• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I know right, I bought Brothers and played through it last week and I don't get what any of them saw in it. The actual game part isn't that good and the ending is completely predictable and didn't have any emotional impact on me at all.
I find it especially baffling how
use right trigger to get past obstacles only the older brother could get past even though he's dead (because I guess the younger brother learnt along the way or is channelling his brother's spirit or whatever)
won best moment or sequence and had such a big impact when they were talking about it on the podcast.

Well, I get that; it's a
mechanics tied to story thing that even I thought was pretty okay.
But Papers Please did it better... but not in a 'moment', I guess :T

Anyway, now that I've finished Brothers I guess I can go back and listen to that part of the cast.

Kerned

Banned
I know right, I bought Brothers and played through it last week and I don't get what any of them saw in it. The actual game part isn't that good and the ending is completely predictable and didn't have any emotional impact on me at all.
use right trigger to get past obstacles only the older brother could get past even though he's dead (because I guess the younger brother learnt along the way or is channelling his brother's spirit or whatever)
won best moment or sequence and had such a big impact when they were talking about it on the podcast.

To each his own of course, but I found that moment very powerful, both in terms of the narrative and in how it's such a great example of storytelling told through gameplay mechanics. I thought the game as a whole was excellent.

Curufinwe

I have run out of podcasts to listen to while I get ready for work so I put on a couple of early ER videos this morning. The highlights were Jeff stating that "soccer is for scumbags" and both Jeff and Vinny talking about how the black outline of Andra looked like a sexy owl lady. They had a different reaction when they were high enough level to see what he actually looked like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0LT4Wu5KUA

popo

Personal guess is January 6.

A fair guess, someone will be in on the 6th - CBSi essentially shuts down for 2 working weeks.

The only wrinkle is holidays. Jeff must have about a month of holiday time banked (I can't remember him being off since this time last year) and if company policy is "use it or lose it" ...

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone in the office today?
edit
oh shit i had no idea it was 8am

Patryn

Anyone in the office today?
edit
oh shit i had no idea it was 8am
Regardless, the answer is no. They've all said that they won't be back until 2014, so Thursday at the absolute earliest. But, again, I predict they won't be back until next Monday.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Regardless, the answer is no. They've all said that they won't be back until 2014, so Thursday at the absolute earliest. But, again, I predict they won't be back until next Monday.

Oh, I didn't get the memo. I knew the morning show was off since Alyx is on vacation.
Boo. Maybe I'll watch some Gameroom QLs.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah it's crazy that Brad bought a couple Early Access games a few days after saying all early access games are terrible and the concept has no merit at all

oh wait no he didn't say that

popo

I feel like I saw someone mention that there would be one around the first of the year, so hopefully soon. Mine is about to run out as well.

Did they do a membership sale this year? Just noticed that my sub is about to expire and I hadn't seen one.

Rorie said they would try and have a sale in the new year. Sounds like the engineers have to rebuild the framework back in to the re site design.

If it is your own account then there are those PAX codes though that ppl posted, they still work as of a week ago. Rorie has to add those manually though so no point in buying before next week.

Well they're still gonna do a cast tomorrow... It is going to be Tuesday after all...

Jeff said they had something. Don't know if he is skyping from home or has something recorded.

Yeah it's crazy that Brad bought a couple Early Access games a few days after saying all early access games are terrible and the concept has no merit at all

You are right, he didn't. He was sticking up for consumers. Unlike kickstarter it can be confusing just what you are buying in to. Even then he realised that he just wanted Steam to filter that stuff better.

FStop7

Banned

lol calm down

he bought rust, a game they specifically called out on the podcast as an egregious example of what they were unhappy about

Serra

Now you know how I look at TLoU. I just don't see it.

Spwn

Did they do a membership sale this year? Just noticed that my sub is about to expire and I hadn't seen one.

PSA: The PAX promotion codes that were around the GB forums still work in their store, as was pointed out to me by a fellow gaffer previously in this thread. Google them. I renewed my subscription during their last live stream with one for $35.

Weird. I thought last years live podcast was actually done on Tuesday, not the day before? Still, I guess this will be live today, and then get uploaded on Tuesday to continue the tradition of every Tuesday there being a new podcast? (Of some kind, even if it 'aired' the day before?)

Xater

Oh yeah I need Rust and Day Z Standalone QL. I actually think they should be done by Vinny and Drew. That Arma 3 QL was just so good.

Zabant

As a game DOTA2 deserves to be on "a" top ten GOTY list.

Seeing as brad is the only one of the entire crew who likes it however means it shouldn't be on the "Giant Bomb" top ten GOTY list, that's exactly what personal lists are for.

This goes for some of the other ideas that were put forth by only one member, but luckily they were shot down.

Curufinwe

As a game DOTA2 deserves to be on "a" top ten GOTY list.

Seeing as brad is the only one of the entire crew who likes it however means it shouldn't be on the "Giant Bomb" top ten GOTY list, that's exactly what personal lists are for.

This goes for some of the other ideas that were put forth by only one member, but luckily they were shot down.

I agree. Has anyone averaged their personal lists using a scoring system?

Dany

Banned
best story, best moment and maybe best character. i do't recall timestamps but infinite was talked plenty in those categories.

Tan

Weird. I thought last years live podcast was actually done on Tuesday, not the day before? Still, I guess this will be live today, and then get uploaded on Tuesday to continue the tradition of every Tuesday there being a new podcast? (Of some kind, even if it 'aired' the day before?)

Was last years on new years eve? It'd seem pretty crazy for them to all be at home doing a podcast on new years eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom