• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
People in the food/service industry don't count either when it comes to figuring out the start of the week. Your weekends are barely comprehensible to begin with. You do not know normal.

Jintor

i have pretty strong location memory for listening to podcasts and I am reminded that whenever I hear the Australian Beef segment I flashback to aimlessly wandering around the city of Kobe.

2941679-usf2fc.jpg

Quick Look: Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers
The classic fighter comes out retirement to add some newish fighters and a motion control mode.

Time for disappointment.

strafer

Yes, ratings were too low so CBS decided to do a weekly show with Colbert doing a Clueless Gamer rip-off with the Beast crew instead.

If only.

Are they on the same network? Invite Colbert for an UPF.

But my guess it would get too political.

kiguel182

His confusion that January is named differently in other languages is mind blowing. Makes no sense.

Also, there are standards for everything, at least I always assume they are. Someone must think "we need to standardize this" for every subject.

Edit: also, the idea that Europe has a unified calendar is funny too. Like our calendars are produced by the EU or something.

oti

Banned
His confusion that January is named differently in other languages is mind blowing. Makes no sense.

Also, there are standards for everything, at least I always assume they are. Someone must think "we need to standardize this" for every subject.

Edit: also, the idea that Europe has a unified calendar is funny too. Like our calendars are produced by the EU or something.

Does Dan even know what the difference between the EU and Europe is?

Diancecht

January is OCAK in here. That would BLOW his fucking mind!

oti

Banned
Jeff, if I was playing Street Fighter 2 in the car I wouldn't be bummed out about the controller.

That's one of those things I seem less sensible about than him. But then again, Jeff cares about authentic emulation etc. Stuff I could not care less about.

But 40 EUROS WHYYYYYYYYY

derFeef

This video is actually hard to watch. Not even because of the sunday/monday part.
Dan doesn't know about different languages, that Europe isn't a country or that international standards exist. And he's actually serious here...

Right and wrong thing, okay. Just like the metric system, right Dan?
Dan is so America it's not even funny.

Hasney

Jeff, if I was playing Street Fighter 2 in the car I wouldn't be bummed out about the controller.

That's one of those things I seem less sensible about than him. But then again, Jeff cares about authentic emulation etc. Stuff I could not care less about.

But 40 EUROS WHYYYYYYYYY

Yeah, I actually really want this game, but at that price I have Garou and KOF 98 so I can wait.

Might not go down in that price all that quick though. Managed to get into the top 10 in the UK and amazon.com had it up to the 5th best selling game before they managed to run out of stock... It might actually be beating Capcoms expectations.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It is. Sunday was the first day of the week because it was Church day.

No one goes to Church anymore. Work is what defines a week. Therefore, Monday is the first day of the week.

Capitalism > Religion

I thought people went to church and shops used to close on Sundays because it was the 'day of rest' - the day god rested after creating the earth and heavens in the previous 6 days.

So by that measure Sunday is the last day of the week.

Strax

Just last month I saw, for the first time, a calendar that starts on a Monday. I assumed (and still do) that christian countries consider Sunday as the first day of the week.

Harpuia

i have pretty strong location memory for listening to podcasts and I am reminded that whenever I hear the Australian Beef segment I flashback to aimlessly wandering around the city of Kobe.

Every now and then I listen to old bombcast and beastcast snips and i have this experience. Then i realize how long I've been following these goobers. They only go as far back as Senior year of high school which was 5 years ago now. The more recent ones just remind me of the nearby biking trail close to the river since I listen to them while biking.

Mupod

100% of all my bombcast listening has been while driving, so it mostly all blends together. But this one time I was driving back home from my parents' place, and after 5 hours on the road I got stuck in some kind of insane traffic caused by an accident. Took almost an hour of barely moving at all to get out of there. But it was that one GOTY discussion where Guilty Gear Xrd stole best graphics and I was too busy losing my shit to mind.

derFeef

According to ISO it's just USA, Canda and Japan where Monday is considered the second day of teh week.
Did now know about Japan, interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom