• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me he didn't actually say those words.
He didn't, he just didn't convey what he meant very well. Like I said earlier, people just need to think through what they say a little more. I can understand the nerves. On balance, I don't think the Q&A was too bad. It is certainly nowhere near the worst one there has been.

Largo

Anyone know of anywhere this is archived already? Was it on their twitch channel?

I don't know how fast it archives, but probably it should be on the PAX2 twitch channel at fist.

Guys, I didn't think this was a super-great panel? I liked everything after Lang and Drake came out, but the Paxmania could have used a little umph.

Plus Dan has in no way earned a shot at The Wolf.

Lijik

that seemed like a colossal misunderstanding

he asks Jeff what's up, Jeff goes into this thing about how he's wearing long underwear under his pants because everyone said it was going to be cold, but he's indoors the whole time and he's burning up

then dude is like "anyway," with this perfect comedic timing that made the entire room (including the dudes on the panel) laugh

but he apparently took it the completely wrong way and thought everyone was laughing at him, and then instead of asking his actual question, he breaks down and starts asking some shit like "how do I avoid looking like a dumbass like I just did"

then because they couldn't hear him, he continues to try to ask the question, breaking down further every time

tragic, really

This sounds like a scene right out of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Please tell me he didn't actually say those words.

I was paraphrasing. It was more that he was glad they didn't shut it all down because Giant Bomb brings him so much enjoyment. He basically feared his favorite website would not survive.

He didn't, he just didn't convey what he meant very well. Like I said earlier, people just need to think through what they say a little more. I can understand the nerves. On balance, I don't think the Q&A was too bad. It is certainly nowhere near the worst one there has been.

Yup. I felt bad for him. He meant well. It would have been better if instead of bringing up Ryan, he could've just said how much he appreciates Giant Bomb and hopes they keep doing what they're doing for a long time.

I think they really should do pre-screening or have people write down questions and put them in a box and pick random ones out. If it's not a good one, pass on it and go to the next one.

on a scale of 1-10, where 1 is not awkward at all and 10 is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRdcptG365I

where did this Q&A fall?

any excuse to reshare that video really

8. It would have been a 5 or 6 if it hadn't been for that poor "how do I not look like a dumbass now" guy. Just so much schadenfreude in that one moment.

edit: Also, I hadn't since that video before; not 40 seconds in and already my head's in my hands.

Man, that Q&A. I always think to myself "no, I would never ask a question, I have nothing to say". But after watching one of these, I always want to ask a question just to prove to them that a person can speak like an actual human and not a massive basement-dwelling goober. I know public speaking can be tough for some, but man alive...

It's the worst Q&A I've ever seen and I've watched probably all their panels. It was just a wall-to-wall clusterfuck. Thank god they've gotten good at bouncing off stupid questions.

Also, as always, shout out to Alex for being the secret best live audience bombcaster.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
8. It would have been a 5 or 6 if it hadn't been for that poor "how do I not look like a dumbass now" guy. Just so much schadenfreude in that one moment.

edit: Also, I hadn't since that video before; not 40 seconds in and already my head's in my hands.

Ew. I don't know why people tend to want them to waste time on these embarrassing events. Even one extra normal quick look or premium feature would be better than that.

I also don't know why these gaming panels are usually so awkward when all the comic con panels I've seen are usually pretty cool.

Ew. I don't know why people tend to want them to waste time on these embarrassing events. Even one extra normal quick look or premium feature would be better than that.

I also don't know why these gaming panels are usually so awkward when all the comic con panels I've seen are usually pretty cool.

Its like real life forum chatter you can't ignore.

It's the worst Q&A I've ever seen and I've watched probably all their panels. It was just a wall-to-wall clusterfuck. Thank god they've gotten good at bouncing off stupid questions.

Also, as always, shout out to Alex for being the secret best live audience bombcaster.

Yeah, my policy of not watching this until I've gotten reassurement comes up aces again.

Renpatsu

Watched the There Came An Echo and Blackhole quick looks back to back and I know, different tone and all, but the voice acting in Blackhole has such a vitality to it that I never got from TCAE.

Watched the There Came An Echo and Blackhole quick looks back to back and I know, different tone and all, but the voice acting in Blackhole has such a vitality to it that I never got from TCAE.

TCAE, god bless it and the gaffer who made it, just didn't seem the greatest. I think the idea of a fully voice controlled RTS is cool but the commands just got super repetitive and kind of silly.

edit sorry two posts

BreIuGP.gif

yes... gooood....

BreIuGP.gif

yes... gooood....

Funny thing is, that MineCon video, as much of a barrel of groans as it was, was a good deal more bearable than these PAX Q&As. A lot of it likely comes down to the age factor; naive kids asking poorly structured questions about mods are generally more watchable than a neckbearded 20-something asking Jeff if there's gonna be more TANG

The whole Q&A was just unbearable. Almost no question was good. Even the ones that meant well, like the dude who said it was admirable that the site went on without Ryan, was delivered with an awkward tone that was hard to respond to.

And the guy that asked Dan "what's up with Air Force Gator?", I don't know if he was insulting Dan or what, but the neckbeard attempts at comedy were just brutal this time around.

Sayers

Seems like most of the time the people asking questions at these events don't actually have a genuine question so much as they just want to get their fifteen minutes by being the funny guy in the audience

The whole Q&A was just unbearable. Almost no question was good. Even the ones that meant well, like the dude who said it was admirable that the site went on without Ryan, was delivered with an awkward tone that was hard to respond to.

And the guy that asked Dan "what's up with Air Force Gator?", I don't know if he was insulting Dan or what, but the neckbeard attempts at comedy were just brutal this time around.

Yeah they are always awful, but a small part of me finds is funny watching the duders squirm, it's like a train wreck you can't look away from.

I wish they would just take written question in a hat and pick out ones they want to answer at the end.

I have a feeling that the hat idea would prove to be logistically impossible, given the size of the crowd, the layout of the room, and the schedule that they have to keep to.

Would love another one of those streamed bar-chats, though.

If I ever got to a GB PAX panel I am going to be that guy who asks when the next endurance run is.

Its been a while since someone asked that.
I know its because premium lets plays have kind of replaced ER's but whatever.

If I ever got to a GB PAX panel I am going to be that guy who asks when the next endurance run is.

Its been a while since someone asked that.
I know its because premium lets plays have kind of replaced ER's but whatever.

It's great because the time they announced the Chrono Trigger Endurance Run was like the one time someone didn't ask about it in the Q&A

hamchan

Has anyone that posts in this thread asked a Q&A question before? I want to reaffirm by belief that we are the least crazy of all the crazy people that follow Giant Bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom