• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned

yeah no thanks.

starbound's quick look was a "let's create a character and fumble" thing when they never even made a pickaxe so although it IS exemplary of a first time experience it is not what the game really is

But then I saw the UPF segment and it wasn't much better.

Guy acted like a jerkass in the DRM fiasco.

Funny because some e-sports guy the other day was giving Patrick credit for having caused Microsoft to do their 180 on DRM. Which makes absolutely no sense.

One of the hosts on the recent Nintendo World Report podcast said he didn't really like it and did a pretty good job justifying his decision, and I've certainly heard people around say that the item renting and non-linear dungeon order fucks up any sense of a difficulty curve for the majority of the game.

Yeah, it wasn't really too difficult, but Zelda kinda gets away with it, I guess. It's never been about the feeling of overcoming enemies, but rather overcoming puzzles. Or at least the best parts of ALBW are about puzzles, and making you feel smart. Like Drew said on the podcast, the difficulty of the puzzles is perfectly pitched, and the non-linearity arguably gets them out of needing to introduce incrementally tougher puzzles when they don't really need to.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I actually used to enjoy TB, but away from the videos he makes he just seems like a bit of a jerk. I'll still probably watch the archive of the morning show to see what he has to say about the new YT policies.

I like Total Biscuit's no bullshit attitude. He's wrong sometimes, but aren't we all.

It's not that he's sometimes wrong, it's that he has a massive ego and never believes he's wrong. I listened to him back in the WCRadio days in 2005 when he had 300 live listeners, and the dude acted pompous as fuck back then on his own forums towards the fans of the site. Now that's he got a sizable audience this attitude has only worsened.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'd totally appreciate an anonymous PM (that I'd keep super quiet about) letting me know what's up with Jeff Green and all that...

Also, I hope Pathfinder is back soon.

If he was coming to GB the threads would have exploded no matter how secretive it was meant to be.

Lets all give our wounds time to heal.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
If he was coming to GB the threads would have exploded no matter how secretive it was meant to be.

Lets all give our wounds time to heal.

Of course; I was just curious then to know where it was he might be heading.

RE_Player

I hate TB so looks like I'll skip next Monday's morning show. Can't support anything that guy does after seeing him act like a child with his audience during things like the whole DRM fiasco, that was the final straw along with how he carries himself in regards to other topics.

Zornack

It's not that he's sometimes wrong, it's that he has a massive ego and never believes he's wrong. I listened to him back in the WCRadio days in 2005 when he had 300 live listeners, and the dude acted pompous as fuck back then on his own forums towards the fans of the site. Now that's he got a sizable audience this attitude has only worsened.

Yup, TB has always had a superiority complex. It would at least make some sense if he became a pompous jerk after becoming internet famous but nope, that's just who he is.

Zaph

Ugh, my dislike to TB started when he thought he could be a critical voice while at the same time taking money to promote/be a spokesperson for games, taking money to 'consult' on unreleased games (don't think he reveals which) and taking money to cover games on his youtube channel.

He's completely for sale and is the literal opposite of everything Giant Bomb.

Jesus Christ, Patrick. You better give him a bit of a grilling.

EDIT: On another note, fuck-a-duck GB's long form video was costly.

Now I get why Jeff said they wanted to find a Twitch alternative before using the CBSi player. Live show bandwidth fee no doubt counts against their annual budget.

popo

The more I think on it, I would rather GB hire someone younger with a bit more energy. I do hope that Jeff Green lands on the press side somewhere though. I am interested in what he has to say.

I wonder how many people actually watch the morning show. They seem to be all around 5,000 views a piece, but I don't know if that counts the people who watched live. All their other videos on youtube probably average 40-50k views a piece.

I see little value in the video, I listen to it as a podcast - no way of tracking that number.

The more I think on it, I would rather GB hire someone younger with a bit more energy. I do hope that Jeff Green lands on the press side somewhere though. I am interested in what he has to say.

That's why I've liked having Drew around more on the podcast and video stuff since Patrick went to Chicago. He's got a distinctly different attitude than the rest of the crew.

popo

Oh look another day of nothing on the site. I hate that they put so much production into the GOTY stuff.

Think of it as deferred content. There is fuck all on any of the gaming sites for 2 weeks over xmas - other than them running GOTY stuff, of which most is awful. I will take a lack of content now in return for like 9 hours of podcasts when I really need them.

Limit

Don't really know much about Total biscuit other than what has been posted here but just to gauge his infamy; is he considered worse than pewdiepie?

GB should let me run a TNT or some other stupid livestream thing on their site, again. I know their output takes a hit around this time of year, but good goddamn their GOTY shit is always worth their effort. I can provide all the latest Just Cause 2 multiplayer and Zandronum content that YOU need.

I'm from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, as TB is, and I apologise only for the fact that Vanilla Coca-Cola isn't a widely available soft drink beverage in my country.

I think I'll give the TotalBiscuit episode a miss. I'm not a Patrick-hater, but I find it hard enough to get through his morning show as is. Something about the video content he produces always seems a little contrived, like he's always straining to prove something.

I subscribe to Giantbomb because they maintain a great, and somewhat unique, balance of being both entertaining and informative about videogames, without the need to talk about the latest youtube or twitter drama to keep people interested. Jeff himself said on the podcast that he often dismisses entire weeks worth of gaming 'news' headlines because they're so dumb. I hope the core of GB never gets away from that.

$300k a year? Jazus! No wonder they never want to do a Endurance Run again. Now with HD video it would be crazy!

Will be interesting to see how this youtube thing shakes out but man.... picking Total biscuit as they guy you talk to about it is a bit of a dumb move.

After his completely dickish and self righteous attitude during the DRM stuff this year I find it hard to give a fuck about his little problems since he gives so little about regular peoples ones and I dont think I am alone on that.

Xater

$300k a year? Jazus! No wonder they never want to do a Endurance Run again. Now with HD video it would be crazy!

Will be interesting to see how this youtube thing shakes out but man.... picking Total biscuit as they guy you talk to about it is a bit of a dumb move.

After his completely dickish and self righteous attitude during the DRM stuff this year I find it hard to give a fuck about his little problems since he gives so little about regular peoples ones and I dont think I am alone on that.

It isn't even his problem because he is part of a network or something's none of his stuff got affected. Therefor him sticking up for people affected is good in my opinion. Sure TB spouts some dumb shit from time to time, like the DRM stuff you mentioned. Still I don't mind hi that much overall.

GB should let me run a TNT or some other stupid livestream thing on their site, again. I know their output takes a hit around this time of year, but good goddamn their GOTY shit is always worth their effort. I can provide all the latest Just Cause 2 multiplayer and Zandronum content that YOU need.

I'm from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, as TB is, and I apologise only for the fact that Vanilla Coca-Cola isn't a widely available soft drink beverage in my country.

I will always say this Fattony. Scotland > England.

jgminto

Totalbiscuit probably won't even want to talk about it much since he falls under a managed channel for his network. So it basically doesn't affect him. It's all of the channels that were recently classified as affiliates that are affected by this.

Oh look another day of nothing on the site. I hate that they put so much production into the GOTY stuff.
After what we got last year, they could have put out nothing the entire month and I would have been more than pleased if it was as good or as entertaining as last year.

lol51

Will write gb a complaint letter over them having Totalbiscuit on a podcast

If we spam them with emails we can make a difference!

Dear GIANTBOMB.COM,

I just wanted to be sure you were aware that your guest is Totalbiscuit. You should know that a large number of podcasts have rejected inviting this controversial individual as a guest.

This guest routinely demeans gamers and developers on the air. I hope you will consider removing this guest from this time slot.

Sincerely,
_____

edit: /sarcasm

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
There is 0% chance you have watched 100% of Giant Bomb's original content. So go and watch something you haven't seen yet.

That isn't necessarily true. I must be very close to seeing everything as I watch a lot of the content while I work and would say I have seen probably almost everything. Now I am not saying I won't go back and watch old stuff though.

He's a bit of a massive dick who thinks his opinions are better than anyone elses and thinks he always knows best.

I think the only people who get this impression from TB are people who have only payed attention to the various witchhunts on reddit and have never watched his content.

lol51

I hope nobody is actually dumb enough to do this.

You are barking up the wrong tree, this would just encourage them to invite him even more.

You know how ridiculous this is right? I just wanted to make sure you realize that.

I also saw him on the Sessler thing and he is a pretty good guest.

Oh wow. This was a joke. They mentioned on the podcast that they had 3 people spam them with form letter emails because Giantbomb Gaming Minute aired during the Rush Limbaugh Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom