• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb are bringing back the Endurance Run... and it's Shenmue.

Finally! Giant Bomb does a complete playthrough of a game! There hasn't been an Endurance Run since all the way back to Deadly Premonition! I mean, I suppose if you ignore the Metal Gear Solid games, Castlevania, Bioforge, Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, etc.

Good news on the new Endurance run. Can't wait to see the footage. I feel like Dan complimented Jeff's crazy ideas more than other west staff members and helped Drew with features, but at the same time he did great on gbeast's videos and podcasts, so I'm conflicted.

A lot of that has run its course though. Dan/Drew content carried GB for a long time and they haven't done much recently. Dan has good chemistry with Vinny and Alex so the fit is great out east too.

The Beastcast is almost thereeeee. Got the two best members now but are still saddled with that nasal grinding moron Alex. Ship him out to San Fran so they can wallow in their dead phrases like "inherently" "thats a thing" and "lean into it". Send Jason or O'Dwyer..please.

Looking forward to a bunch of people realizing this game is way more than that "sailors" meme that's like 4-5 minutes of that actual game.

Loxley

This thread is already going places.

Anyway, I'm excited for the ER even though I've never remotely been a Shenmue fan.

Guys let's get back on track, do it for your old pal MassiveNights.

tumblr_ma1u8slaer1rxpb1yo1_400.gif

The Endurance Run is back and I'm about to resub to WoW for the first time in about 7 years. This is as close as it gets to traveling back in time.

(And Dan is going back to Beast. What a Saturday.)

Kaizer

Banned
Always great to see a Giant Bomb thread outside of the Community board lol. Anyways, hype for the Endurance Run!

SlickVic

Wow, I didn't realize people here took the favorite/least favorite Giant Bomb personalities so seriously. It's just a site about video games, folks.

Yeah kind of a bummer reading this thread and seeing so many posts that boil down to 'this GB person sucks'. At least the GB OT over here is a lot more friendly.

I also want to believe this is setting the stage back up for a Vinny and Jeff Persona 5 ER. If Vinny needs to move back to SF at least temporarily to make it happen, so be it.

SexyFish

Banned
Everyone at Giant Bomb is equally great and I'm sure the new hire for West will be too.

Now give me that sweet sweet forklift.

Yeah kind of a bummer reading this thread and seeing so many posts that boil down to 'this GB person sucks'. At least the GB OT over here is a lot more friendly.

I also want to believe this is setting the stage back up for a Vinny and Jeff Persona 5 ER. If Vinny needs to move back to SF at least temporarily to make it happen, so be it.

Vinny has two kids and a wife. Makes perfect sense he would move across the country to play a video game.

Wow, I didn't realize people here took the favorite/least favorite Giant Bomb personalities so seriously. It's just a site about video games, folks.
I hate how much it bums me out especially with how personal it gets when it often just boils down to 'this person doesn't line up with me 100% so they suck and I need to pronounce that at every opportunity!'

The crap Klepek got when he was there made me just detach from that community for awhile.

Anyways, probably not the place. Shenmue ER!

cordy

Banned
Can we update the title and include "Dan going to GBEast" or something? Almost made the thread by accident lol.

Hope we get a season 2 of Project B.E.A.S.T. Dan having questions about basically every principal of astrophysics would be too good to miss.

Top Bottom