• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

pronk420

I'm a little surprised there's no launch day pro stream. I know they don't have 4K level video, but the player can do 1080p/60fps IIRC.

yeah I was wondering if they would do one, it seems not? It would be interesting just to see how much better things look in 1080p with downsampling, or hear their impressions even if it isn't really visible on the stream.

Also it would be interesting to go over what is actually patched/released for pro at the moment.

repeater

It's pretty funny that after all the shit Bakalar got for not being blown away by the Pro, Jeff G's impressions on the Bombcast were basically the same.

kingocfs

This wrestler(the barbarian) from this image looks an awful lot like Ryan .

barbarian3.jpg

what the fuuuuuuuuck

Question 3 of the naturalization test for US citizenship is:

All no answers are denied citizenship.

My favorite excerpt from the Federalist Papers:

"To the People of the State of New York:
AFTER an unequivocal experience of the inefficiency of the subsisting federal government, you are called upon to deliberate on a new Skate game for the United States of America."

Hamilton was such a visionary.

sirap

It's pretty funny that after all the shit Bakalar got for not being blown away by the Pro, Jeff G's impressions on the Bombcast were basically the same.

That's kinda expected. He just built a pretty beastly gaming PC and has been gaming at 1440p for a while now.

Plus, you know, it's Jeff. He's always been indifferent when it comes to graphics.

Johndoey

Banned
I guess the only things on my black Friday menu this year are a slightly better laptop so I can run Pillars at more than 15 frames and any Mafia 3 deals I can grab.

And yet Brad who is the most technically minded of the group says he really wants one. Funny how that works. Also the twitter replies on that tweet by Brad are embarrassing. PC gamers really can't stand the idea that someone would want a more powerful console.

robotrock

Banned
yeah I was wondering if they would do one, it seems not? It would be interesting just to see how much better things look in 1080p with downsampling, or hear their impressions even if it isn't really visible on the stream.

Also it would be interesting to go over what is actually patched/released for pro at the moment.

You're probably not gonna visually see the improvements over a Giant Bomb stream.

pronk420

You're probably not gonna visually see the improvements over a Giant Bomb stream.

I don't really care that much about that, its just a bit weird for them not to have a stream for what is basically a new console launch. I don't watch giant bomb for image quality, I watch it to hear them talk about games, and I'd like to hear what they think about the professional PS4.

tomhan

So for American reasons I have really needed something to watch that makes me feel better and I turned straight to Giantbomb and I wasn't let down. Vinny doing that stream yesterday was excellent.

I was about to ask if there was a definitive thread / place to go for the best GB content when I saw the link in the OP for qlcrew.com and I have to say that site is fantastic and exactly what I was looking for. I just wanted to thank whoever puts that together (I assume that they read this thread) and let them know how much I appreciate it.

Xater

I don't really care that much about that, its just a bit weird for them not to have a stream for what is basically a new console launch. I don't watch giant bomb for image quality, I watch it to hear them talk about games, and I'd like to hear what they think about the professional PS4.

And you will on the podcasts.

jaina

I was about to ask if there was a definitive thread / place to go for the best GB content when I saw the link in the OP for qlcrew.com and I have to say that site is fantastic and exactly what I was looking for. I just wanted to thank whoever puts that together (I assume that they read this thread) and let them know how much I appreciate it.

szlifier visits occasionally, they're doing a banging job on the site.

I've updated QLCrew to link them to this channel.

Here is a complete list/catalogue with working links: TNTs

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
And yet Brad who is the most technically minded of the group says he really wants one. Funny how that works. Also the twitter replies on that tweet by Brad are embarrassing. PC gamers really can't stand the idea that someone would want a more powerful console.

I built a new PC this year, but I also love the convenience of a console, and enough of this Fall's games are getting better graphics support at 1080p that I kinda want it sooner than later (also, I have a ton of Sony Rewards points I need to use).

I have an embarrassing admission to make: I think Brad is better than me at Hitman.

With the time I've been putting in since last week, way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom