• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintyice

People really need to stop saying that GB skipped GDC... There's nothing to cover for them at GDC... All they do normally is a nightly stream which wouldn't happend because all the devs left town early for PAX.

So it's the devs that skipped town, not GB that didn't do their job.

yeah now we get an industry circlejerk and fake fake wrestling

PBalfredo

Thing is, I can't get behind rooting for a face The Wolf because I know he just walks over everyone in a shoot match. I want someone to be able to beat him to keep things dynamic. Otherwise he keeps the belt forever.

What were some of the awful questions?

Someone started talking about Ryan
Someone started talking about ethics in game journalism
Someone basically just walked up to the mic, got laughed at by the crowd, then asked 4 times how he could avoid looking like an asshole
Someone suggested they hire Kara Ellison then said they were being sarcastic

Cranzor

What were some of the awful questions?

"How do I not look like an asshole?"
"I don't have a question."
"How do I get into games journalism? Do you think ethics in journalism is a good thing?"

Those are only a few. The presentation of the questions was worse than the questions themselves though.

I'm actually usually pretty okay with the Q&A segments of these panels, but it was so terrible this time. Way more than ever before, I think.

MG310

Someone started talking about Ryan
Someone started talking about ethics in game journalism
Someone basically just walked up to the mic, got laughed at by the crowd, then asked 4 times how he could avoid looking like an asshole
Someone suggested they hire Kara Ellison then said they were being sarcastic

I think he was being sarcastic about the Free to Play Rock Band thing not the Cara thing.

Phatmac

That panel was really bad. It's even clear that these guys don't even have any interesting opinions on the games that were at pax and most of the conversation was bad. Dan's quiz show was good but went on for too long. Also I'm tired of the wrestling stuff. Nothing will beat the black dragon. Let's try to forget that mess of a Q&A.

I think he was being sarcastic about the Free to Play Rock Band thing not the Cara thing.

To be fair everyone was stupidly hard to hear in the q&a.

They should just have Rorie take some questions from people in line and the guys can pick a few they like

But I do kind of enjoy the cringe and answer session.

Majine

Banned
Giant Bomb shows should be isolated to the Giant Bomb crew and its extended family. Whenever you bring in fans, it gets weird and tragic.

That panel was really bad. It's even clear that these guys don't even have any interesting opinions on the games that were at pax and most of the conversation was bad. Dan's quiz show was good but went on for too long. Also I'm tired of the wrestling stuff. Nothing will beat the black dragon. Let's try to forget that mess of a Q&A.

Hey thanks for visiting the giant bomb GAF thread glad to hear your opinions

Jesus Christ. I miss the guy too but that was almost 2 years ago. Life goes on. What's the point of revisiting that?

Maybe you should seek out what was said instead of flying off the handle. He just commended the guys on doing a great job in the face of everything that's happened.

Also the guy didn't get laughed at by the crowd, he said something that was actually funny. However I imagine he was super anxious so he assumed people were laughing at him and that made him lose his train of thought.

To be honest I think a lot of the things people call cringe-worthy here simply come down to the anxiety of the person who asks the question.

that seemed like a colossal misunderstanding

he asks Jeff what's up, Jeff goes into this thing about how he's wearing long underwear under his pants because everyone said it was going to be cold, but he's indoors the whole time and he's burning up

then dude is like "anyway," with this perfect comedic timing that made the entire room (including the dudes on the panel) laugh

but he apparently took it the completely wrong way and thought everyone was laughing at him, and then instead of asking his actual question, he breaks down and starts asking some shit like "how do I avoid looking like a dumbass like I just did"

then because they couldn't hear him, he continues to try to ask the question, breaking down further every time

tragic, really

Zornack

Also the guy didn't get laughed at by the crowd, he said something that was actually funny. However I imagine he was super anxious so he assumed people were laughing at him and that made him lose his train of thought.

To be honest I think a lot of the things people call cringe-worthy here simply come down to the anxiety of the person who asks the question.

Yeah I'd say at most there were two cringe worthy questions, the dude who started his question by thanking the crew for keeping the site going after Ryan's death and the guy who did the weird stuttering nerd impression asking about games journalism. Nothing else was that bad.

BanGy.nz

Banned
So we can all agree that the Q&A never happened and we should never talk about it again. right? good.

Which Duder would make the best cat?
I think it'd be Alex because I'd put a lucha mask him and it'd be the best.

K.Sabot

haha jesus christ please tell me this person got booed off the mic

this sounds like something I should get liquored up before watching

sounded like they were just acting like an idiot for laughs, but considering the types that line up for Q&A I wouldn't be surprised about it being genuine.

Zornack

haha jesus christ please tell me this person got booed off the mic

this sounds like something I should get liquored up before watching

He was doing a weird super-nerd-with-extreme-stutter impression while asking those questions. It was really weird, I'm not really sure what he was going for.

Also, are OdysseusVA and Venfayth flirting? i can't tell.

jtar86

Have any good questions ever come out of the q&a? I honestly don't know why they even bother any more. The only thing I can remember that was even close to good was the playstation jacket guy and that was just funny. Half the time its just people asking how they can get into games media and jeff basically saying lol good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom