• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Much more laid back panel. While I love the bombastic panels of Pax past (Money box, Glass bottle, etc), I kinda just liked that it felt like all of them just wanted to talk about whatever.

Also the discussion of game preservation and working with the game preservation people made me think about the possibility of Giant Bomb doing a 99% Invisible or This American Life style podcast or video show that's a tightly edited 20 minute slice of game history. I find that a lot of the nerdy non-Giant Bomb stuff I enjoy on YouTube ends up being little, tightly edited documentaries or breakdowns of old technology or the rationale behind various things.

With Jeff's near encyclopedic knowledge, Steve Lin's access to stuff, and Vinny or new hire editing together a thing, I think it would be a neat little way of expanding the site.

OkayRene

God dammit Austin...

i4eqSqR.png

Again?

This was my first PAX, was really cool to finally see a live Giant Bomb event in person. Good crowd too. Good people.

EDIT: Except for Palmer Lucky.

so according to the paxcast

They've got a set of interviews ready to go and possibly group interviews?

Group interviews are the worst.

Interviews are already uncomfortable. Lets get everyone in a room to compete and get their business knifes out.

Good luck to those people. Hopefully we see some new faces by E3 or just after.

Interviews are already uncomfortable. Lets get everyone in a room to compete and get their business knifes out.

I wonder if they're hiring locally then? Doubt they would fly out people for an interview. Or maybe it's a skype call? Hrmm.

Gjerven

so according to the paxcast

They've got a set of interviews ready to go and possibly group interviews?

I wonder if they're hiring locally then? Doubt they would fly out people for an interview. Or maybe it's a skype call? Hrmm.

What Jeff actually said can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZg03Nk0viw&feature=youtu.be&t=4161. So far setting up interviews (which is probably done over skype etc), then in person (in which case they probably fly them in) were they'll be interviewed in a wider group, which I interpret as the crew and HR.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
so stealing Nick and Griffin from Polygon is pretty much the consensus best-case scenario right

so stealing Nick and Griffin from Polygon is pretty much the consensus best-case scenario right
I wouldn't be shocked on Nick, but if anything I'd imagine griffin and Justin would be closer to going full time with their comedy stuff then signing up with another video games site

pizzacat

Banned
They're considering a Street Fighter 2 series that sounds like a nightmare, and not necessarily the fun kind.

Ignore the shitposts surrounding this one, my answer was serious
If they're going to do a fighting game series any numbered SF would be the worst because only one version ends up being the best and the other ones become obsolete (ST for 2, 3S for 3 even though NG 2I are hot ass, imo vanilla for IV or AS 2012 would prolly be the funnest for me)

They're better off doing a kof one or a big snk one in general

Get some buriki one, fatal fury, kof, Samsho, last blade

Anything really, it's not like Jeff doesn't own a couple of these things

Or fuck since they like MK when it was ass just play the dumb clones it had

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Dan is completely useless when it comes to game industry or thought questions. Ever notice that? Like he looks so checked out right now haha
It sucks, because Dan actually has a lot of insight due to being at Game Informer so long (and working at Gamestop, too). But I think he might feel a little intimidated, maybe? Not sure what it is, but there's no reason he shouldn't chime in.

Is this the new Quake? Please don't be the new Quake...

edit: Oh no, it is Quake.

Santar

Shame they didn't get to finish the "This is the Run" discussion at the panel. Was really interested in hearing what they have planned next for the series. It sounded like they were getting to that before the conversation trailed off to something else.

Top Bottom