• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Don't let it get to ya. I got called a creep by many a folks when I asked if we had ever seen Jeff's wife before. God forbid.

I mean people want to know, at least based on Google Autocomplete. Personally, I don't really care and it's on them if they want to share that to the public or not. If I was in their position, I'd probably wouldn't.

I'd rather get married at a Chinese buffet.

Ehh...American Chinese buffets always leave me feeling gross, bloated, and mostly unsatisfied.

Vengal

I know it's a joke but I feel like Brad hasn't played anything in like a month.

Someone give this man a copy of yakuza

One of them probably has Mass Effect, Horizon, or Zelda right? Beginning of the cast this week seemed like Jeff cut Brad off when he was going to go into what he was playing or hint at it.

Catvoca

Banned
Here's the official description. A plus is the bouquet of fire sauce packets given to the bride. The big negative is that there's only room for 15 guests and, even worse, you only get a 12-pack of tacos included. Can you imagine going to a Taco Bell for a wedding and being one of the guests without a taco? A nightmare.

Edit: but the contest winners do get a bunch of free stuff: https://www.tacobell.com/loveandtacos. Also, it looks like there's both public voting and judges involved somehow.

From their wording is sounds like public votes get you put into the finalists, and then it's decided by judges.

Dan getting married in a Taco Bell feels like the conclusion to the Dan Ryckert character arc. Maybe we'll see the real Dan afterwards.

Taco Bell: Get married at Taco Bell!
Everyone: No, what sort of person would actually do that?!?
White People:
tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500.gif

I'd rather get married at a Chinese buffet.

Ehh...American Chinese buffets always leave me feeling gross, bloated, and mostly unsatisfied.

I've lost count of the number of wedding receptions I've been to that took place at Chinese Restaurants in Queens. All but one of them weren't buffets, so that's a positive, but it just means that whenever I get married, I'm sure as shit not having a reception in one of the zillion Chinese Restaurants that have food tasting exactly the same as everywhere else somehow.

Best of luck to Dan! Oh who am I kidding, he's gonna win.

LiK

Weddings are fucking boring so I'm glad Dan is trying something else. I have to go to one this year for my cousin but i'm skipping another one in Canada. Could not give any fucks.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Godspeed Dan, do whatever your heart tells you to do.

The one Taco Bell I've been in in San Francisco looked gross and disgusting and the food was cold and disgusting. That was the one chance TB had to win me over since it doesn't exist in my country.

Weddings are fucking boring so I'm glad Dan is trying something else. I have to go to one this year for my cousin but i'm skipping another one in Canada. Could not give any fucks.

My best friend get's married in July and I'm already anxious about it. I hate wearing suits and I'll probably know about 3 people there, including her. *sigh*
Weddings ARE the worst thing.

So the mobile app is dead at this point with the new player eh? Shame, wanted to be able to chromecast from the phone in the room that doesn't have a console setup...

LiK

My best friend get's married in July and I'm already anxious about it. I hate wearing suits and I'll probably know about 3 people there, including her. *sigh*

The whole dress up and then doing all the boring ceremony stuff is so annoying. Had to do that for my sister's wedding. Thankfully, I think the one I'm going to this year is just a dinner. Nothing fancy.

daveo42

Banned
I'm pretty sure premium members get an invite to the wedding. It's only fair

I'm not paying for a flight and hotel room in Vegas to see Dan get married. The package only covers six people. Besides, I'm sure it'll be streamed on Periscope or even by Taco Bell themselves. Actually, I'd put money on Taco Bell having a live stream on Facebook.

Godspeed Dan, do whatever your heart tells you to do.

The one Taco Bell I've been in in San Francisco looked gross and disgusting and the food was cold and disgusting. That was the one chance TB had to win me over since it doesn't exist in my country.

The whole dress up and then doing all the boring ceremony stuff is so annoying. Had to do that for my sister's wedding. Thankfully, I think the one I'm going to this year is just a dinner. Nothing fancy.

You guys don't like weddings? You're friggin crazy.
Also, have you ever had a job interview at anywhere that doesn't pay under $15/hr?

Dressing up is part of growing up and can be fun!

Xater

Also, have you ever had a job interview at anywhere that doesn't pay under $15/hr?

I don't enjoy the dressing up, but the weddings of friends have always been good times.

I mean I love weddings and am a grown adult and have always worked over $15 (i guess) but I still hate suits.

LiK

I hate suits in general. I'm glad I work in an office that doesn't require me to dress up everyday.

Fantastapotamus

Oh yeah, obviously I have to be a child to not like weddings. Cool post

Hold up.

Do guys really think suits are the only thing you can wear to wedding?

It's not my choice. No idea how you guys do weddings but where I live the bride and groom decide on a style. Obviously I could be a giant dick and say "Naw, I don't feel like respecting your wishes after you invited me to your most special day" but I think I'm not gonna be a dick

popo

Someone with more time and talent than me could make a great hostage video out of Dan's Taco thing.

Been top 5 games on Twitch for the last 2 betas with a program to get popular streamers to play it

I don't think they sent it out to die

I have seen zero mainstream promotion. Maybe they are targeting enthusiast audience with their promo money. Seemed like they were sneaking it out - not like Steep, but The Division, which I see as aiming for a similar demographic, was everywhere.

Strax

It's not my choice. No idea how you guys do weddings but where I live the bride and groom decide on a style. Obviously I could be a giant dick and say "Naw, I don't feel like respecting your wishes after you invited me to your most special day" but I think I'm not gonna be a dick

Don't get me wrong, if they want you to wear a suit you do wear a suit (if you can moneywise). My point was more that you can be sharply dressed and wedding appropriate without wearing a suit.

Scizzy

1. Most weddings are really fun, black tie, suit, or less. Provided there's alcohol, of course.

2. The only GB-related family member it's OK to objectify is Jeff's cat.

3. It's too bad Drake and Jason are both married, because I would kill to see one of them enter the contest just to spite Dan. It would be the greatest of event in site history.

popo

Nice poverty shame bro. Hey fast food worker! Grow up and get a fucking job that requites a suit! :D

Fantastapotamus

Don't get me wrong, if they want you to wear a suit you do wear a suit (if you can moneywise). My point was more that you can be sharply dressed and wedding appropriate without wearing a suit.

Sure.

I genuinely believe most people here have a different wedding experience than me, cause I can't think why anybody would find it fun to sit around in a super fancy restaurant with little to no alcohol for 5-8 hours after sitting in a church for 2 hours or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom