• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Weird. I just randomly posted in this thread (yesterday or the day before) about how I miss Ryan. Happened after binge listening to the GOTY podcasts. No offense to Brad, you are a fine host sir, but Ryan was a pro. Well, no reason to only be sad. How about we all share one favorite Ryan moment.

I don't think Brad would take offence to that, Ryan's hosting skills were unparalleled. He could literally engage on any topic, even if he wasn't a fan of it. Not an exaggeration to say in another universe he could have his own late night show.

inky

I don't think Brad would take offence to that, Ryan's hosting skills were unparalleled. He could literally engage on any topic, even if he wasn't a fan of it. Not an exaggeration to say in another universe he could have his own late night show.

Well, I didn't want it to feel like I don't appreciate Brad's job in the bombcast. I actually enjoy that he is more engaged with conversations whereas before he disappeared a lot until he had to say "emails" out loud.

You are right about Ryan. The guy was a natural host.

tumblr_niy8crzabt1qzopezo1_400.gif
...I need to finish the rest of Mario Party Pary 3.

Nothing but premium content on the upcoming schedule (though that PlayStation Home stream doesn't really count since it's not until March 31st) . So glad I have a premium subscription!

daydream

Banned
Honestly, I would say Dan is Sonic. Vector's just looking for a paycheck, and he's musical in a way that Dan never seems to be, so I would say Sonic's "just keep moving forward" attitude fits better.

Jeff is Vector. They both run their own business with differing levels of professionalism, they're both musical, etc etc.

Jeff = Vector
Drew = Tails
Dan = Sonic
Brad = Big the Cat
Jason = Espio
Vinny = Ray the Squirrel
Alex = Mighty the Armadillo

you obviously missed the preceding chaotix discourse

ain't no sonic in 32x world

Myggen

Welp they are furter than I am in the story.... Guess I'm waiting before watching that quicklook.

They're not doing any story stuff because of how far Brad is in the game, just side activities and fucking around in the world/getting killed a lot.

I need to buy this game by the way, looks really fun even if I'm so sick of zombies and the brown and grey look of the game. I'm a sucker for fast movement in games.

Nothing but premium content on the upcoming schedule (though that PlayStation Home stream doesn't really count since it's not until March 31st) . So glad I have a premium subscription!

Danswers episode 1 on Monday too. Over 90 minutes long according to Danny on his Tumblr.

SmithnCo

Yeah, excited for more demo derby finally.

PS Home will probably be hilarious when the time comes, I predict a lot of ghost people and downloading areas.

Megasoum

Banned
Brad's said they aren't going to advance the story at all, no spoilers so far. (20 min in)

They're not doing any story stuff because of how far Brad is in the game, just side activities and fucking around in the world/getting killed a lot.

I need to buy this game by the way, looks really fun even if I'm so sick of zombies and the brown and grey look of the game. I'm a sucker for fast movement in games.

All right cool thanks guys, I'll watch it at work this afternoon then.

The first 5 minutes of the Dying Light Co-op QL perfectly sums up the difference between Brad and Vinny's play style, Brad hasn't move more than 10 feet from the compound they start in and Vinny has ran away about 3 times already wanting to do a mission lol.

shwimpy

Brad: YOU SET HIM OFF! YOU SET HIM OFF!
Vinny: Set him off? I'm on the other side of him.
Brad: Okay, maybe I set him off...

Oh, this QL...

Myggen

Half way in and I'm fucking dying here (because of a particular moment). Jesus Christ, Vinny!

Yeah, add that to the "best moments of Giant Bomb" list, haha.

Brad: YOU SET HIM OFF! YOU SET HIM OFF!
Vinny: Set him off? I'm on the other side of him.
Brad: Okay, maybe I set him off...

Oh, this QL...

It gets much better, and to be fair to Brad I didn't think it was him who set off that zombie either when it went after him.

That's weird, is there a reason why it's delayed?

They were pointing fingers at WB games but this was like a week before the game came out.

"I'm gonna put you in a box, Bento." Man, Vinny and Drew have so many great lines that seem to go unnoticed by the rest of the crew.

The whole Bandit fight was crazy good

Chris Redfield is in Dying Light?

EDIT: damn double post

Yes!

People thought it was Troy Baker at first but it is indeed Chris Redfield

Dying Light looks incredible! I didn't know how much I missed Vinny's childlike enthusiasm for games. And his borderline sociopathy.

Brad QLs grate on me sometimes because that guy just does not pay attention to the HUD of any game he plays. It reminds me of watching my little brother play Nintendo games when we were kids. PLAY IT MY WAY, GRRR!

I just don't have time for all these open world AAA games. I'll finish Far Cry 4, but some of this stuff is just nuts. I only have time for like an hour of gaming a night and maybe 8 hours on the weekends.

I just don't have time for all these open world AAA games. I'll finish Far Cry 4, but some of this stuff is just nuts. I only have time for like an hour of gaming a night and maybe 8 hours on the weekends.

I just find myself dabbling occasionally in the side stuff until i find it tedious and then i just zip through the campaign. This method proved to be really annoying when i played Watch dogs as the side missions were a complete bore and the main campaign was 10 hours too long.

it at least made the first few hours of saints row IV fun, though, getting them fake orbs.

Bacon

I feel you. I used to be all about open worlds but at this point in my life I'm looking for the more tight focused games that I can get through in 10-20 hours tops.

I'll take a tight linear 10 hour game over most open world collectable-fests any day. I played FC3, don't really care about FC4 at all.

A minimap full of symbols is starting to become a warning sign.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'll take a tight linear 10 hour game over most open world collectable-fests any day. I played FC3, don't really care about FC4 at all.

A minimap full of symbols is starting to become a warning sign.

Same. I hate the move of everything to open world, which just basically means the story is going to suck and the game filled with busywork. They're usually a chore, with very few able to craft a fun game around the open world.

Myggen

Wow, Brad doesn't know Roger Craig Smith.

ffs

I wouldn't say that the guy is that prolific. He's Chris Redfield and Ezio, and Batman in the Batman game nobody cares about. I hadn't heard the name before now tbh.

edit: Oh, and Sonic from 2010-present. What a gig that must be! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom