• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Done filming, but it's the editing that takes forever.

Unless they can get someone to man the control room, expect another slow week.

are they done filming for GOTY stuff or are they continuing in the coming week?

just wondering what kind of content there will be in their last week at the office

Sounds like a fairly quick shoot this year - certainly compared to last year - so they will hopefully not be too stretched. I would not expect Drew on the bomcast though.

With most game PR shutting down for the holidays I am expecting at least some informal streams. Surely thry can set it streaming and then go back to editing? Was is last year that had Ryan cleaning used nes carts for 3 hours? That turned out to be a bit of a bummer.

What is Rich's game? I turned on at Just Cause 2 and didn't notice anything except something about a fart. Was it before?

http://www.disruptorbeam.com/games/game-of-thrones

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
He talked about it at the very beginning, it's some Game of Thrones Facebook game.

Is that the only segment? I watched about a half hour before I passed out last night and I figured they must have given some super boring gameplay demo later on with all the complaining. Dude was talking for like 20 minutes about what he's been up to and was tot's pumped. Who didn't find that interesting?

Xater

Is that the only segment? I watched about a half hour before I passed out last night and I figured they must have given some super boring gameplay demo later on with all the complaining. Dude was talking for like 20 minutes about what he's been up to and was tot's pumped. Who didn't find that interesting?

Yeah he just talked a bit about it in the beginning. I didn't mind it. I agree that it was a little interesting because it certainly isn't a part of gaming I keep up with.

GolazoDan

Rich Gallup is awesome.

Only really hit me recently that the Game of the Year stuff is the stuff Ryan used to have a lot of fun with in past years, gonna be super weird without him. Same with E3 when that rocks around. Ryan controlled those E3 Bombcasts in years past, imagine all those days of consecutive Jeffcasts. Shit's gonna go wild.

I didn't time it but it was like 5 minutes. Maybe 10.

I thought it was interesting.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't time it but it was like 5 minutes. Maybe 10.

I thought it was interesting.

Also, the stuff about 38 studio was super interesting. If I'm not mistaken they didn't even mention the studio name in that conversation. They just expected us to know what they were talking about. Pretty crazy that they still have to keep the server up and the game idling for legal reasons.

xanavi

I can see how it'd seem weird for Rich to be on there to the people that only know Jeff and them from GB. For the others that have been around since GameSpotting it's just cool to see him on a "set" again.

Dany

Banned
What about Patrick? He did live in a bad neighbourhood but seems like a dedicated pacifist. What if it was someone being mean to someone in the LGBT community. I think he might shoot them then, in the arm at least.

What are you on??

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, I'm sure after the SR3 DLC, the guys haven't bothered with the SR4 DLC... and with the Christmas one, I'm not sure how you would even QL it, but I hope they do play it. As a bit of Saints Row fuckery, it's pretty fun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
And I just finished Enter the Dominatrix... the ending song was probably the best surprise I've had all year. SR really needs to win some kind of music award.

They were ok in the Radio Dave videos. I kinda miss those, they were neat. It was cool to hear them talk technical about the site and stuff like that.

Truant

Does anyone have a gif or video of the segments where they couldn't fit Vinny on the couch or something, so they had his face on a big TV in the back? That was probably the best thing on GB. Was it live or a recording?

Majine

Banned
Does anyone have a gif or video of the segments where they couldn't fit Vinny on the couch or something, so they had his face on a big TV in the back? That was probably the best thing on GB. Was it live or a recording?

That was their GOTY 2011 coverage.

So, I started by going on qlcrew.com to find a random video, and I decided to look at the stats (Poor Patrick and Alex. No one likes them, and I was somewhat surprised that more people seemingly dislike Patrick than Alex), and I noticed that Sara Lima has a high inclusion in QL videos, but I don't remember her in anything. Turns out it is a Dance Central game (perverts). So, I figured that I'd do a quick "where are they now" with Whiskey Media people, and I guess Sara isn't at Comic Vine anymore. I know she moved (this was evident in the mailbag videos on GB), but I was surprised.

Man, I miss the Whiskey Media days a lot.

Anyway, this has little to do with GB.

So, I started by going on qlcrew.com to find a random video, and I decided to look at the stats (Poor Patrick and Alex. No one likes them, and I was somewhat surprised that more people seemingly dislike Patrick than Alex), and I noticed that Sara Lima has a high inclusion in QL videos, but I don't remember her in anything. Turns out it is a Dance Central game (perverts). So, I figured that I'd do a quick "where are they now" with Whiskey Media people, and I guess Sara isn't at Comic Vine anymore. I know she moved (this was evident in the mailbag videos on GB), but I was surprised.

Man, I miss the Whiskey Media days a lot.

Anyway, this has little to do with GB.

I forget which video it is but Sara's last appearance is in an Unprofessional Fridays which ends with everyone drinking tequila and Jeff sharing one of his most WTF moments ever.

Azar

So awesome, he fucking loses it, and even gets Jeff to break character.

I was getting all excited thinking about the upcoming GiantBomb GOTY deliberations and then I thought about Ryan's big sombrero getting shot off to reveal the little sombrero and then I got sad :(.

We still miss you, Mr. Davis.
9240699727_254a3584da_o.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
They're all taking shots (or sips) or whatever of this Tequila and Jeff refuses, noting that "the last time I drank Tequila was with a pregnant girl."

And then Ryan (I think) makes it weirder. It was so bizarre and funny.

Ah shit. i remember that. I think someone (sara?) says that no one was pregnant on the set. And one of the guys says "not yet". Shit was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom