorded first thing in the morning and over Skype so everyone talks a bit weird.

FStop7

Banned
It's pretty damn good. Functionality-wise kind of the best game streaming thing right now.

Also pretty small in terms of viewership. So watch them ruin it trying to get more people on their service.

Xbox one is getting native Beam support, soon. It wouldn't surprise me if it ended up in Windows 10, too.

I really want to watch more of the Waypoint stream but the long outages are making it difficult. I sat down to eat dinner and watch. They went to break about 5 minutes later. I'm already done eating and even washed the dishes and they're still on an intermission.

Hey, Anjin M, not sure you're aware, but you've officially have made the most Giant Bomb Official Threads.

Anjin M- 7
Hot Coldman- 6
randomlyrossy- 4
Jimmy Fenix/Myggen- 2 each (4 between them)
Zaph/BUNTING1243/Patryn/SteveWinwood 1 each (4 between them)

I wish there was a way, on QLCrew or on the site, to sort Quick Looks by genre. I always am interested on Vinny's takes on Adventure games, as I like Adventure games, and he likes adventure games, but there's no way to just click "Show me [insert genre here] quick looks". I feel like it would be useful if you are jonesing for a type of game, and look through quick looks to find something that seems interesting.

Anjin M

Hey, Anjin M, not sure you're aware, but you've officially have made the most Giant Bomb Official Threads.

Anjin M- 7
Hot Coldman- 6
randomlyrossy- 4
Jimmy Fenix/Myggen- 2 each (4 between them)
Zaph/BUNTING1243/Patryn/SteveWinwood 1 each (4 between them)

Considering that I'm a fan of random statistics, I'm really touched by this, EdReedFan20.

Also vaguely disturbed by the implications.

Tagyhag

Anonymous asked:Have you guys been thinking of looking at Accounting? It's really short but you can shoot yourself in the head. A game changer for VR games moving forward

Yeah, it’ll be in the next vrodeo.

Oh man, I can't wait to see Jeff's reaction. Rorie should be in the room while he plays it, he would really appreciate its humor.

Rainmaker

Banned
My son was born during the first thread. Today he owns a little deli and is friends with a guy named Tash. 25 years and not a moment too soon.

Hey Titanfall 2 is pretty good

Yeah, I'm excited to be getting it. This weekend is the Buy 2, Get 1 Free week at Target. I plan on getting Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, and Eve: Valkyrie (all for PS4). I considered swapping out Eve: Valkyrie for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (out this Friday), but with getting Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1, I can hold off on Call of Duty and wait for reviews (and a price drop).

Considering that I'm a fan of random statistics, I'm really touched by this, EdReedFan20.

Also vaguely disturbed by the implications.

Gotta watch your back for Thread 26. Hot Coldman might want to tie it up again.

Catching up on stuff, starting last week's UPF. Wanted to give Jeff a thousand virtual high fives when he told Dan right off the bat "just keep your foot on the arrow after you press it."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I watched a video where someone sort of defended Homefront 2 and was even positive about it in a lot of aspects and made a lot of points that made me consider giving it a try. When it's 2 dollars.

I was surprised it wasn't Austin.

I checked out Allumette on PSVR. Man, was that thing neat. I hope we get more stuff life that. I hear Jon Favreu (of Iron Man fame) is working on a VR experience. That should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom