• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

I am grabbing Splatoon 2 as well, never played the first one so I am quite exicited about it.
I am also finishing up some old games on my PC so I have enough until the bigger fall games arrive. Did not buy too much in the Steam sale so far, some small VR titles and greatly discounted games I always wanted to give a shot (like Transformers DevAstations).

oti

Banned
I am grabbing Splatoon 2 as well, never played the first one so I am quite exicited about it.
I am also finishing up some old games on my PC so I have enough until the bigger fall games arrive. Did not buy too much in the Steam sale so far, some small VR titles and greatly discounted games I always wanted to give a shot (like Transformers DevAstations).

As far as new games for this year I think I'll stick to mainly Nintendo stuff. Splatoon, Mario and Rabbids, Mario and the Zelda DLC. Plus Ni No Kuni 2, definitely getting that too. Rest will be backlog and maybe stuff that is on sale.

Splatoon 2 looks really good.

Wunder

I hope this session of murder island will be the first time they win as a squad and also the last murder island

oh fuck yeah BitE

Hasney

Ended up pre-ordering the rest of my year as there was a deal on with the shop I use. No charge yet so can cancel anytime, but Splat2, Yakuza Kiwami, Ni No Kuni 2 PC, Mario and South Park.

Eh, I sold my Switch after playing 35 hours of Zelda. There isn't anything coming out for it I'm too interested in until the very end of the year. I don't like Splatoon at all, don't play fighting games, and I don't like Mario Kart. The only other thing I'm excited for, besides Mario, would have been Pokemon and also Stardew Valley. Minecraft seems to be great on Switch, so I would have probably bought that. Still though, nothing much around so I sold it for more than what I paid for it ($80 out of pocket) I also got a very shitty Switch, so it was probably going to end up dead.

daveo42

Banned
Persona spoilercast got bumped 3hrs.

DDPEYaeVYAAj6Ms.jpg

what am i even looking at here? what does any of this even mean
senpai?!

danm999

So Yazuka 0 is very big on the concept of how murder changes a person and Kiryu and Majima are explicitly not murderers in Yakuza 0 but that thumbnail for Beast in the East is of a scene where Kiryu clearly kills dozens of people.

Wunder

So Yazuka 0 is very big on the concept of how murder changes a person and Kiryu and Majima are explicitly not murderers in Yakuza 0 but that thumbnail for Beast in the East is of a scene where Kiryu clearly kills dozens of people.

it was self defense

Yakuza games require some pretty special suspension of disbelief where basically nothing that happens in combat can be taken at face value or yeah Kiryu is a mass murderer. It sort of extends to the cut scenes where bullets are a minor inconvenience (except when they sometimes aren't). Basically Yakuza is a gritty, "grounded" shonen-esque story.

BTA

I need to start catching up on the PUBG stuff again; I didn't watch anything and I also wasn't playing it for a couple weeks and I was already pretty behind to begin with.

Also with all the good Friends at the Table stuff happening in the past few days I keep thinking about the holiday Beastcast stuff and like... I cannot wait to see Abby and Dan get in on that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yakuza games require some pretty special suspension of disbelief where basically nothing that happens in combat can be taken at face value or yeah Kiryu is a mass murderer. It sort of extends to the cut scenes where bullets are a minor inconvenience (except when they sometimes aren't). Basically Yakuza is a gritty, "grounded" shonen-esque story.

Which means it's basically anime.

oti

Banned
I bought Arms.

Arms is a good game.

Amazon Germany already cut the price to 48€. That's really rare for a Nintendo game. I'll wait longer for it to evolve further though. Still not a fan of 3D fighters but watching a bit of high-level play on YT it seems more strategic than I thought after trying it during the test punch. Splatoon 2 isn't that far off, I can wait.

Tunoku

Amazon Germany already cut the price to 48€. That's really rare for a Nintendo game. I'll wait longer for it to evolve further though. Still not a fan of 3D fighters but watching a bit of high-level play on YT it seems more strategic than I thought after trying it during the test punch. Splatoon 2 isn't that far off, I can wait.

They also cut the price of MK8 Deluxe really soon after release(to 48€), doesn't really say much.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Dan and wife look happy, that's all that matters! Congrats to them.

I am surprised by how lame the Taco Bell presentation is, though.

TraBuch

Banned
If this was 2016, people would be screaming "LOL LUDONARRATIVE DISSONANCE!"

Hasney

They're all justice shots like Virtua Cop.

oti

Banned
They also cut the price of MK8 Deluxe really soon after release(to 48€), doesn't really say much.

I think that was a direct response to a retailer's "Buy 3 Pay 2" promotion back then. This really isn't typical Nintendo behaviour on Amazon.

I welcome it. Splatoon 1 was 45€ when it came out on Wii U too. I think that's a great price for games that build up their content over time like that.

TraBuch

Banned
Yeah but uncharted pretended it wanted to be different.

Also nobody gave a shit about yakuza in the west.
I was just really fucking annoyed by everyone picking apart everything in games and screaming ludonarrative dissonance. I feel like there was a three month span where I couldn't enter a thread about any game and somebody was saying it.

Kimaka

Bullets are rubber unless it is in a cutscene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom