• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the demo derby was pretty good.

It was. Speaking of Evil Dead: Regeneration, it's actually pretty alright save for the annoying buddy character(voiced by Ted Raimi though). Especially when compared to the previous two games(Hail to the King & A Fistful of Boomstick) which were bad. This one does some very interesting things when it comes to the Evil Dead universe as well as the gameplay mechanics(using the Necronomicon to do various things).

I remember enjoying the game, it's not amazing or great but it's good. The TV series is also pretty good if you loved Evil Dead 2 which hit the right balance of horror and comedy.

The best size to go with, that's a sweet ass upgrade.

PW5qTxX.gif

Jeff
9am Saturday
Full 24

Send game suggestions
https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann

xHQkfVP.gif

Time for Jeff to play some Hitman.

---

GBE Playdate: Gears of War 4 (Campaign)
We jump into the Gears 4 campaign to shoot some robots deliver that do-rag.

Going by the picture, they played through one of the best parts in Gears 4.

MY FUCKING TOMATOES!1

---

Unprofessional Fridays: 11/11/2016
What better way to break in our new 4K TV than to play some Vectrex games?

Tagyhag

Awww goddamn it even Dan wanted Koopa's Tycoon Town.

We just missed out on Fortune Street 2 because of that jerk who suggested the stupid map in Mario Party 6.

jaina

This day 10 years ago the PS3 was released.

UPF should be a PS3 stream where they play THE MOST ps3 ass ps3 games.

I am talking about..

Lair
Heavy Rain
Flower
Skyrim on PS3
The Uncharted 2 train
MGS4

Or they could just have Gran Turismo 5 installing in the background for the entire show.
a quality idea, especially the GT5 part

Is it possible to buy a game you have through ps plus? Rocket League is on sale rn, and I want to actually own it.
not possible. I consider that a bigger PS+ problem than the games selection.
Buy a physical PS4 copy or the PC version.

Salarians

Remember Virginia? It's even less remembered than Inside...
should I play it? worth 10 bucks?
Try the demo. I was intrigued by the game but it completely turned me off from buying it. That and the negativity I'd heard surrounding the game's conclusion.

Remember Virginia? It's even less remembered than Inside...
should I play it? worth 10 bucks?

I really enjoyed it but it's a love it/hate it type of game. At the most you'll be getting like two playthroughs from it and that's it. The first half of the game is pretty clear, but the second half is open to interpretation, especially the ending. I had to play it twice to make a theory on what I thought about the ending and what followed before it.

I don't get this thought process that smaller single player experiances are supposed to dominate conversation for months after release.

Unfortunately, not many played the game to really converse about it and all.

e: I get your point though.

jaina

thanks everybody

I don't get this thought process that smaller single player experiances are supposed to dominate conversation for months after release.
yeah that was an unnecessary dig. I'm even annoyed by constant "LTTP: Game from 2 months ago" threads instead of posts in the OT.
I'll pick a better target next time.

Hahaha, I did read that the levels are made less complicated specifically for VR which my guess is to make it playable for most people. I'd love it though if they had an option to unhinge that thing for anyone who wants to melt their eyes and brain. Looking forward to the stream.

---

ysHdyuB.png

Is there a reason for them stopping posting pics in the coming up section when it comes to QLs and all? I'm guessing maybe it's a bug.

Watched the Playdate and gears really looks like a boring slog.

Yeah, it seems like a throwback in the worst way. The chest-high walls everywhere, bulletsponge enemies... I've always thought Gears was boring as shit, except in co-op, though. Those campaigns were never particularly exciting solo affairs.

derFeef

Watched the Playdate and gears really looks like a boring slog.

Yeah, it seems like a throwback in the worst way. The chest-high walls everywhere, bulletsponge enemies... I've always thought Gears was boring as shit, except in co-op, though. Those campaigns were never particularly exciting solo affairs.

If you don't like Gears it won't change your mind. If you like Gears it's a pretty good Gears game. No surprises, just.. a pretty good Gears game.

Peru

Statistically Dan shouldn't win this many Mario Party wins if the thing was all random so I have to concede that he's good at Mario Party.

SomberOwl

24 hours of Jeff should be pretty great. Will have something to listen to / watch for the next week. Hopefully his stream is like a big Jar Time video. I could listen to Jeff talk for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom