• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah this is pretty bad. Even the initially-innocuous ones find a way to be weird.

PJSalt.jpg
and Sanctuary looks really cool gameplay wise but I just don't like Ska Studios games art style at all, it just looks bad to me.

GavinGT

Banned
I really thought the Dan intervention thing was gonna be Lang bribing him to try different foods. That needs to happen in the future.

that seemed like a colossal misunderstanding

he asks Jeff what's up, Jeff goes into this thing about how he's wearing long underwear under his pants because everyone said it was going to be cold, but he's indoors the whole time and he's burning up

then dude is like "anyway," with this perfect comedic timing that made the entire room (including the dudes on the panel) laugh

but he apparently took it the completely wrong way and thought everyone was laughing at him, and then instead of asking his actual question, he breaks down and starts asking some shit like "how do I avoid looking like a dumbass like I just did"

then because they couldn't hear him, he continues to try to ask the question, breaking down further every time

tragic, really

Pretty sure the whole thing about not hearing him was to get him to just say "whatever, heres my question" and he just dug in deeper

Reaally unfortunate tbh

that seemed like a colossal misunderstanding

he asks Jeff what's up, Jeff goes into this thing about how he's wearing long underwear under his pants because everyone said it was going to be cold, but he's indoors the whole time and he's burning up

then dude is like "anyway," with this perfect comedic timing that made the entire room (including the dudes on the panel) laugh

but he apparently took it the completely wrong way and thought everyone was laughing at him, and then instead of asking his actual question, he breaks down and starts asking some shit like "how do I avoid looking like a dumbass like I just did"

then because they couldn't hear him, he continues to try to ask the question, breaking down further every time

tragic, really

Hah that was tragic. Dude was golden, and managed to crash and burn in a spectacular fashion

strafer

that panel was the worst damn panel I have ever witnessed

and they need to stop with the questions, even though Geoff handles them like a boss, they are awkwawrd and not rleatted to gming.

Has anyone that posts in this thread asked a Q&A question before? I want to reaffirm by belief that we are the least crazy of all the crazy people that follow Giant Bomb.
I have. Many times over several years. All awkward. I think my first question almost a decade ago was to Rooster Teeth: 'Would you trade that $1000 processor for this Sailor Moon blow up doll I have here?'

They said no.

Myggen

that panel was the worst damn panel I have ever witnessed

and they need to stop with the questions, even though Geoff handles them like a boss, they are awkwawrd and not rleatted to gming.

The panel itself was great. The Q&A section was awkward at times, but that didn't take away from what came before.

Also for those saying they need to stop doing a Q&A part, doesn't PAX require the panels to have a Q&A section? That's what I've always heard. Not that I think Jeff would remove that part even if he could, but still.

Edit: Any interest in an event thread for the PAX Royal Rumble on Gaming tomorrow? I can make it.

Liamc723

I feel like some people take the Q&A section way too seriously. Yeah, some of the questions are awkward but just have a laugh at it and know that you're not them.

LeBart

I thought the Q&A section was funny... /shrug
Jeff's response to the dumbass dude and Eric Pope calling out the armchair analyst were both pretty hilarious moments.

Myggen

I thought the Q&A section was funny... /shrug
Jeff's response to the dumbass dude and Eric Pope calling out the armchair analyst were both pretty hilarious.

I at least didn't think it was that bad, and really liked what came before. The CAH video, Jeff reading the Tim Allen book and then tearing it apart, and Dan's game show were all classic GB moments.

Myggen

Was it April 29th they gave as the likely date for the BLLSL? Sounded like Vinny and Alex would come to SF for that!

edit: I also got the impression that they were close to hiring someone now.

Xater

Was it April 29th they gave as the likely date for the BLLSL? Sounded like Vinny and Alex would come to SF for that!

edit: I also got the impression that they were close to hiring someone now.

I thought it sounded more like they would do segments from New York

GavinGT

Banned
I thought the panel was lame except for the Harmonix thing, Tim Allen, and the wrestling stuff. There's just not enough time in between these things.

Also, Jeff needs to bring back that blazer from the 2013 panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom