• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't suppose anyone has a link to the GB stream, do they? Wanna watch it again but screw waiting for the archive.

I just searched "Giant Bomb managed live stream" on google and the first result was the live stream player with rewind functionality for the latest show. It might work in the future, not sure.

Myggen

I just searched "Giant Bomb managed live stream" on google and the first result was the live stream player with rewind functionality for the latest show. It might work in the future, not sure.

Yup, that link works until the next show, when that link will show that stream. And so on. It's pretty great.

Zabant

0Mr8IDI.png

Ohhhh Jeff....

Even after so many moons and winters have passed, your passion and love burns as bright as the Agi you cast on that very first day we met.

My dear love, I wanted to share
My thoughts, my feelings and
What makes me despair
I want to share with you…

GALACTIC PUNT

kuppy

I don't think they count those as normal QL coverage.
Right, just thought it would be more out of the box and probably live, but yeah, there could be a Quick Look or Unfinished for PT, too.

My hopes are on Mario Party 2 Party or what Dan and Jeff talked about in the Hohokum video.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
If it's wrestling related I'll be disappointed.

Did Jeff seem enthusiastic about the thing or no? If yes, then probably not mario party unfortunately.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
0Mr8IDI.png

Ohhhh Jeff....

Even after so many moons and winters have passed, your passion and love burns as bright as the Agi you cast on that very first day we met.

My dear love, I wanted to share
My thoughts, my feelings and
What makes me despair
I want to share with you…

GALACTIC PUNT

Excuse me, but Yukiko is the one who casts Agi!

Myggen

Kojima > GDT

Pan's Labyrinth is SO GOOD! I have no idea how he'll be at making a game, or if he'll be anything more than just a producer, but Pan's Labyrinth alone is better than anything Kojima has done. I WILL FIGHT YOU if you disagree!

Pan's Labyrinth is SO GOOD! I have no idea how he'll be at making a game, or if he'll be anything more than just a producer, but Pan's Labyrinth alone is better than anything Kojima has done. I WILL FIGHT YOU if you disagree!

Wrote my film theory thesis paper on it last semester, 11-ish pages, I love that movie!

That's a pretty chauvinistic thing to say.

Yes, we know Patrick is a steadfast Mexican nationalist

Zaph

Pan's Labyrinth is absolutely incredible. Really lived up to its "fairytale for adults" billing. Another great in that category is Tarsem's The Fall - narratively it's very different, but it's a visual feast you can easily get lost in and does not receive the recognition it deserves.

BearPawB

Banned
Jeff complains how easy Diablo 3 is...when you can literally pump the difficulty up as high as you want, and get better/more loot for doing so

Myggen

Pan's Labyrinth is absolutely incredible. Really lived up to its "fairytale for adults" billing. Another great in that category is Tarsem's The Fall - narratively it's very different, but it's a visual feast you can easily get lost in and does not receive the recognition it deserves.

Oh yeah, that's a good movie. I also like The Cell (by the same guy), if nothing else because of how crazy it is.

Jeff complains how easy Diablo 3 is...when you can literally pump the difficulty up as high as you want, and get better/more loot for doing so

He says so in the video, that he probably should've done just that from the start (played on Nightmare or whatever the name of the next difficulty is). His complaint was, as I heard it, just a minor complaint about the name of the difficulty being "Hard" when it was in fact easy.

Tucah

you speak so well

Sure, Pan's Labyrinth is incredible, I'll certainly give you that. But I enjoy Kojima's work (or movies lololol) more overall than Del Toro's other stuff.

Of course, I'm half just being silly, it's hard to compare the two (and I'm also a bit biased because I adore the MGS franchise). I can't wait to see how Kojima's craziness translates to Silent Hill, hopefully with the added bonus of GDT's main strength - dark, inventive visuals. Could really be something special if done right.

BearPawB

Banned
He says so in the video, that he probably should've done just that from the start. His complaint was, as I heard it, just a minor complaint about the name of the difficulty being "Hard" when it was in fact easy.

But it isn't like you are locked in. As soon as you say, Hmm i want this to be harder" you can do it.

Myggen

But it isn't like you are locked in. As soon as you say, Hmm i want this to be harder" you can do it.

Yeah, sure. It seems like Jeff just likes to play those games totally mindlessly at a lower difficulty. I'm sure he knows that he can change difficulty at any time (he says "we can always play around with it" in regards to difficulty) and he probably should, but he probably won't.

Sure, Pan's Labyrinth is incredible, I'll certainly give you that. But I enjoy Kojima's work (or movies lololol) more overall than Del Toro's other stuff.

Of course, I'm half just being silly, it's hard to compare the two (and I'm also a bit biased because I adore the MGS franchise). I can't wait to see how Kojima's craziness translates to Silent Hill, hopefully with the added bonus of GDT's main strength - dark, inventive visuals. Could really be something special if done right.

That's fair. Silent Hills is a really cool announcement, but I'm on the fence about it for now. I've never been a huge fan of Kojima or MGS, his particular brand of craziness never did much for me. And even though GDT has had an interest in making a video game before, I'm always sceptical about known movie directors attaching their name to projects like that. He could easily have a more producer-type role. So for now I'm not getting my hopes up, even if I'm at least interested in seeing what Kojima (if he's directing) can do with the franchise. How will his campy MGS style translate to a psychological horror game like this?

I think Sony probably having an exclusive of that is the most interesting part of the whole story so far.

I think he (and other reviewers do this too, doesn't matter the game either) has also forgotten that after all the hours he has played Diablo , it may seem to be really easy. The difficulty setting were probably tested and tweaked for new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom