• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us all remember Beastcast episode 64

"Let me think before I talk for once"
"DUEEH. ANY BIG ASS THING. ANYTHING ANYTHING ANYTHING, HAS GRAVITY"
"Of course Bananas are delicious, for one, they're yellow"
"We got like volcano shit!"
"If I held a flea with my fingers and let go of it, It wouldn't like Super Mario Galaxy'd its way to my chest."
"I don't hold babies"
"Kanses City Barbecue. A whole plate of it."
"I want to clarify"
"Next week we'll cover where the sun goes every night"
"Do you want The Hulk in there too?"
"In the beginning..."
"NO NO LET LET ME GET IT OUT!"
"I can't look at the internet, okay"
"Science is amazing"
"LIFE IS AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL"
"Fuckin dust and earth"
"That ain't fair, he played alot of Metal Gear"
"Those are shitty multiple choice"
"Yeah, I'm just over here sniffing penecilin"
"fuckin frack all over my face"
"All batteries are flat"

Joeku

Huh.
I'm pretty sure there's more but i think those are things you need to go out of your way to get. But i think the ones on the main path pretty much laid out why humans are long dead.

Also omg i just paid attention to the part where Dan said he wanted to be an in play racquetball and I'm fucking dying.

Unless there's stuff in later routes, B pretty much laid it out in two ways:
First, while hacking through the robo-cult factory to help 2B you find three Gestalt files just off the main path (that tell you humanity died out in 4200 CE after some consciousness-transferring technology took off [which sounds like some Drakengard shit maybe I don't know that game aside from that ending cutscene]), and then the Commander gives 9S the YoRHa file that reconfirmed that humanity was dead and the moon base was for morale.

I may be getting the order of those backwards. I've done little else today besides drink coffee, play this game, and take care of my dogs.

Edit: what I meant by it being well-delivered was that the "lore" stuff was effectively missable but just off the main path, while the stuff that more directly relates to the main characters was handed to you, but these two things together round out the setting.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Unless there's stuff in later routes, B pretty much laid it out in two ways:
First, while hacking through the robo-cult factory to help 2B you find three Gestalt files just off the main path (that tell you humanity died out in 4200 CE after some consciousness-transferring technology took off [which sounds like some Drakengard shit maybe I don't know that game aside from that ending cutscene]), and then the Commander gives 9S the YoRHa file that reconfirmed that humanity was dead and the moon base was for morale.

I may be getting the order of those backwards. I've done little else today besides drink coffee, play this game, and take care of my dogs.

Edit: what I meant by it being well-delivered was that the "lore" stuff was effectively missable but just off the main path, while the stuff that more directly relates to the main characters was handed to you, but these two things together round out the setting.

Yeah the game does well with that. There actually a shitton of background info contained in the archives but the main plot moves on irregardless.

Joeku

And now it's super late here but I kind of want to keep playing to see where this goes, because there's clearly some shit they have to get to.

MG310

Murder Island, Beast in the East and more Mario Marathon tomorrow.

Hopefully more Abby/Vinny team up in Murder Island

I feel like Mafia 3 is a spiritual sequel to that one Punisher game that came out on ps2 and xbox.

Having a good bit of fun with this one despite it's serious flaws.

My thoughts exactly. It is Assassin's Creed 1 levels of thin with how it handles taking over the city but I still had a good time with the story.

Very satisfying working your way through compounds using mostly the knife too.

My thoughts exactly. It is Assassin's Creed 1 levels of thin with how it handles taking over the city but I still had a good time with the story.

Very satisfying working your way through compounds using mostly the knife too.

t8qp6Lf.gif

The latest DLC is alright.

I genuinely love Dan's way with words. I don't care if anyone thinks he's putting on an act or whatever, he's direct, humble, and enjoys the simple things, and I can respect that.

But count me among those whose blood boils hearing about Dan's college years.

Joeku

I genuinely love Dan's way with words. I don't care if anyone thinks he's putting on an act or whatever, he's direct, humble, and enjoys the simple things, and I can respect that.

But count me among those whose blood boils hearing about Dan's college years.

I got severely unhealthy due to lack of sleep and an alcohol abuse problem because of how crazy my college film & tv production schedule/workload was. This Taco Bell-wedding motherfucker totally is going to go to Mars.

GB guys have been hyping up how good they are getting at Murder Island off on their own so I'm looking forward to them all being terrible when they get together again. They might fall out.

Meguro

Banned
I just played a videogame with a worse translation job than P5 so my day is going great.
Time to watch Yakuza and see a worthwhile localization again.

oti

Banned
I'm still not really sure why there's a person to "bring you behind the scenes of anything and everything Taco Bell".

Why does this job exist?

He's saying that the game is tutorializing too much while failing basic mechanics. I feel like I'm watching darksydephil.

yeah, this. It was pretty embarrassing. "shut up game don't tell me what to do" *proceeds to be confused and aimless for half an hour* He was just not even willing to give it a chance from the get-go. In his mind it's a bad AAA game and that's that, and I don't think he even appreciated the ways in which it deviates from the norms, like how super open-ended the game actually is. his whiny nerdvoice tantrum when he completed the first shrine and it kicked him out before he got the chest was... something else, too.

Meguro

Banned
Jonathan Blow is a good game designer but also a huge dumbass so none of this is surprising to me.
I followed him on twitter for about 3 days before I just couldn't stomach it anymore.

oti

Banned
I finished Destiny. I think. Launched it again after several months. No idea what the story is about but I did the missions the game told me to do. Beat a monster called Onyx. There was a cutscene. I consider myself done now and I'm fairly certain I'll skip Destiny 2 for some years. Got my fill.

Instead of buying more huge games (hello Steam Sale) I plugged-in my Xbox again to play more Forza Horizon 3, Diablo 3 and maybe Gears 4. I also redeemed Steam World Heist from an older Humble Bundle on PC, so I'll check that out too.

But tbh, the games I'm most excited about right now are the Zelda DLC and Splatoon 2. Skipping Arms for now was definitely the right call.

I'm 50% through Ori but don't really feel motivated to push through.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
My opinion of dan is at its highest after the beastcast. A man who can find the joys of being a racquetball in play is a man i want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom