• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expected something terrible from this Friday 13th QuickLook but once again its overblown from people in here.

QL was alright and it mostly showed what the game is about which includes its unfortunate problems.

Plus its not like they were constantly shitting on it they were just a bit bummed since the game has massive potential but its being plagued by issues.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Mg26COd.png

But seriously, what the ever living fuck? Who buys pants like this and who thinks that the tailor did a good job on them?

Fireblend

Banned
Dan has provided enough entertainment to my life that I can't really criticize him for what is ultimately harmless if ridiculously tasteless and very very puzzling. Bless that man.

cordy

Banned
Finished the latest Beast in the East episode and man, I wonder how the next episode will be. Hearing Dan scream out like that took me off guard.

I agree, they should get their facts straight, but I disagree they should have changed the video. They set out to play it for around thirty minutes for a QL, and this was their experience in that time. If the game is a broken piece of shit in those minutes then tough, don't release a broken piece of shit game.

I agree and disagree.

Agree that the brokenness should be addressed and shown. It sucks that Ben got to be Jason for 45 seconds before booted from the game, and it's a huge issue with the game at moment in general. Also agree that if a company is going to put out a jenky game, they (GB) shouldn't pull punches against them.

Disagree in the sense that if they want to show off a game, they should actually show off the game.

I don't know where the happy medium sits for a game like F13 that's functioning but broken, but I don't think putting out a 20 minute video of "This doesn't work" is good content. I was stoked for them to play/look at it because of how excited Jason's been for it for a while, but Ben giving non-facts and then sitting in a closet for most the video wasn't fun for me.

Expected something terrible from this Friday 13th QuickLook but once again its overblown from people in here.

QL was alright and it mostly showed what the game is about which includes its unfortunate problems.

Plus its not like they were constantly shitting on it they were just a bit bummed since the game has massive potential but its being plagued by issues.

Yep. It's like people think GB's job is to market the game or something. They showed 20 minutes and gave honest impressions. If you like the game and wish it had showed off better, blaming GB is pretty silly.

don't know where the happy medium sits for a game like F13 that's functioning but broken, but I don't think putting out a 20 minute video of "This doesn't work" is good content. I was stoked for them to play/look at it because of how excited Jason's been for it for a while, but Ben giving non-facts and then sitting in a closet for most the video wasn't fun for me.

Ben was in a closet for like a minute and getting a few details wrong is par for the course for GB.

Ben was in a closet for like a minute and getting a few details wrong is par for the course for GB.

He was the one to suggest leaving the current game so he can continue to show the rest of the game but everyone else opted stay a bit longer. *shrug*

As for the incorrect stuff while unfortunate i think the current issues would be more in the thoughts of the viewer.

I can imagine the questions asked at that party :trollface.

daveo42

Banned
Anyone who expected anything better from Dan in regards to his suit or his wedding haven't been paying attention to the kind of person Dan Ryckert is.

Edit: oh...bachelor party suit? I guess that's slightly better?

He's already married to Giant Bomb though.

No he's married to Taco Bell.

strafer

Anyone who expected anything better from Dan in regards to his suit or his wedding haven't been paying attention to the kind of person Dan Ryckert is.

Well, aren't you allowed to get married in whatever you want? If that how Dan want's to get married then who are we stop him?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah, I'm not trying to shame them or anything, but I didn't fully follow GB back then so I was curious if they had a big change like Patrick joining them that toned it all down.

Besides, not like the email will get picked up :p

I almost guarentee the answer would be Jeff saying "yeah...I mean, we didn't used to think that much about those sorts of things, but people started letting us know how it made them uncomfortable and I don't know if its something we deliberately police ourselves for but we've definitely changed the kind of language we use" and Brad nodding and going "yeah"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom