• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listening to the podcast now and i hope they follow through with some of the potential content ideas they mentioned or joked about. Like a drew and Brad ocarina playthrough, and/or a brad playthrough of zelda 2. Also a Jason megadrive stream.
As someone who feels like they should love Monster Hunter but has been unable to get into it I would love some videos of Jason teaching Dan how to play Monster Hunter.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I hope GBeast finally gets going. They were talking about a Vinny Grim Fandango QL in the podcast on monday, I wonder what's taking so long.

Myggen

I hope GBeast finally gets going. They were talking about a Vinny Grim Fandango QL in the podcast on monday, I wonder what's taking so long.

Going by Brad's tweet, it seems like Vinny's with him on the Dying Light co-op QL, so it's probably close to be up and running.

So you're saying that Patrick should be Lyric?

20120305214205!Fang_the_sniper.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Can't fucking wait honestly.

The 2013 reveal stream was legitly one of my favourite livestream experiences. Right up there with konami e3 2010.

Patryn

I thought they didn't have ads on their YouTube videos and this is why being able to choose YouTube versions of videos on the Giant Bomb site was a premium feature. I checked and the former has changed but the latter hasn't. This is just an observation and not a criticism.

(also I'm a premium member who hasn't watched the youtube versions in ages, video buddy for the win)

They may be being cautious about getting hit with an errant Content ID violation, because didn't their account get a couple strikes back from the Whiskey days, which is why Patrick was always forced to stream Bombin' from his own personal account and not the GB account?

Myggen

I thought they didn't have ads on their YouTube videos and this is why being able to choose YouTube versions of videos on the Giant Bomb site was a premium feature. I checked and the former has changed but the latter hasn't. This is just an observation and not a criticism.

(also I'm a premium member who hasn't watched the youtube versions in ages, video buddy for the win)

Popo explained it better than I can:

Their stuff does have ads on youtube if viewed directly through YT. Youtube decide when to add adverts - being registered in the partner program just means whether you share in the revenues or not.

I think where the confusion comes is that embedded YT can't show adverts - this is why embedded YT is a premium option on the site and nor available to everyone. If you are a free member they want you to either watch through their player or go to youtube direct.

I checked out their YT channel, and I'm getting ads clicking on the Dying Light QL among others.

Zaph

Whoa, what? Haven't even heard of this game until now. Sold.

Twin Peaks is becoming gaming's new "Lovecraftian". Haphazardly include a few of the more well known oddities, while not having a compatible tone.

I wouldn't get your hopes up based on that alone.

Dizzy-4U

Twin Peaks is becoming gaming's new "Lovecraftian". Haphazardly include a few of the more well known oddities, while not having a compatible tone.

I wouldn't get your hopes up based on that alone.
I'll keep that in mind.

By the way, Alan Wake, Deadly Premonition and Kentucky Route Zero. Are there any others I'm missing?

Tonight I'm going to enjoy some homemade kebab, beer and Mario Party Party 3. Fridays are great.
I'll keep that in mind.

By the way, Alan Wake, Deadly Premonition and Kentucky Route Zero. Are there any others I'm missing?

Yeah but which one of those is the Citizen Kane of Twin Peaksian video games?

I feel like Atlus sat down with Kojima and asked him what the best method is for torturing their fanbase with years of teasing before actually releasing a thing.

Liamc723

I just finished the first episode of Life Is Strange and I loved every minute of it! If the upcoming Quick Look grabs your interest, I seriously recommend you try it.

I just finished the first episode of Life Is Strange and I loved every minute of it! If the upcoming Quick Look grabs your interest, I seriously recommend you try it.

Yup i bought it the minute it went up on PSN

Good thing they have a demo so people can try it out!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The sad thing is, Telltale has taught me to wait a month to buy the season pass for 50-75% off.

FluxWaveZ

I'm very interested in this game but, after my experience with Telltale games, I'm going to wait until several episodes are released for it before diving in.

you could always just wait till near the end of the series to pick it up for ~$5, like i do with every telltale season i'm interested in. No point in blowing your cash on the full price unless youre feeling generous and enjoy gaps between episodes that will leave you forgetting what the hell happened the last time you played a game from that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom