• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hjod

Banned
You should at least wear something nice to a wedding.

tumblr_nec56n9EQU1qfnp35o3_500.gif

I would be less angry if you had some tips on how to grab it for a similar price right now!

I dunno. a lot of japanese stores (that sell online) don't seem to restock games if they run out after the first few months. if you're into importing, time is not your friend.

that said, used (but recent) games go for hilariously cheap prices there so if you know someone who can check around for you, you could probably find a copy for like $10.

TraBuch

Banned
Dan calling Yakuza 0 Shenmue is going to drive me crazy.
I get weirded out by Yakuza fans and Shenmue fans that insist the games are nothing alike. In the end, they're both open games taking place in Japan filled with minigames and things to do besides the main story. Yakuza is a pretty natural progression of what Shenmue did, with some major quality of life improvements.

robotrock

Banned
I dunno. a lot of japanese stores (that sell online) don't seem to restock games if they run out after the first few months. if you're into importing, time is not your friend.

that said, used (but recent) games go for hilariously cheap prices there so if you know someone who can check around for you, you could probably find a copy for like $10.

i don't really have any cool shops around me other than a trader joes. might try searching for it at pax east or something...someone's bound to have it. could totally see it being way overpriced though

LiK

i don't really have any cool shops around me other than a trader joes. might try searching for it at pax east or something...someone's bound to have it. could totally see it being way overpriced though

if i see some used copies online, i can give you heads up. tried eBay?
Dont listen to them, this is how I've been saying it forever

We're like two peas in a salad

Its peaches and gravy from here on out

this is pure evil

robotrock

Banned
👏 not 👏 touching 👏 yakuza 👏 6's 👏 demo 👏 until 👏 i 👏 finish 👏 5

Megasoum

Banned
👏 not 👏 touching 👏 yakuza 👏 6's 👏 demo 👏 until 👏 i 👏 finish 👏 5

I j ust wanted to see the transitions lol... Skipping all the cutscenes cause I can't understrand anything anyway lol.

I recognized the guys from Yakuza 0 and the Orphenage from the beginning of 3 (I only watched the Quicklook).

robotrock

Banned
if i see some used copies online, i can give you heads up. tried eBay?

I appreciate that. Checked out ebay, can grab a copy of the game used for about $40 which doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world. New copies will be about $55-70
I j ust wanted to see the transitions lol... Skipping all the cutscenes cause I can't understrand anything anyway lol.

I recognized the guys from Yakuza 0 and the Orphenage from the beginning of 3 (I only watched the Quicklook).

Yeah I'm very excited to eventually play Yakuza 6. I've only seen the cover art but it has Beat Takahashi on it so I'm already in for two copies.

I get weirded out by Yakuza fans and Shenmue fans that insist the games are nothing alike. In the end, they're both open games taking place in Japan filled with minigames and things to do besides the main story. Yakuza is a pretty natural progression of what Shenmue did, with some major quality of life improvements.

That seems like a fair observation.

LiK

I think the reason they had nothing in common with fans is because the first two Yakuza games were more like a traditional RPG in both exploration and combat. Y3 was where it felt a lot more like Shenmue, imo. Y0 is a progression from the PS3 games so yes, if you started with Y0 then they feel quite similar.

Its like saying Assassins Creed is like Red Dead Redemption because they are both open world and let you ride horses.

IMO, comparing something to Shenmue is a bit of a insult unless its "what if Shenmue was good"

When the Bombcast started talking about making a Call of Duty game that was kind of a MP platform that they would support year after year Overwatch/Rainbow Six Siege style, I literally thought in my head of the name "Black Ops Forever." Few minutes later, Jeff busts out the same thing.

GET ON IT, TREYARCH

justjim89

I wonder if Jeff or Brad went to the Prey preview event, lots of coverage coming out for it. With Brad being the System Shock guy, seems like Prey would be right up his alley, that game looks rad.

Wasn't there a video where they took a look at the demo for the System Shock remake? Can't find it on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom