• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
it's one of those games you should go in expecting to lose the first few times until you figure out what's going on

I know, but man, it is actually surprisingly strict on your stat distribution to survive certain point.

"Wait, I'm supposed to raise my dog stat for this? Goddamn it."

Jintor

I know, but man, it is actually surprisingly strict on your stat distribution to survive certain point.

"Wait, I'm supposed to raise my dog stat for this? Goddamn it."

tell me about it. I'm probably gonna have to draw up a flowchart to figure out what I need to raise by when. Thankfully they're not all instant-kill checks.

justjim89

Is Marvel Heroes as good as Jeff touts it as? I've gotten rather stuck and frustrated in Path of Exile, but it is a great game especially for being free. How does Marvel Heroes compare? Enough to get enjoyment out of without putting money in?

inky

Is Marvel Heroes as good as Jeff touts it as? I've gotten rather stuck and frustrated in Path of Exile, but it is a great game especially for being free. How does Marvel Heroes compare? Enough to get enjoyment out of without putting money in?

Sure. The game is updated very often, you can get heroes just by playing and the roster and overall content is growing rapidly.

I think it is a pretty cool game. Just give it a try.

Jintor

If it weren't for Adam Sessler I would have never discovered Giant Bomb. I absoluely adored the web show Feedback on G4. Then it got canceled and I thought life was over :( Then last year Adam appeared on a podcast here after losing his job at G4 and introduced me to the awesome that is Giantbomb.com

Sometimes I wish he would have joined the team but I don't think he would fit the team dynamic. I hope Giantbomb continues to get better. Would like to see some female prespective added to the team someday in the future, even though Patrick fills this role pretty well.

Good luck Giantbomb. Hopefully 2014 is a better year for you guys.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/special-thanks-to-adam-sessler-1466481/#27

pffftt

hamchan

If Path of Exile is on the super complex side of the scale then Marvel Heroes would be on the complete opposite end. It's a very easy game, you won't find yourself having trouble at any point in the game. There aren't that many abilities per hero but that's made up by the large number of heroes available to play.

I play it as a casual ARPG, just going in and blasting fools with a variety of super powers.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
That gif is just perfect.

UICxgx0.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Earliest bombcast ever? Madness (I know it was live too) o_O

LordCanti

Jeff let the words "That was a bad game too" out in reference to Ico. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Thanks for the vidcast guys.

K.Sabot

Novoitus

Banned
listening to their new podcast/last podcast of the year thing. when they're all saying "xbox on" they don't turn on jeff's xbox, but they fucking turn on mine.

anyone else have this happen to them? lolol

Aaron

Lara Croft in the new Tomb Raider is a sociopath and mass murderer. Even Agent 47 would say that lady has issues. Real good game though if you ignore the story and characters.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Giant Bomb is on blast you guys

This is what you get for not giving Tomb Raider props.

That's a terrible position to take. Tomb Raider was written by a woman, so you should like it! Never mind how Lara Croft is still mostly an amoral blank slate that the developers torture over and over with those shitty QTEs that result in instant deaths if you fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom