• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyle

I can see how the Great Plateau can throw new players into the deep end a bit, but this is ridiculous. The game keeps throwing lots of situational moments from which he should learn about the mechanics but he struggles to learn from any of them. Maybe now he can understand how some Witness players failed to grasp puzzle mechanics

This is like watching Soulja Boy play Braid.

You all are talking about Jonathan Blow playing BOTW while I'm sitting here wondering WTF just happened in twin peaks right now. I don't think I'll be able to sleep soundly tonight. Maybe I need to watch this stream to clear my mind a bit.

Hindl

You all are talking about Jonathan Blow playing BOTW while I'm sitting here wondering WTF just happened in twin peaks right now. I don't think I'll be able to sleep soundly tonight. Maybe I need to watch this stream to clear my mind a bit.
Feels like it's about to end. He's pretty done with the game

Grats to Dan and Bianca! I was worried about this going off without a hitch after the Beastcast though...

Also: Man who makes games with extremely specific game design acumen finds games not meeting that criteria distasteful.

@PaulRyckert

DDMwTBPV0AARet5.jpg:small

ahahaha

Bi bim bop sounds great right now

Bi Bim Bop always sounds great anyways.

Hindl

I just started watching....oh boy what kind of mess did I miss?

A combination of him running into the actual flaws and issues of the game (weapon durability, inventory management, UI stuff, struggling with controls, etc.), him not understanding/paying attention to some mechanics, and his designs tastes differing from the Zelda team and are therefore bad

A combination of him running into the actual flaws and issues of the game (weapon durability, inventory management, UI stuff, struggling with controls, etc.), him not understanding/paying attention to some mechanics, and his designs tastes differing from the Zelda team and are therefore bad

Geez so he has been like that the whole time. This stream just hurts :/

Well at least we know that outside of the games, sonic couldn't care less about tails. Leaves him out in the cold to freeze to death until the next game. Sonic is hardcore yo!

Toparaman

Banned
This stream is kind of making me want to play The Witness to see what Blow's game design is like for a 3D exploratory game. I don't necessarily disagree with his criticisms, I would just like to see a counterexample.

I think this Beastcast is the first Giant Bomb podcast I've revisited because it was so good (that didn't involve the Ricker).

Jeff telling Dan to "fondle" his third nipple is great stuff.

Hindl

What was his idea? Was it fucking stupid?
Instead of the indicator you instead have an unbreakable weapon that glows like Sting in the Hobbit when you're near a shrine. I could see his point if it was just an item on link that glowed, or even the Sheikah slate, but making it a weapon is dumb

Anjin M

I think this Beastcast is the first Giant Bomb podcast I've revisited because it was so good (that didn't involve the Ricker).

Jeff telling Dan to "fondle" his third nipple is great stuff.
I wish I felt the same way. Maybe I let the hype get to me, but I didn't think this last Beastcast was all that amazing. I really missed Alex on it.

What was his idea? Was it fucking stupid?

About as fucking stupid as a loud annoying ping? No. You can only go up from there.

To change the game so that you had one sword the whole game that didn't break and would glow/hum when near a shrine.

Instead of the indicator you instead have an unbreakable weapon that glows like Sting in the Hobbit when you're near a shrine. I could see his point if it was just an item on link that glowed, or even the Sheikah slate, but making it a weapon is dumb

Weren't those two different ideas? One about weapon durability and the other about the shrine indicator? Either way how is it dumb?

Toparaman

Banned
I wish I felt the same way. Maybe I let the hype get to me, but I didn't this this last Beastcast was all that amazing. I really missed Alex on it.
Pretty sure the tweet from Dan that said that Vinny called it the best Beastcast was a joke, since Vinny said the exact opposite in the actual episode. Alex was missed for sure.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't know why you need the ping anyway. The joy of the game is to climb everything and then you see a shrine in the distance or you notice something odd about the area only to find a shrine.

#HUDless4lyfe

I don't know why you need the ping anyway. The joy of the game is to climb everything and then you see a shrine in the distance or you notice something odd about the area only to find a shrine.

#HUDless4lyfe

You don't. There's another indicator that never needs to be acquired or activated.

Part of why BotW is so mindblowingly awesome.

If anyone wants to be spoiled on it, here you go.

Joeku

And route B of Nier done. I think it's kind of telling they actually put in a preview after that; it felt like if it wasn't for the open-world+sidequest nature of the game this route would have been better served in little vignettes. I guess they had to say "trust us, this goes places" a little bit cuz if you don't know any better half of route B is pretty what's-the-big-deal-worthy.

And seeing the word
Gestalt
I have to assume I'm spoiling stuff from the first game, cuz I remember that
being a subtitle for one of the Japanese versions
. I love how matter-of-fact all that info was presented, though.

Antiwhippy

And route B of Nier done. I think it's kind of telling they actually put in a preview after that; it felt like if it wasn't for the open-world+sidequest nature of the game this route would have been better served in little vignettes. I guess they had to say "trust us, this goes places" a little bit cuz if you don't know any better half of route B is pretty what's-the-big-deal-worthy.

And seeing the word
Gestalt
I have to assume I'm spoiling stuff from the first game, cuz I remember that
being a subtitle for one of the Japanese versions
. I love how matter-of-fact all that info was presented, though.

Did you get the Gestalt reports? They pretty much lay out what it is.

Joeku

Did you get the Gestalt reports? They pretty much lay out what it is.

Yeah,
those three files
, that's what I mean. It wasn't presented in a big dramatic sense, just incidentally but appropriately while doing something else.

And the added combat mechanic in route B is maybe the coolest thing I've seen in a Platinum game since MGR's Blade Mode.

Been out and about for most of the day yesterday but I kept checking on here and Twitter. So fucking happy for Dan & Bianca, looking forward to hearing more about the experience on the Beastcast.

Fuck yes.
Might have to get used to it. Nothing is really coming out for the next 2 months until Mario Rabbids. I guess Splatoon 2.

I got Arms yesterday and next week I'll be getting Crash. Next month I'll probably get Yooka-Laylee & Splatoon 2.
Mario Galaxy (2) is a near perfect game. It's the game of that generation and the best game of all time.

And I'm sorry, but if you go "it's just another Mario" I can't take you seriously anymore.

My man. Both Galaxy games are amazing and THAT SOUNDTRACK.
I need the gif of Kiryu giving the briefcase full of money... I can't find it on Google

RliQa3t.gif

that Twin Peaks

It's so fucking

IeYBZYj.gif

Mary got so mad during the Wesker fight in in the warehouse the finale of Resident Kinevil 5 that she pulled a Vinny.

tumblr_kosoh8SQmz1qzuigpo1_1280.jpg

Lmao, yes. Resident Kinevil has been such a fantastic watch so far. Good luck to them on RE6 because OH BOY.

Antiwhippy

Yeah,
those three files
, that's what I mean. It wasn't presented in a big dramatic sense, just incidentally but appropriately while doing something else.

And the added combat mechanic in route B is maybe the coolest thing I've seen in a Platinum game since MGR's Blade Mode.

Huh.
I'm pretty sure there's more but i think those are things you need to go out of your way to get. But i think the ones on the main path pretty much laid out why humans are long dead.

Also omg i just paid attention to the part where Dan said he wanted to be an in play racquetball and I'm fucking dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom