• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it hurts the QL more that since the other 2 aren't 100% sure on what's going on either, it just kind of drags/slow the QL.

Also, I know the game is broken and has bugs/issues, but they could have done way more in a video than showing 30 seconds of Jason and a broken cabinet. If anyone was going to use their video as a "Should I buy this game?" meter, it's making it look way worse than it really is.

I agree, they should get their facts straight, but I disagree they should have changed the video. They set out to play it for around thirty minutes for a QL, and this was their experience in that time. If the game is a broken piece of shit in those minutes then tough, don't release a broken piece of shit game.

Harpuia

DON'T YOU DARE SULLY KOJI KONDO'S NAME!

For real though, with the exception of Skyward Sword which I haven't played enough of I'd say at the very least every 3D Zelda has a better soundtrack than Breath of the Piano Tinkle.

Yeah I think WW/TP have memorable tracks. I'd say OoT but that's almost unfair because every game after it has at least 3 or so tracks that are a song from that game remixed.

Breath of the Wild is like someone looked at Red Dead and went "yeah that but like, Japanese/Zelda-y". Which is fine, the town themes are great but the overworld theme is missing that hype that WW and TP overworld had.

I'm conflicted about my thoughts, though because the Hyrule castle theme from bw is that good shit.

I agree, they should get their facts straight, but I disagree they should have changed the video. They set out to play it for around thirty minutes for a QL, and this was their experience in that time. If the game is a broken piece of shit in those minutes then tough, don't release a broken piece of shit game.

Your point is correct, but don't imply that about the game. It is just having server issues due to how popular the game is. The devs aren't huge or anything and these sort of server issues are completely normal for an online game. They can't have servers ready for an unknown amount of people. They and most other devs have to just release and then react from there.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Your point is correct, but don't imply that about the game. It is just having server issues due to how popular the game is. The devs aren't huge or anything and these sort of server issues are completely normal for an online game. They can't have servers ready for an unknown amount of people. They and most other devs have to just release and then react from there.

None of this is my problem.
If I buy this game and am not able to finish a single round than it's a badly made game.
They aren't trying to sell the game so they shouldn't keep trying until the game finally decides to not break on them.

PUBG is not having such server issues and that game features 100 players, is by a dev who previously only developed mods.

DDGdtTSUIAEFIE8.jpg

Dan finally became a cosplayer

Rainmaker

Banned

I mean, the three games they played implied it. They could've not said a word and I would've understood this game is a mess right now. It wasn't just server issues. He got stuck in a damned closet or whatever too.

None of this is my problem.
If I buy this game and am not able to finish a single round than it's a badly made game.
They aren't trying to sell the game so they shouldn't keep trying until the game finally decides to not break on them.

PUBG is not having such server issues and that game features 100 players, is by a dev who previously only developed mods.

PUBG is a game funded/helped by Bluehole, who make MMOS. I think they probably have some good servers. https://www.bluehole.net/en/game

I'm not trying to get into some sort of argument here. The devs are receiving much more traffic than anticipated is all and the issues will be fixed.

I wasn't gonna argue before since it's not the best, but I'm not down with people outright trashing it. BotW isn't the best soundtrack, but it gets a lot of shit for no reason. The soundtrack is very subdued and minimalist but that doesn't mean it's bad. It fits the game perfectly, and drops out a lot to just let the player experience the ambient sounds of the world. Plus Tarrey Town is great. It doesn't have the memorable tunes and life of the other Zeldas, but it's great for the mood BotW is trying to achieve

Yes it largely serves the game well. People argue the scope of the world eliminates the possibility of an overworld theme and my response to them has been no shit. However, look at FFXIV and how different regions have different themes with variations on them depending on time of day. It could have been done and I would have preferred that method.

Regardless, what you said about the music does set it up to be good for the game, but as a Zelda soundtrack it's disappointing and certainly doesn't deserve "Best Zelda OST" which im starting to see more and more on GAF.

For the record im planning on starting the game back up today so maybe I'll be warmer on both the game and the soundtrack.

Haru-chan is so bad.

Like omg.

What do you even see in her.

This is for real this time isn't it lol?

Ann's just not quite interesting enough to me despite normally choosing the lovers arcana, Futaba seems too high maintenance, Makoto is close but there's something off while Haru's a cutie (largely due to the voice actress) and I feel like I really want to help her with the fiance situation.

My first gf was Becky...

BEYOND GOOD & EVIL IS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER MADE, BRAD. Brad hates France/Europe.
People who like Anime don't like BG&E. That's how you know it's one of the best games ever made.

I like anime and I like BG&E! Don't forget to mention the great OST.
Man, this Friday the 13th game sounds and looks like something I'd love. It's a bummer to see that it's still having so many issues.

I don't recommend getting it honestly, I got it on X1 day 1 and I still haven't been able to play a full match outside of private matches with my friends. I'm basically just leaving it for now and may return to it at the end of this year or next year.
It was ok.

Kinda overrated.

The new one looks bonkers and will never be released.

Like many other things, I feel the hype kind of ruined the game. I played it back in the day on the PS2 and was blown away because I was expecting nothing out of it. Instead, I was greeted with a fascinating, colorful world filled with great and diverse characters not to mention a bunch of things to do. The third act of the game has you
going to the moon and that was a holy fuck moment for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom