• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone put these in order of entertainment value..if you'd like. I'm behind on #content and need to get the best bang for my buck.

The Fidelio Incident QL
Nex Machina QL
GBE Megadate
UPF
Friday the 13th QL

Quonny

This week's Beastcast was the first time I actually stopped and deleted a podcast half way through.

Dan's Mars plan thing was so hard to listen to. Usually I think his stupidity is funny and charming, but this time it went way too far and was way too stupid.

Someone put these in order of entertainment value..if you'd like. I'm behind on #content and need to get the best bang for my buck.

The Fidelio Incident QL
Nex Machina QL
GBE Megadate
UPF
Friday the 13th QL

I've only watched three of those so far. The GBE Megadate is great, laughs guaranteed.
UPF had some good moments this week, but its UPF so if you're not a fan then you won't like it any more than usual. Watch the Fidelio Incident if you enjoy bad Irish accents.

TraBuch

Banned
Hey fellow Crazy Taxi addicts, have any of you gotten a Crazy Ticket from a blimp or anything? Or is it only possible to get one by buying it?

Sales sure are a great measurement for quality. Let's just put the top 10 selling games of the year on the list and skip this whole GOTY deliberations thing.

Generally yeah people tend to buy good fun games. That indeed is a measure of quality. Quality does tend to be objective, after all. Now on a persons favorite games of the year? That is subjective oti~

Hey fellow Crazy Taxi addicts, have any of you gotten a Crazy Ticket from a blimp or anything? Or is it only possible to get one by buying it?

I havent gotten one. Best Ive gotten is a 3 day boost from the blimp, and the highest ticket is S.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Sales sure are a great measurement for quality. Let's just put the top 10 selling games of the year on the list and skip this whole GOTY deliberations thing.

It would be pretty funny if Fifa was GB's game of the year.

Generally yeah people tend to buy good fun games. That indeed is a measure of quality. Quality does tend to be objective, after all. Now on a persons favorite games of the year? That is subjective oti~

Wait, what

Also beyond good and evil scored what, an average of 80? Thats a B-

Its not even critically good lol

Wait, what

Production values etc.

Unless oti meant personal quality, ie how one person thinks something is good. If hr meant the quality of the game itself(graphics, writing, etc) then beyond good and evil is objectively slightly above average

500 prizes and at ~3o/hr, and not seen it once.

Regardless of an astronmically small drop rate, though, I figure that it's not worth it. Buying one early on may be good to really kickstart things, relative to buying Class A tickets, but once you've got a lot of leveled-up "outgoing" drivers, Class A tickets give about half as many license points as a crazy ticket does, and to a driver pool 60% the size. There are some oddities to the game's progression that end up working fine, but I think the fact that the effect of "outgoing" drivers doesn't scale up for the different ticket types is the only thing that is actually broken in the game.

I'm probably never going to stick around long enough to get there, but I can't help but wonder what Class A tickets do if all of the drivers hit max level (read somewhere from someone in the soft-launch period that it capped at 10 - and it took 1000 licenses to go from 9 to 10). )Surely it just starts pumping out licenses for 2* and 3* drivers, right?

SomberOwl

This week's Beastcast was the first time I actually stopped and deleted a podcast half way through.

Dan's Mars plan thing was so hard to listen to. Usually I think his stupidity is funny and charming, but this time it went way too far and was way too stupid.

I agree. It would be nice if he turned off / toned down the schtick. It's just becoming irritating.

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
There is so much wrong with the F13th quick look. Ben hasn't spent much time playing, which is normally fine I guess (since the guys are usually pretty clear about what they do and do not know about a game), but he definitely has no idea what's going on for the most part (such as thinking the "ki ki ki ma ma ma" sound is Jason being nearby or "can see you"). Him outwardly saying "This is what this means" when it's 100% wrong doesn't do much for me and is going to give the wrong impression to people that have not played it yet.

Santar

Some people take stuff waaay too seriously.
The Dan Mars colonization segment was hilarious! :D
Would love to see a well animated version of the whole thing.

I just can't understand how anybody can get so rilled up over the beastcrew just joking around on a humourus video game podcast.
It's entertainment, not the education chanel.
Who cares if Dan doesn't know stuff that's obvious to you? There's lots of stuff I don't know, who gives a shit?

There is so much wrong with the F13th quick look. Ben hasn't spent much time playing, which is normally fine I guess (since the guys are usually pretty clear about what they do and do not know about a game), but he definitely has no idea what's going on for the most part (such as thinking the "ki ki ki ma ma ma" sound is Jason being nearby or "can see you"). Him outwardly saying "This is what this means" when it's 100% wrong doesn't do much for me and is going to give the wrong impression to people that have not played it yet.

I think it hurts the QL more that since the other 2 aren't 100% sure on what's going on either, it just kind of drags/slow the QL.

Also, I know the game is broken and has bugs/issues, but they could have done way more in a video than showing 30 seconds of Jason and a broken cabinet. If anyone was going to use their video as a "Should I buy this game?" meter, it's making it look way worse than it really is.

Some people take stuff waaay too seriously.
The Dan Mars colonization segment was hilarious! :D
Would love to see a well animated version of the whole thing.

I just can't understand how anybody can get so rilled up over the beastcrew just joking around on a humourus video game podcast.
It's entertainment, not the education chanel.
Who cares if Dan doesn't know stuff that's obvious to you? There's lots of stuff I don't know, who gives a shit?

This is the correct attitude. Even if you didn't find it funny, spare us the whining about being unable to tolerate it.

Tagyhag

Yeah, i'm cool knowing that sometimes they're not going to take the time to look up how to play a game, since they have time constraints or maybe there is no tutorial.

But outright stating false information sucks for the viewers who don't know any better. They have to be wary of that. If you don't know, just say you don't know.

Tagyhag

Listening to some old Bombcasts and ooof, rape jokes from the crew.

I'm thinking of sending them an email and asking when and why they decided to tone it down.

Not that I don't agree with them toning it down, but I'm curious if there was a central issue or they just decided to shift to where they are now.

Hasney

Listening to some old Bombasts and ooof, rape jokes from the crew.

I'm thinking of sending them an email and asking when and why they decided to tone it down.

Not that I don't agree with them toning it down, but I'm curious if there was a central issue or they just decided to shift to where they are now.

Probably just getting older and the times changing rather than a conscious decision.

Listening to some old Bombasts and ooof, rape jokes from the crew.

Also much more use of the word "retard" back then. My re-listen through old Bombcasts got a bit weird sometimes and it feels mostly toned down by the time Patrick joins. 2011-2013 is my favourite timespan for the podcast.

Don't send them an email about that, it's going to come across as "WHEN DID YOU REALIZE WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT YOU WERE??"

Rape jokes were not uncommon 6 or so years ago, don't drag that shit up.

Breath of the Wild has the best Zelda soundtrack.

DON'T YOU DARE SULLY KOJI KONDO'S NAME!

For real though, with the exception of Skyward Sword which I haven't played enough of I'd say at the very least every 3D Zelda has a better soundtrack than Breath of the Piano Tinkle.

Tagyhag

Don't send them an email about that, it's going to come across as "WHEN DID YOU REALIZE WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT YOU WERE??"

Rape jokes were not uncommon 6 or so years ago, don't drag that shit up.

Yeah, I'm not trying to shame them or anything, but I didn't fully follow GB back then so I was curious if they had a big change like Patrick joining them that toned it all down.

Besides, not like the email will get picked up :p

Is saying 'cuss' a west coast thing? Never once heard someone say that irl around here.

Nah, it's a pretty commonly used word here in Nebraska too.

I know we are all over rogue likes and stuff but by god, Dead Cells is freaking amazing.

I'm currently on a run where I have a Meat Grinder that does double damage on burning enemies and causes bleeding, a turret that sets enemies on fire and what basically amounts to a Molotov Cocktail. So my turret sets enemies on fire and because they go and attack the turret they run straight into the Meat Grinder while I throw Fireballs at them.
This combination is just shredding people and it feels glorious.
I just stand above them and rain down death. I almost feel bad about it. If you think you've got any love left for rogue likes, this is by far the best one I've played in a long, long, long while.

Dead Cells is awesome, highly recommend it! That sounds like a really nasty combination haha

Wunder

The Fidelio Incident QL
Nex Machina QL
GBE Megadate
UPF
Friday the 13th QL

Megadate
UPF
Fidelio
Nex Machina

haven't watched friday the 13th

Hindl

DON'T YOU DARE SULLY KOJI KONDO'S NAME!

For real though, with the exception of Skyward Sword which I haven't played enough of I'd say at the very least every 3D Zelda has a better soundtrack than Breath of the Piano Tinkle.
I wasn't gonna argue before since it's not the best, but I'm not down with people outright trashing it. BotW isn't the best soundtrack, but it gets a lot of shit for no reason. The soundtrack is very subdued and minimalist but that doesn't mean it's bad. It fits the game perfectly, and drops out a lot to just let the player experience the ambient sounds of the world. Plus Tarrey Town is great. It doesn't have the memorable tunes and life of the other Zeldas, but it's great for the mood BotW is trying to achieve

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So they played 3 games of Friday the 13th and weren't able to finish a single one of them without encountering a game breaking glitch or server issues.
Incredible.

"Mostly positive" reviews on Steam.

Yeah, I'm not trying to shame them or anything, but I didn't fully follow GB back then so I was curious if they had a big change like Patrick joining them that toned it all down.

Besides, not like the email will get picked up :p
Ah, I gotcha. I still don't think it's necessary to email them. Many of us grew out of those things and can't point to a 'why' or 'when'.
The idea of sleeping without an air conditioner in the middle of a NYC summer makes me very upset.
Here in Texas I sleep with earplugs because I have a portable AC unit like a foot away from me all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom