• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

pizzacat

Banned
I guess, but nobody's under any obligation to give credence to a man who has made it his job to be confrontational. the Nier review thread got locked because it was developing into a witch hunt/harassment campaign because someone rated it too low and knocked it down from 90 to 89 on metacritic.
IT'S almost as if the website should be banned from here since it only leads to crazies with Mario avatars or sackboy avatars or something
I assume that's more the exception than the rule, and god help you if that bar is 90.

also, Nier being japanese, I doubt there are bonuses of any kind involved there.
I hear Yoko Taro is gonna break some of platinums higher ups kneecaps if it goes down to 85

After reading this I was curious and had to go look at that thread.

I wish i didn't. Some people on this site are fucking insane, not normal, I mean how can you function like that?

its what happens when you stake your personal identity into an entertainment product.

We call them fanboys.

pizzacat

Banned
At least most of the madness is consolidated to review threads now. It could be much worse.
Just the other day was perusing the gears 4 ot because I decided to fire up that trash magnet and some junior decided to post about how it's gears of poo and that it's in 2D or something

I mean you know with all the microtransactions it has he's not wrong but he's saying those things for other, really childish reasons.

That type of shit no matter what side it's coming from is everyone on gaming side

Any podcast recommendations? Preferably on SoundCloud. I love the bombcast, and beast cast, but need another to listen to on my long weekend drives. I used to listen to ps I love you but Colin has annoyed me lately so I stopped.

Any podcast recommendations? Preferably on SoundCloud. I love the bombcast, and beast cast, but need another to listen to on my long weekend drives. I used to listen to ps I love you but Colin has annoyed me lately so I stopped.

They're not really video game podcasts, but if you like the McElroy brothers, My Brother, My Brother and Me is good. I also really like The Adventure Zone. Stuff You Should Know is also really good.

Dineren

Banned

Retronauts is pretty good if you enjoy discussion about older games. The 8-4 podcast is pretty good if you want to hear discussion primarily about Japanese games. I don't think 8-4 is on soundcloud unfortunately.

i wish review threads were banned on this forum... they don't really accomplish anything and only serve to fuel more fire. the classic uncharted 3 thread is still hilarious to me

Dineren

Banned
i wish review threads were banned on this forum... they don't really accomplish anything and only serve to fuel more fire. the classic uncharted 3 thread is still hilarious to me

The purpose was to contain it all to one thread instead of having people posting new threads and flooding the OT with them. It's hardly perfect, but you can't realistically ban review discussion everywhere.

oti

Banned

As long as people leave their garbage in those threads, I'd say they work as intended. I must admit, I find them quite entertaining at times. The Uncharted 3 review thread is just 👌

Actually they are good at herding up the crazies into one spot so the topic would shit up existing threads or having multiple new thread.

Plus i 'm willing to go with notation that it helps the moderation staff as well

Volotaire

The purpose was to contain it all to one thread instead of having people posting new threads and flooding the OT with them. It's hardly perfect, but you can't realistically ban review discussion everywhere.

An idea could be to lock review threads after the first post (with mods editing reviews in) until posters have had time to play the game i.e. a week or two.

Posters will have had time to play the game so players can engage in a more intelligent and constructive debate. It could filter out posters who have played the game and the time lag could reduce some of the poster's irrationality and focus on the game (posters who might engage with the thread otherwise).

Just noticed that Jim gave Zelda a 7.

His impressions in those videos was giving the vibe that he's not over the moon with the game so it was kinda expected.

I wonder how that went?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Can't say I agree with much of his criticism (complaining about the skippable bloodmoon animation that happens every 5 or so hours, really?) and the review didn't really read like a 7/10 so I was even surprised about the score.
Well who cares, he is entitled to his opinion and I already know I don't share his opinion on almost everything so no surprise.

Anyone have a link to the vod of the GB pax panel?

Teddified

So Canadian Dan Ryckert moved to NY....What happens when Authentic NY Dan Ryckert runs into Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert. Does the universe explode? Do they combine and fight for control of the body?

As long as people leave their garbage in those threads, I'd say they work as intended. I must admit, I find them quite entertaining at times. The Uncharted 3 review thread is just 👌

The Uncharted 3 review thread is a classic.

He's making an announcement tomorrow

Drew announcement and BITE. Hell yes.

uyiaymcylkf3.gif

Volotaire

I think Drew's project (the consensus prediction really) will be gaming community stories across the world like the EVE content he did with Patrick in Iceland.

oti

Banned
I wonder if Nintendo is really pissed about that review. 98 sounds so much better in a commercial than 97.

Nintendo has the glowing reviews from TIME and Guardian to promote Zelda with. Jim's review only matters to a certain set of people. His review doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

Also, who cares. 97, 98. Pfffffff. Nintendo will be fine. Zelda will sell fine.

Not a big fan of Jim myself. But I'm not a big fan of immersion in a review. It's such a video game review thing to bring up that most of the players never even think about.

M.D

Can't say I agree with much of his criticism (complaining about the skippable bloodmoon animation that happens every 5 or so hours, really?) and the review didn't really read like a 7/10 so I was even surprised about the score.
Well who cares, he is entitled to his opinion and I already know I don't share his opinion on almost everything so no surprise.

Anyone have a link to the vod of the GB pax panel?

PAX East 2017: Giant Bomb Panel (03/11/2017)

Top Bottom