• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoggy

Jeff getting told what's what by Sergeant Slaughter always makes me smile. You can see what a big fan Jeff is of old school wrestling right there, and when Sarge lets him relax Jeff has this look on his face like "That was fucking awesome."

Edit: For some odd reason, Kofi Kingston talking with his bogus Jamaican accent dates this video more than anything else.

this is amazing. i never thought jeff would ever get starstruck or visibly show this much excitement. look at him talking about the actual ring and the mat, he seems like a little kid.

Jeff getting told what's what by Sergeant Slaughter always makes me smile. You can see what a big fan Jeff is of old school wrestling right there, and when Sarge lets him relax Jeff has this look on his face like "That was fucking awesome."

Edit: For some odd reason, Kofi Kingston talking with his bogus Jamaican accent dates this video more than anything else.

Jeff's noticeably aged a lot in 2-3 years. The whole crew has really.

Das Ace

How the hell does Jeff have more hair now then he did 5 years ago.

Zaph

Parody the VGX's. For each segment have one of the GB crew be Geoff - serious, professional and holding it together - while different friends of the site (Johnny/Fake Brad/Fake Jeff etc) do their best Joel impression and try to burn everything to the ground.

They could probably put a similar set together for $3.50 worth of scrap metal.

demidar

Parody the VGX's. For each segment have one of the GB crew be Geoff - serious, professional and holding it together - while different friends of the site (Johnny/Fake Brad/Fake Jeff etc) do their best Joel impression and try to burn everything to the ground.

They could probably put a similar set together for $3.50 worth of scrap metal.

They'd probably get more use out of embezzling that $3.50.

OMG Aero

They should just have them playing Windjammers and casually mentioning the catagories and winners.
Replacement idea for game of the year podcasts: a series of videos of them playing Windjammers and/or Divekick with one match per GOTY category, the winner gets to pick who wins that award from the list of nominees.

Apologies for being late on this but it blows my mind some say the combat in Last of Us is poor. I thought it was fucking incredible, especially when you get more shit to mess with. Manouevering around a group of enemies, then smokin' 'em, shivin' em and slammin' the last dude against a wall and knocking him out in a desparate flurry... those sort of moments not only played well, but were incredibly cinematic and affecting whilst still being totally dynamic and player-controlled.

The journey to Bill's house with all the zambies was probably my favourite part of that whole game. It was super tense and I always felt in control. Some great memories of that. Plus, I really got into the multiplayer because the combat was so damn satisfying to me. It's like Gears of War meets Counter-Strike in the best way you could hope for.

Damn, I gotta get that game again..

Curufinwe

Apologies for being late on this but it blows my mind some say the combat in Last of Us is poor. I thought it was fucking incredible, especially when you get more shit to mess with. Manouevering around a group of enemies, then smokin' 'em, shivin' em and slammin' the last dude against a wall and knocking him out in a desparate flurry... those sort of moments not only played well, but were incredibly cinematic and affecting whilst still being totally dynamic and player-controlled.

The journey to Bill's house with all the zambies was probably my favourite part of that whole game. It was super tense and I always felt in control. Some great memories of that. Plus, I really got into the multiplayer because the combat was so damn satisfying to me. It's like Gears of War meets Counter-Strike in the best way you could hope for.

Damn, I gotta get that game again..

How are the checkpoints?

I just played Gears on Hardcore and found a lot of instances where the checkpoints were too far part in a game filled with enemies who can kill you in one hit.

LackingSaint

Neo Member
Playing The Last of Us on Hard with No Listen Mode just seems frustrating. I love the game to bits, but I feel like it's just designed for Listen Mode to be a thing.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I have a feeling the Game Of The Year podcast will be incredibly heated. Can't wait.

Honestly I kinda hope so. The bombers are a great crew, but they can be too professional. (yes, I watch the same giantbomb you do) They never just flat out get pissed, its always "oh haha, yeah yeah" as their voices trails off into a monotone silence. I want vinny to just flat be like "fuck that shit, you like the worst games" to jeff.

LackingSaint

Neo Member
Honestly I kinda hope so. The bombers are a great crew, but they can be too professional. (yes, I watch the same giantbomb you do) They never just flat out get pissed, its always "oh haha, yeah yeah" as their voices trails off into a monotone silence. I want vinny to just flat be like "fuck that shit, you like the worst games" to jeff.

Wouldn't expect that out of Vinny, he (rightly) hates hyperbole. Remember how the whole Brothers thing started!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just sayin' that GOTY is the one appropriate place for them to "air their dirty laundry" its the one time when we actually want to feel like brads gonna leave when the turn the mic off.

Playing The Last of Us on Hard with No Listen Mode just seems frustrating. I love the game to bits, but I feel like it's just designed for Listen Mode to be a thing.

Last of Us was my video game equivalent of "Million Dollar Baby"; amazing quiet scenes, good pacing, tender and genuinely funny moments, frustrating bits and an ending that suited the genre. I also don't want to play or watch either of them again (at least not immediately).

Both were pretty emotionally draining and not something I can drop-in drop-out like Tokyo Drift or Battlefield multiplayer. The increase of difficulty in that game would not create a more enjoyable experience.

Brads tweet about TLOU made it sound like he turned around on that game in a big way. Vinny has always loved the game, and Patrick/Alex would have no problem giving it GOTY. I think Jeff would be the only major obstacle fighting for Bioshock Infinite.

Did Soda Drinker Pro come out this year? Jeff might fight for that to be in the number 10 spot on the overall GOTY list.

Brothers is number 11.

EliCash

Didn't Jeff recently say he started to think on how much he enjoyed that game (referring to Infinite)? I say recently, that could easily have been months ago. I've been listening to lots of bombcasts I missed, stretching back to like July.

I did really enjoy Infinite. I rarely play through a game multiple times. I love the menu to Infinite. I think when you love the menu music of a game, and the feeling that starting the game up gives you, that's when you know love a game (unless it's a shit game with a really good menu... but you get my point, hopefully).

popo

Brads tweet about TLOU made it sound like he turned around on that game in a big way. Vinny has always loved the game, and Patrick/Alex would have no problem giving it GOTY. I think Jeff would be the only major obstacle fighting for Bioshock Infinite.

Brad seemed to like the ending but wasn't wild about actually playing the game. Jeff isn't going to have it as GOTY and I doubt the others like it enough to fight him. Likely top 5 though. Definitely top 10.

They should record a TLOU spoiler cast before the GOTY discussion.

Its all I want. Make it Premium and I would pay. I dont give care. I just want to hear them talk about WInter.

I should really get back to that game and do my Survivor Playthrough before I make the next gen jump.

Playing TLOU and Tearaway seems like a good combination so I might start that in a few hours.

Refreshed my Bombcast feed. Saw a new entry pop up at the top of the list. Downloaded it and started listening. Heard Ryan and was completely confused. Looked at the date: 12/11/2012. For some reason my app pulled it to the top.

So many feels when I heard Ryan. :(

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I wonder if they plan to incorporate a tribute to Ryan in their Goty stuff, assuming they do similarly elaborate videos again this year.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I think they should keep it low key. Doing the wacky skits and stuff without Ryan? No.
But Ryan would be pissed if they didn't keep on keepin' on. I can hear angry Ryan now....

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
It's a long shot, I know, but can anyone here help a duder in (possible) trouble?

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/thank-you-gb-1463526/?messageId=7089303

Saw the thread earlier, hope someone reaches him in time. It was nice to see everyone posting in the thread, and also nice to see Alex reaching out. Alex is a good dude and its sad to see a small minority of people flipping their wigs when he's involved in content now and then.

Anyway, according to a mod, info has been passed on to local authorities, so hopefully this ends well.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

It isn't really frustrating, just really really intense. You have to be aware of everything and it really adds to the atmosphere. I just got out of the first city and am just loving all my time with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom