• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb are bringing back the Endurance Run... and it's Shenmue.

NIN90

Dan was starting to become increasingly annoying in West to be frank but I think he's really great in East for some reason. Maybe because he gels so well with Vinny.

Hagi

Wonder how this is going to effect Pax wrestling. Dan and Alex working in the same office, enemy at the gate GB style.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'll miss the Dan and Drew dynamic. I was still holding out hope that they would play through Revengeance.

Lothars

I think that will be a good change, I love Dan and he seems to be doing a great job the last month or so in the East plus Dan and Vinny seems to be a winning combination. Alex is hard to take sometimes and I am not really a fan but he definitely is a good fit for the crew.

I am very curious who the new hire will be.

Edgeward

Yeeeaaaaa, baby. Never got to play the original despite loving 2 on xbox. Looking forward to seeing this one the whole way through

BTA

This is great but... I haven't played Shenmue yet, and I keep meaning to, so I probably won't be watching this anytime soon.

I was initially worried Dan moving to NYC would dominate Beast, but those podcasts with him were great and he fit in just fine without overpowering it. I sorta would rather see new blood go to Beast rather than the more established West, but life happens and I'm looking forward to someone new either way.

Everybody's good so stop being weird about real people. I get how Dan can grate on people at times, and that's a fair thing to criticize especially given how his hiring was handled, but he's reaaaaally not that bad compared to pretty much anywhere else on the Internet given that he's pretty self-aware and knows what not to joke about.

Skatterd

Man some of these replies..
Let me just say that every member of Giant Bomb,is a fucking delight and both podcasts are bright spots of my week. This endurance run will be great and Dan moving to NY will produce interesting content.

Diancecht

Austin left and Dan steps in?

what a waste of my premium money - replacing Austin with yet another white "edgy" internet dude.

giphy.gif

GBeast superiority continues. Dan + Vinny is a great team.

Wonder what UPF is going to be like in the future with no Dan and a dwindling number of Gamespot people to drag in as guests. Maybe they can just hand over that show to the east coast too and GBwest can take the old east coast slot of "sometimes we will do a friday show... I dunno"

Sou Da

To be honest, I thought Dan meshed better with West, but I completely understand why he's moving to the East and I hope everything works out for them. I really hope the new hire keeps West on their toes the way Dan did.

He's a bit too self-depicrating for my taste but people can sometimes be too mean when they give out their opinion on GB dudes.

Huh. I honestly never noticed, he always sounds down but I've actually never found the stuff he says to be all that cynical or anything.

Oh fuck, what's going to happen to Demo Derby?

The same thing that happens when a fish goes without water for too long.

Don't worry, though, I'd have to imagine that with Dan on the East, they'll come up with some great shit that'll make us forget all about Demo Derby.

Sou Da

Well, Jeff said they will be getting a new SF hire.
And even UPFs with just Jeff, Brad, Jason/Drew, and the occasional Rorie would be great IMO. I don't think those'll stop anytime soon.
UPFs with Dan as a MacBook on a segway. You can thank me later.

BTA

oof, i'll take the L on this one. really don't want to insult Dan, GB or related crew. he must've softened his tone since the days of old GB.

i'll also apologize on behalf of the lingering, now-ignore-listed TrumpCrew we have here, too.

Sorry that you seem to be getting hit hard for that. I wouldn't necessarily agree with the crit (as someone who really hates when people try to be "edgy", it's not something I'd describe him with as he seems to be a pretty good person, if bumbling and ignorant about some aspects of life at times), but I see where you were coming from and compared to some of the stuff in this thread it wasn't exactly rude.

Like... weird how one comment about Dan gets jumped on but it's perfectly ok to be extremely rude about Alex.

Rainmaker

Banned
Man some of these replies..
Let me just say that every member of Giant Bomb,is a fucking delight and both podcasts are bright spots of my week. This endurance run will be great and Dan moving to NY will produce interesting content.

Couldn't agree more

I guess I'm not going to bed now.

Also, the word edgy needs to be banned on the internet.

Edit: At first the thought of Dan leaving west was sad, but I thought he was great with Vinny, Alex and Jeff. I'm all for it. West really need someone quick though, somebody that teams up with Jeff and his sense of humor.

Natiko

Banned
ALL OF THIS NEWS IS INSANE AND MUSIC TO MY EARS.

So long as Mario Party Partys still happen once a year or so.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Sorry that you seem to be getting hit hard for that. I wouldn't necessarily agree with the crit (as someone who really hates when people try to be "edgy", it's not something I'd describe him with as he seems to be a pretty good person, if bumbling and ignorant about some aspects of life at times), but I see where you were coming from and compared to some of the stuff in this thread it wasn't exactly rude.

Like... weird how one comment about Dan gets jumped on but it's perfectly ok to be extremely rude about Alex.

i don't get why anyone wouldn't like Alex. he's got a charming sincerity that really comes through on the podcast. his perspective is effective and compelling.

and a lot of it was because i brought up the general idea of replacing a black guy with a white guy...

Nishastra

Banned
I really really really really hope they figure out what the R button does soon.

Watching them bumble about the house and decide that they couldn't interact with anything was... painful :p

and a lot of it was because i brought up the general idea of replacing a black guy with a white guy...

I'd say it's more how you went about it. Not to excuse the shittiness that followed your post, of course, but calling Dan an "edgy white guy" was a kind of a dick move and a little ignorant. But whatever, you owned up to it, so it's all good.

that anita comment probably was sore about the racial aspect, but fuck that dude

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'd say it's more how you went about it. Not to excuse the shittiness that followed your post, of course, but calling Dan an "edgy white guy" was a kind of a dick move and a little ignorant. But whatever, you owned up to it, so it's all good.

that anita comment probably was sore about the racial aspect, but fuck that dude

you're not wrong - people getting heated at the dumb, incendiary nature of my first post is to be expected and no fault of their own.

pretty sure you're spot on w/ #2 though

Top Bottom