• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMoth

Hmm not heard of salt and sanctuary before but it's very much on my radar now. Really nice looking game
edit: oh wow it's just those 2 making it? Man that's impressive

I guess I'll be dryheaving and crying from laughter soon!

Nope. he came on after John and Mark left (they more or less never go over 5 people when there's guests). Brad edited it so that it would sound like Dan had been there the whole time with Dan's "see you guys" (or whatever Dan said) and no acknowledgement of the fact that Dan just came on the podcast.

Too many questions about MGS and CalorieMate if he'd been there.

squadr0n

Did I miss the Giant Bomb panel at Pax? There's a spot for I to their website but I'm on my phone atm and can't tell if it already started, is about too, or already ended.

KingKong

Looking at past friends of Giant Bomb, it seems the further away from video gaming they are, the better the guest.

I wonder what that says about us?

yeah, I mean they get off topic an OK amount on the bombcast (and those are pretty much always the best segments) but I feel like I'd much rather listen to crazy stories and jokes than videogame news and emails

Brashnir

Looking at past friends of Giant Bomb, it seems the further away from video gaming they are, the better the guest.

I wonder what that says about us?

I'm not sure that's true. Brad Muir, Dave Lang, John Drake, and Rami Ismail are all great guests, and they work directly in the industry.

But yeah, the Karen Sniders, Paul Ryckerts, and other non-game people often work out well, too. Some people just have great chemistry with the crew, and GB is more about chemistry and people than it is about games.

GolazoDan

Speaking of Giant Bomb guests, I'm listening to some old Bombcasts where they talked to developers, I guess around GDC time. Guys from Grin (right around the time they released the Wanted game, right before Terminator Salvation and their closure, oops) and some dude from Treyarch talking about World At War map packs. Those was some sales pitches alright.

They seemed to go out on assignment a lot more back in the day. But maybe devs are doing less of those "FLY EVERYONE TO A COUNTRY" events these days.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Speaking of Dan's grandpa, his twitter is...interesting?
https://twitter.com/JoeRyckert

l3I9lNY.png

I don't know. Maybe he thinks he's texting someone.

LiK

Dang, watching ep 61 of P4 ER and it's pretty awesome how they keep going during the blackouts. Made the battles more epic with the b/w and audio filter lol

yeah, I mean they get off topic an OK amount on the bombcast (and those are pretty much always the best segments) but I feel like I'd much rather listen to crazy stories and jokes than videogame news and emails

Hearing Jeff's discussions about the gaming industry is probably one of my favorite part of the podcasts.

Second only to Dan's ridiculous stories.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Show's taking it's sweet ass time starting ;P

Rykert's Family Podcasts are a great series (mostly because they're the kind of talks I had with my Dad, before his death). Bits of quasi-nostalgia in it.

Still miss Vinny on the podcast (and in general), though. Sure, he's doing quicklooks with Alex, but none of them have been games I'm at all interested in looking at. They really need to start up a live video release, or perhaps some recorded remotes in the city. A podcast and a third member would be nice.

Hoping for some good ole Jeff/Vinny hijinks at PAX, or maybe, finally, the Vinny/Dan pairing that's been way too long in the making.

TraBuch

Banned
Show's taking it's sweet ass time starting ;P

Rykert's Family Podcasts are a great series (mostly because they're the kind of talks I had with my Dad, before his death). Bits of quasi-nostalgia in it.

Still miss Vinny on the podcast (and in general), though. Sure, he's doing quicklooks with Alex, but none of them have been games I'm at all interested in looking at. They really need to start up a live video release, or perhaps some recorded remotes in the city. A podcast and a third member would be nice.

Hoping for some good ole Jeff/Vinny hijinks at PAX, or maybe, finally, the Vinny/Dan pairing that's been way too long in the making.
Are you not watching the QLs of games you aren't interested in? Because if you're not, you're really missing out.

Myggen

Should we archive something on YT that they'll upload on the site next week? Or is it just in the meantime until they upload the archive on the site? Uploading it on YT, even for a few days, will surely take away views from the site at least, if that matters.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Should we archive something on YT that they'll upload on the site next week? Or is it just in the meantime until they upload the archive on the site? Uploading it on YT, even for a few days, will surely take away views from the site at least, if that matters.

Well it will be a different view from the main site, assuming Drew is filming it separately. It can always be taken down.

It will be archived on Twitch, as they archive all streams. No need.

Twitch VOD player is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom