• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb are bringing back the Endurance Run... and it's Shenmue.

oh there is, i love the crew even w/o austin.

but before gbe i tried to get into gb from this forum. i listened to a bunch of old "best of" episodes and nothing did anything for me, and i seem to remember dan being the stephen smith of the crew. i have 0 interest in hearing him as the replacemrnt voice for austin, and the Trump / GamerGate esque posts in this thread really only solidify my stance on it.

Did you listen to any of the Beastcasts with Ryckert on them, or watch any of the videos they've done in the past month? I'd maybe do some of that in lieu of listening to us shitheads to get a good indication of what it'll be like with Dan over there.

giant bomb died for me today.
what i loved about it was hearing jeff and brad interact with dan, that's why i watched and listened. i don't like the east guys, alex is the worst.

that's just my opinion though, i'm sure others like this movie but personally i'm out as a regular. good times thanks for all the fish.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

but before gbe i tried to get into gb from this forum. i listened to a bunch of old "best of" episodes and nothing did anything for me, and i seem to remember dan being the stephen smith of the crew. i have 0 interest in hearing him as the replacemrnt voice for austin, and the Trump / GamerGate esque posts in this thread really only solidify my stance on it.
You mean the one post where some idiot called you Anita and was then called out by multiple other people?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
what i loved about it was hearing jeff and vinny interact with dan, that's why i watched and listened. i don't like the east guys, alex is the worst.

that's just my opinion though, i'm sure others like this movie but personally i'm out as a regular. good times thanks for all the fish.

Vinny is in NY, though.

what i loved about it was hearing jeff and vinny interact with dan, that's why i watched and listened. i don't like the east guys, alex is the worst.

But... you're about to get way more of Vinny interacting with Dan? Which is why you watched and listened?

Dan literally had a life 'advice' podcast that had trans and gay people on it. I'm gonna go out on a limb and contend you don't really know anything about the man if you're associating him with the stuff in your post. It couldn't be further from the truth. You seem to have preemptively made up your mind though.

Given the fact that it's a personality based website it sort of makes sense, but it's still lame. Especially when it devolves to personal attacks and insults flung against them.
It almost always comes down to someone agreeing or not agreeing with their opinions on things. I just think that's a shitty way to enjoy someone is if you agree with them. There seems to be little room in video games for opinions that aren't 1:1 with your own. Variety is the spice of life.

One of the reasons I'm most excited about Dan moving to east is so he can get away from being GB's low-rent Karl Pilkington when he brings so much more to the table and too rarely gets to show that.

cordy

Banned
Tbh, what I like about the entire GiantBomb crew is that they're all different. When I first started listening to the Giant Bombcast (a year and a half ago) I really enjoyed everyone who was involved and even though some left, others came in, it all worked out. I was even thinking "nah, I don't wanna listen to the East Coast guys" in the beginning but once I started listening I was fine with them. The East Coast crew's more laidback and more "hanging with friends in your apartment in New York on a day off" type of thing while the West Coast guys are more of a "ok you're working but it's a slow day so let's talk with homies on the clock" type of thing. Both are great and I love them equally.

Either way, Dan's going to be great there. All fun.

Man, kinda sad about Dan moving to the east coast. Say what you want about him, but I'd say like, most of GB's best content came from him (MGS, DD, MPP, Hitman), and with him gone I'd imagine it'd be slowing down, if not stopping completely. I'm sure some good stuff will come from the East coast now, but there just being three people kind of limits them, I think.

Hagi

I've been pretty bored with the site as of late and contemplating cancelling my sub but with Dan moving East we should get some pretty great content out of that side which is music to my ears. Hopefully the new hire for West can bring some life to the group because as much as I love them all the wheels have been spinning for a while.

Tbh, what I like about the entire GiantBomb crew is that they're all different. When I first started listening to the Giant Bombcast (a year and a half ago) I really enjoyed everyone who was involved and even though some left, others came in, it all worked out. I was even thinking "nah, I don't wanna listen to the East Coast guys" in the beginning but once I started listening I was fine with them. The East Coast crew's more laidback and more "hanging with friends in your apartment in New York on a day off" type of thing while the West Coast guys are more of a "ok you're working but it's a slow day so let's talk with homies on the clock" type of thing. Both are great and I love them equally.

Either way, Dan's going to be great there. All fun.
Yeah! I always thought the tonal difference between East and West was intentional and them putting out the podcast on Friday was intentional for that reason.
Man, kinda sad about Dan moving to the east coast. Say what you want about him, but I'd say like, most of GB's best content came from him (MGS, DD, MPP, Hitman), and with him gone I'd imagine it'd be slowing down, if not stopping completely. I'm sure some good stuff will come from the East coast now, but there just being three people kind of limits them, I think.
They're hiring someone new out there.

Zafir

Awesome.

Will be looking forward to seeing this.

I wonder what they'll do in the massive amount of down time though. xD

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Austin left and Dan steps in?

what a waste of my premium money - replacing Austin with yet another white "edgy" internet dude.

Dan on the beastcast> austin on the beastcast

Bakkalar doesn't know what to make of him and Vinny loves egging him on. It's great.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member

I must be really out of date. Who is the 3rd person in sanfran? There's dan, jeff, brad... and?

Giantbomb is hands down THE best videogame website and podcast. God damn those guys know how to entertain an audience, can't wait to watch this.

Tagyhag

To be honest, I thought Dan meshed better with West, but I completely understand why he's moving to the East and I hope everything works out for them. I really hope the new hire keeps West on their toes the way Dan did.

Man people don't like Alex? Feels bad, I wanted more Alex tbh

He's a bit too self-depicrating for my taste but people can sometimes be too mean when they give out their opinion on GB dudes.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Even in the short amount of time Dan was on the east coast they had the summer games stream, the game making session, recorded an entire endurance run and did their regular QLs and podcast. Dude's great.

Edit: Oh and those wrestling interviews

Strimei

Kinda sad that Dan's going east, though I'm not surprised and he is a great addition to the crew over there. I'll just miss him with Jeff and co.

While I'm excited at the prospect of a new ER and quite surprised (though find it fitting) at Dan becoming permanent GBE crew, some of the responses, including ones in this thread just make me depressed if I'm being honest.

Tripon

What does this mean for Mario Party? Is that now a GBEast thing? Does Jeff and Brad now don't have to suffer though Mario Party?

What does this mean for Mario Party? Is that now a GBEast thing? Does Jeff and Brad now don't have to suffer though Mario Party?

Dan has mentioned since he's making the move in the Winter, he will try to cram all of them before he leaves, so we might see one a month at this rate soon :eek:, which will eventually lead to a Mario Party 10 QL at GBEast #Believe

Top Bottom