• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

chogidogs

Is it worth playing the Yakuza games in order? I just realized that I have some of the old PS3 ones from PS+ so I was wondering if it is worth playing those having only played 0.

Hasney

Is it worth playing the Yakuza games in order? I just realized that I have some of the old PS3 ones from PS+ so I was wondering if it is worth playing those having only played 0.

4 has recap videos of the first three games, so you'll be fine. Would spoil Kiwami obviously though, and it's so nearly almost out.

If Nier Automata pulled the 999 gimmick of being able to fast forward through identical parts of the 2nd playthrough I would've been cool with it.

But actually playing those parts again? Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Kimaka

I think this doesn't feel too skeevy because of how utterly Kiryu seems like sort of a sexless friendly dope

Also, the sex stuff shows up in contextually appropriate areas. The women are calling in to get laid and they can hang up if you come off as a weirdo. Although, I could do without the giant half naked lady.

People who think a game that needs to be finished multiple time to be enjoyable is ok

Within the context of what happens in Nier, it totally works and is done very well. I can't convince you though because the entire thing comes together in Route C(which is more like a sequel to Nier Automata itself) and specifically ending E. However, if you're forcing yourself to play a game then it just isn't for you.

Route A/B(which has more revelations) are not even that long if you just mainline the main missions but if you want to get the most out of the world then you're shit out of luck.

oti

Banned
Playing a multiplayer game is basically playing the same game over and over and over again, so I don't see what the problem is.
R542qEt.gif

Does Ben wear his mic in a different spot from the other duders? He's the only one that consistent blows out the mic when he laughs or shouts. I feel like every video he's in has a new instance of it.

I don't remember this happening to other people so it's kinda baffling me.

KingKong

If Nier Automata pulled the 999 gimmick of being able to fast forward through identical parts of the 2nd playthrough I would've been cool with it.

But actually playing those parts again? Ain't nobody got time for dat.

I think this thread shows that if anything people have too much time

Tubobutts

How do they seriously still not understand the map?

Dan needs to get that don't be nervous talking to girls game.

And then they can't see things being highlighted.

i wonder how long this whole "the only content every video game site in the world puts out is them playing battegrounds" phase is gonna last

not that i'm complaining because I love PUBG

imBask

Banned
the PUBG train is strong but it will die off, and another one of those will replace it before it leaves Early Access

that's just the survival/battle royale game loop that i've come to accept at this point, because I love those games

the PUBG train is strong but it will die off, and another one of those will replace it before it leaves Early Access

that's just the survival/battle royale game loop that i've come to accept at this point, because I love those games

this one is stronger than the others. it's EVERY video game content creator. It's wild. Even friggin waypoint does a PUBG stream.

imBask

Banned
this one is stronger than the others. it's EVERY video game content creator. It's wild. Even friggin waypoint does a PUBG stream.

Peak DayZ was also insane and it died off real fast when Dean Hall fucked up the game in the span of like 3 updates and left with the money

PUBG devs are always 1 terrible update away from killing the game, that's just how it goes man. But I agree this is the biggest one to date. I played 50h and don't intend to stop

def sim

PUBG is as big as it is because of its simplicity relative to the others in the genre. At this point, the only way I see it getting trounced is if a big publisher/developer takes a stab at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom