• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Banned
The irrational dismissal of all things Driveclub for Jeff is kinda par for the course for him! :p

Edit: Also the continued ignorance of GB on things like Ancel still being a part of Ubisoft while contributing to this new studio is pretty amazing.

iNvid02

instead of snowflakes it was raining blue dicks

how can you not like dan
KuGsj.gif

Zaph

The irrational dismissal of all things Driveclub for Jeff is kinda par for the course for him! :p

Edit: Also the continued ignorance of GB on things like Ancel still being a part of Ubisoft while contributing to this new studio is pretty amazing.
I kinda get it though. How long/how many times has it been delayed? Eventually you have to admit its lost all it's press conference steam and just finish/ship it.

Myggen

Yeah, I remember seeing that in the news when it happened (and I think they talked about it on Bombin'? Can't remember). But that was the only real "ignorant" part I could catch on the stream.

so you're saying they don't listen to the morning show either

Patrick doesn't listen to the Bombcast :)

I don't think not knowing that Ancel was also heading up a second team working on an unannounced game is some major oversight. Patrick is the news guy, he'd know that. But what would cause that piece of information to float to the surface for a team of people who only occasionally touch on major news stories?

Myggen

I don't think not knowing that Ancel was also heading up a second team working on an unannounced game is some major oversight. Patrick is the news guy, he'd know that. But what would cause that piece of information to float to the surface for a team of people who only occasionally touch on major news stories?

Well, they do work in the games media and are supposed to keep themselves pretty informed. But for the most part they are, I just think this is one that slipped through the cracks. Apart from Drew and to some extent Vinny, I have never really gotten the impression that any of them are ignorant about gaming news, even though some people of course follow it closer than they do. The Ancel stuff was the only oversight I can remember from this stream.

Now I have to wait until they upload their show right? No Twitch Past Records anymore? :(

There's a link that lets you watch the previous stream on their player before it's uploaded. I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction, I don't have it myself.

Curufinwe

Well, they do work in the games media and are supposed to keep themselves pretty informed. But for the most part they are, I just think this is one that slipped through the cracks. Apart from Drew and to some extent Vinny, I have never really gotten the impression that any of them are ignorant about gaming news, even though some people of course follow it closer than they do.

There was that time on the Bombcast when Vinny asked if you could download PS2 games on a PS3 (more than a year after Sony started selling PS2 Classics), and Jeff replied with a flat no.

Myggen

There was that time on the Bombcast when Vinny asked if you could download PS2 games on a PS3 (more than a year after Sony started selling PS2 Classics), and Jeff replied with a flat no.

Oh yeah, I remember people talking about that comment for a long time :p With how many hours those guys have talked about video games, I'm sure you can find plenty of moments like that. But I wouldn't say they're generally uninormed or anything, some stuff you miss or you talk before you think. Patrick obviously follows the day to day news a lot more closer than the rest though, but that's his job.

Nishastra

Banned
Oh yeah, I remember people talking about that comment for a long time :p With how many hours those guys have talked about video games, I'm sure you can find plenty of moments like that. But I wouldn't say they're generally uninormed or anything, some stuff you miss or you talk before you think. Patrick obviously follows the day to day news a lot more closer than the rest though, but that's his job.
Yet Patrick is the most well-known for taking something he thinks he might have heard somewhere and stating it as fact :p

Gamescom rolls on...

I0CxSnD.png

Luchadeer: undercover!

Any GI fans know what Dan thinks of Persona 4?

"It's alright, but the series went downhill after P2:ES. Yukiko was the best girl by far though!"

"BRAD, NEXT EMAIL! SAVE US!"

"The...next email comes from..."

"NO IT FUCKING ISNT"

Yet Patrick is the most well-known for taking something he thinks he might have heard somewhere and stating it as fact :p

Patrick goes yard on very though researched material, but when he doesn't, things can get real dicey in a real hurry.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
"It's alright, but the series went downhill after P2:ES. Yukiko was the best girl by far though!"

"BRAD, NEXT EMAIL! SAVE US!"

"The...next email comes from..."

"NO IT FUCKING ISNT"

I don't get it. That's factually correct about the series going downhill.

Oh, wait, Sunshine is better than 64 too. Nevermind, carry on!

Chris Watters seems like a nice guy... but i do not think he's a very good host. He comes across as trying too hard.

Edit: Seems there will be "shenanigans" tomorrow on GB. New Mario Party stream perhaps?!

Tucah

you speak so well
Secret shenanigans...hmmmmm

I wouldn't say no to another Mario Party stream but they probably would have just said it outright if that's what it is.

Finished up the last Bombast. Dan's glasses story was ridiculous and to think there are a lot more to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom