• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJRB

Gold Member
Brad looks boss with the goatee, he should keep it. He looked badass with the full beard last year as well.

Gav47

I didn't know brad could grow hair

2349912-aXwiT.jpg

876426-theunknown.jpg

Can't find the video of the second picture, I think it's been lost with the Gamespot redesign.

Timeless

Brads tweet about TLOU made it sound like he turned around on that game in a big way. Vinny has always loved the game, and Patrick/Alex would have no problem giving it GOTY. I think Jeff would be the only major obstacle fighting for Bioshock Infinite.
Bioshock Infinite will not be Jeff's GOTY.

I think it will be GTA V. Jeff's the only one who really liked it all the way through. He says he doesn't feel it's THE game of the year, but he hasn't pointed out any other sure candidates either.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I feel like Vinny is the only one who has changed and even that is just some hair loss.

Doesn't Jeff still wear that shirt?

If I had to guess, personal GOTYs would go:

Jeff - GTAV
Brad - Dota 2
Vinny - The Last of Us
Patrick - The Last of Us
Alex - Maybe Mario 3D World?
Drew - Submarine Radar Repairman Simulator 2013

Really curious to see what ends up being the overall game of the year because there hasn't really been a game this year that everyone has really liked, like XCOM last year.

Jeff - GTAV
Brad - Dota 2
Vinny - The Last of Us
Patrick - The Last of Us
Alex and Patrick will always get GOTY points for me for going to bat for Hotline Miami and Rayman Origins.

cdkee

Banned

Jeff - GTAV
Brad - Dota 2
Vinny - The Last of Us
Patrick - The Last of Us

I actually checked to see if Submarine Radar Repairman Simulator 2013 was a real game.

RE_Player

Jeff - GTAV
Brad - Dota 2
Vinny - The Last of Us
Patrick - The Last of Us
You are on crack if you think The Last of Us will win anyone's GOTY on staff. I expect it to be 7 or 8 on their overall and near the top for a select few, like Patrick and Vinny.

Stealth gameplay is usually pretty bad in games that don't market themselves as stealth games. But Jeff doesn't even like stuff like Dishonored, so fuck that guy.
Dishonoured and Mark of The Ninja are the only two times I can remember enjoying stealth games. Preach Jeff, preach.

Sadly, i don't normally listen to GOTY podcasts until at least the middle of January, if not later due to backlog and spoilers.

You are on crack if you think The Last of Us will win anyone's GOTY on staff. I expect it to be 7 or 8 on their overall and near the top for a select few, like Patrick and Vinny.

Brad seemed to be completely in love with it in this week's Bombcast. And with it now being so fresh for him, I imagine he'll be that game's #1 spokesperson in discussions - with Vinny & Drew as main backup.

I'm starting to think A Link Between Worlds is going to be this year's site GOTY. It seems to be the one title that everyone is equally positive about.

demidar

Brad seemed to be completely in love with it in this week's Bombcast. And with it now being so fresh for him, I imagine he'll be that game's #1 spokesperson in discussions - with Vinny & Drew as main backup.

I'm starting to think A Link Between Worlds is going to be this year's site GOTY. It seems to be the one title that everyone is equally positive about.

It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks, the only thing that matters is what Brad thinks.

BRAD FILIBUSTER ACTIVATE!

please listen! i'm from a doomed timeline in which humanity is destroyed. the first sign of temporal failure was giant bomb giving a nintendo handheld game their goty award. please, your finest scientists must figure out a solution before the time infection begins to sprea- no... no ! !

Jintor

please listen! i'm from a doomed timeline in which humanity is destroyed. the first sign of temporal failure was giant bomb giving a nintendo handheld game their goty award. please, your finest scientists must figure out a solution before the time infection begins to sprea- no... no ! !

image.php

CzarTim

Jeff - GTAV
Brad - Dota 2
Vinny - The Last of Us
Patrick - The Last of Us

Jeff said he almost gave GTA a 4, don't see that being GOTY for him. Hell, he liked Bioshock more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom