• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

I adore the Splinter Cell series and felt the recent games lost a lot of the original values and destroyed a lot of the gameplay I loved. But I'm level headed enough to understand why Ubisoft wanted/needed to try something different. The people I referred to deserve to be berated because that backlash was a gross reflection on the gaming community.

Dehumanizing tactics as well. My, my.

Tucah

you speak so well
"If they spend any more time talking about Drive Club it'll be embarrassing"

extensive drive club segment starts

Serra

I adore the Splinter Cell series and felt the recent games lost a lot of the original values and destroyed a lot of the gameplay I loved. But I'm level headed enough to understand why Ubisoft wanted/needed to try something different. The people I referred to deserve to be berated because that backlash was a gross reflection on the gaming community.

You serious with this shit?

So when a developer ruins a beloved franchise they should be applauded ?

Fox318

DRIVECLUB
It's coming out, I guess

image.php

Zaph

You serious with this shit?

So when a developer ruins a beloved franchise they should be applauded ?
No where in my post did I say that. The metacritic illustrates that, regardless of yours or my opinions, neither franchise was "ruined", however we were both deeply unhappy with them.

You can be understanding and reasonable when it comes to change you didn't want without applauding it. However your first sentence leads me to believe that might be something you're not yet completely capable of.

sixghost

No where in my post did I say that. The metacritic illustrates that, regardless of yours or my opinions, neither franchise was "ruined", however we were both deeply unhappy with them.

You can be understanding and reasonable when it comes to change you didn't want without applauding it. However your first sentence leads me to believe that might be something you're not yet completely capable of.

Who gives a fuck about metacritic

Serra

The metacritic illustrates that, regardless of yours or my opinions, neither franchise was "ruined", however we were both deeply unhappy with them.

Metacritic as a judge of quality, oh please.

However your first sentence leads me to believe that might be something you're not yet completely capable of.

Your last sentence leads me to believe that debating without resulting to personal insults is something you're not completely capable of. As you already showed in your reply to demidar.

Lijik

Was it a new game? It sounded kind of like a port with some extra stuff?

Without the vita stuff, they would have to significantly overhaul the game, and the sea port town sections they showed were completely different from the Vita version. It looks different enough to feel like a sequel even if its following the same location/plot beats. I think the term they used was "adaptation"

Myggen

Without the vita stuff, they would have to significantly overhaul the game, and the sea port town sections they showed were completely different from the Vita version. It looks different enough to feel like a sequel even if its following the same location/plot beats. I think the term they used was "adaptation"

You're probably right. I wasn't a fan of how the Vita game played, but loved the world and the look. So I'll pick this up for sure.

Also, stooooooooooooooop it with the DmC talk :(

edit: No more Bloodborne stuff? Boooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom