• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Yakuza got to Yakuza. All three of the guys will have pinky fingers missing; mark my word.

62a50ae771.jpg

Australia.

Mark it on your incorrect calendars
:p

Sunday is the start of the week. I work on Sunday's occasionally. Our schedule runs Sunday to Saturday.

Anyways, I wish we were watching Yakuza right now.

oti

Banned
Yakuza is dead because you believe Sunday is the first day of the week, you weirdos.

Go watch some wrestling or stuff a duck into a turkey or something.

According to ISO it's just USA, Canda and Japan where Monday is considered the second day of teh week.
Did now know about Japan, interesting.

Is it? Every year when I teach the days of the week to Japanese kids, they always say "Why's Sunday at the start of the week? You sure are a wacky foreigner!" and proceed to consistently misuse the word "Sunday" to identify Monday. Sunday is the first day I teach them, and to them "first day" means Monday, so it comes out naturally wrong for them.

It could just be a child's form of thinking. I feel like there was a time when I would have considered Monday the first day of the week as a child.

ZeroCoin

Sunday is the start of the week. I work on Sunday's occasionally. Our schedule runs Sunday to Saturday.

Anyways, I wish we were watching Yakuza right now.

I work for an amusement park and Sunday is the last day of the week here. Makes sense when comparing sales for most weeks. I can see both sides of this one, though I probably consider Monday the start of the week.

Either way, no Yakuza is definitely making this thread go crazy.

I don't understand Trackmania. They have made several track mania 2 expansions but sold them as separate games thus splitting the userbase? Also watching my first gameplay it looks alright but it's like 10 seconds of loading for 20 seconds of racing.

The only reason why I was excited at all was because I went to a theater for their E3 Experience. It was kinda cool with all the people, but they weren't that into literally anything. The only time I remember anyone being wowed was at the Destiny stuff which I'm pretty sure was just sparrow racing lol. Was in Waterbury CT.

But yeah, it was neat being on GAF and seeing that all three games were rumored to be announced and to actually have them be announced while watching the conference on a big ass screen with nice, booming audio. Don't care at all for the games though :p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah seriously though.

If you want to be bummed the fuck out.

Play The house in Fata Morgana.

First 2 stories are kinda eh but 3rd one sent me to a place.

I can already tell the 4th one will be just as miserable.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I wish I can be as cheerful as this video.

Why do I only choose games that can send me to fucking misery and distress this year.

Obviously because the world is such a happy and amazing place right now that you need something to counterbalance it.
Or maybe to steel yourself for when the entire world inevitably plummets into chaos and misery.

If you want to be bummed the fuck out.

No thanks. That's what real life is for.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is it? Every year when I teach the days of the week to Japanese kids, they always say "Why's Sunday at the start of the week? You sure are a wacky foreigner!" and proceed to consistently misuse the word "Sunday" to identify Monday. Sunday is the first day I teach them, and to them "first day" means Monday, so it comes out naturally wrong for them.

It could just be a child's form of thinking. I feel like there was a time when I would have considered Monday the first day of the week as a child.
All Japanese people I talked to regarding the first day of the week said it's Sunday.

Also, calendar in the Japanese version of windows:
nrt3VvD.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Being from one of those yellow countries and having stayed over long periods of time in another I can safely say this picture is somewhat inaccurate.
I mean, what are you actually expecting? Americans still (usually) have sunday off and start work/school etc on mondays, yet they still consider sunday the start of the week. Other than looking at a calendar, there really isn't much else to it.

They announced a Kickstarter project

on the stage

at E3

guys

For literally any other game, it would have been ridiculous. But it was for Shenmue 3, so it gets a pass.

Same logic for Final Fantasy VII Remake. Literally only this game can officially call itself "Remake". Any other game pulling that shit would have been laughed at. But not FFVII. It has earned the right to call itself that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
For literally any other game, it would have been ridiculous. But it was for Shenmue 3, so it gets a pass.

Same logic for Final Fantasy VII Remake. Literally only this game can officially call itself "Remake". Any other game pulling that shit would have been laughed at. But not FFVII. It has earned the right to call itself that.

What if Nintendo announced a super Mario World remake?

Strax

I mean, what are you actually expecting? Americans still (usually) have sunday off and start work/school etc on mondays, yet they still consider sunday the start of the week. Other than looking at a calendar, there really isn't much else to it.

Of course it doesn't matter but I expected christian/catholic countries to start their week on Sundays and since that picture you posted is so inaccurate I still believe that.

Oh shit I forgot about that

Oh shit please give me more No More Heroes

I'd even take a 1+2 collection

I never played 2, but No More Heroes is easily the coolest game that kind of plays a bit shit but is so cool and funny that it's impossible not to live.

I remember Suda saying a NMH3 probably wouldn't star Travis, though? I kind of wanted a whole game as Shinobu (I know she's playable in 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom