• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Dude, just be like me and ignore everything wrestling related, and live a happier life.

jpyjtr.gif

Jothel

Got Deus Ex mankind divided super cheap on psn, what was the general consensus around here? I forget

*Edit* wait the lip syncing seems to be completely off?

Salarians

Got Deus Ex mankind divided super cheap on psn, what was the general consensus around here? I forget

*Edit* wait the lip syncing seems to be completely off?
main story isn't great, ends too soon

Prague and the side content contained within it is fantastic

The remark of "Drawn to Death is probably coming out this decade" is particularly dour when you realize that the game is coming out in 3 weeks.

Zaph

It's crazy how many of my BotW issues are almost solved after just one day with the Pro controller. Still a lot things I don't like (mostly what Jeff mentioned - UI, durability, stamina etc) but so much of it was exacerbated by the joycons. Now they're just slight annoyances.

I still really like the Switch form factor, but its just not comfortable for 3D action adventure with layered systems.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Really? Had no problems with the joycons, but I'm exclusively handheld.

I also really like using them separated. It's actually a really comfortable way to play.

This is gonna be a deep cut, what was the name of that base building game Vinny played forever ago on UPF with the weird physics? You had to build a base and defend from enemies, there was wacky gun physics. He revisited it a few times iirc, it was early access.

Tan

This is gonna be a deep cut, what was the name of that base building game Vinny played forever ago on UPF with the weird physics? You had to build a base and defend from enemies, there was wacky gun physics. He revisited it a few times iirc, it was early access.

Starforge?

Jeff has sounded so bored and at time literally monotone lately. The last two bombcasts almost put me to sleep while driving.

I don't think it needs to be laboured much more at this point, but his colleagues are now basically Brad and Jason - two very chilled, low energy presences at the best of times, and Brad's also been off his game recently. Jeff is best when he's bouncing off other personalities (like in the latest Beastcast). It's just a temporary issue while they sort some new blood, I'm sure.

Starforge?

That's it! I was wondering what the hell ended up happening with that game. Looks like they ended up removing it from sale a few months ago and just making it free.

Wow, it was the fourth lowest rated game on Steam before they removed it.

Arcade Periscope. Someplace in New Hampshire.

I live near that Galloping Ghost arcade just outside of Chicago and I love it to death, but the amount of space in the aisles at this one makes me envious lol. Looks like you can walk past people at a cabinet without contorting around.

ArjanN

If they're going to do a fighting game series any numbered SF would be the worst because only one version ends up being the best and the other ones become obsolete (ST for 2, 3S for 3 even though NG 2I are hot ass, imo vanilla for IV or AS 2012 would prolly be the funnest for me)

They're better off doing a kof one or a big snk one in general

Get some buriki one, fatal fury, kof, Samsho, last blade

Anything really, it's not like Jeff doesn't own a couple of these things

Or fuck since they like MK when it was ass just play the dumb clones it had

Pretty much. There's no real reason not to just only play the last version of each numbered game.

Honestly they'd be better off doing a scrub tournament for SFV (with some betting stakes to keep everyone trying.) or just doing less known games.

To be fair Shrines are futuristic metal and plastic rooms that if you told me took place on a space ship I would believe you.

Not to forget the fucking ipad that gets firmware updates through liquid data.

To be fair Shrines are futuristic metal and plastic rooms that if you told me took place on a space ship I would believe you.

BotW lore/story spoilers:
the future-looking rooms and technology stuff makes sense since one of the previous civilizations were far more technologically advanced than the current one.

Flipyap

That's the coolest thing. I want a computer that cries all over my electronics.

It's too bad Nintendo is still Nintendo, so it's just a weird visual. There would have to be a fascinating story behind a culture whose entire iconography and design language is based around tears.

Those people are dumb, but that has no bearing on how stupid some of his complaints are.

I guess, but nobody's under any obligation to give credence to a man who has made it his job to be confrontational. the Nier review thread got locked because it was developing into a witch hunt/harassment campaign because someone rated it too low and knocked it down from 90 to 89 on metacritic.

Why people get bent out of shape that a guy who was advocating that people pirate Nintendo's games a few weeks back wasn't too hot on one of their games is beyond me.

Stirling's consumer advocacy videos are valuable, but I don't really have much use for him as a critic.

imBask

Banned
He reviewed the game, and you can disagree with some of his points, or agree with them

that's about where the conversation should end really. Going on a metacritics witch hunt might be the most pathetic thing i've read in my life

I guess, but nobody's under any obligation to give credence to a man who has made it his job to be confrontational. the Nier review thread got locked because it was developing into a witch hunt/harassment campaign because someone rated it too low and knocked it down from 90 to 89 on metacritic.

I didn't know about this.

I find it extremely depressing.

...the Nier review thread got locked because it was developing into a witch hunt/harassment campaign because someone rated it too low and knocked it down from 90 to 89 on metacritic.

After reading this I was curious and had to go look at that thread.

I wish i didn't. Some people on this site are fucking insane, not normal, I mean how can you function like that?

Top Bottom