• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Their whole B game definition doesn't have to make sense but they should stop talking about what an A or a B game is.

If you base a series on Dan's way of thinking this is what you get.

Just treat that series as a random playdate and you'll feel much better.

That's exactly what I've been doing. There's no getting around the talk in the video about it though so eh. I just wish that they'd do playdates with the same rules. There's really no reason to try and make it themed. Especially when they can't even adhere to the theme on the second episode :p

Did he scream that second part, or how did you hear it even without your headphones on? o_O

I paused the video, of course. Continued listening for a bit after.

Guys.... I just got to a part in the Force Unleashed b-game video where Dan suggested that Dice's Star Wars Battlefront is a b-game. I calmly took my headphones off, sipped my coffee, and sighed. He then says that his qualification for a b-game is one that doesn't have the hooks to keep him in. What. You guys. Help. This video series. Nooooo.

It gets worse, shaka brah! Brace yourself.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Guys.... I just got to a part in the Force Unleashed b-game video where Dan suggested that Dice's Star Wars Battlefront is a b-game. I calmly took my headphones off, sipped my coffee, and sighed. He then says that his qualification for a b-game is one that doesn't have the hooks to keep him in. What. You guys. Help. This video series. Nooooo.

Dan, meet Karspankey
Karspankey, meet Dan

I do understand the struggle of finding a b-game that would also be interesting enough for a whole video focused on it. Like, I can't imagine a game like Herdy Gerdy, a mutha-fucking b-ass b game, getting a whole video.

I do understand the struggle of finding a b-game that would also be interesting enough for a whole video focused on it. Like, I can't imagine a game like Herdy Gerdy, a mutha-fucking b-ass b game, getting a whole video.

They should format it like The Old Games Show or VRodeo and have several games, each of which receives about 30 minutes of playtime each. Heck, the vote would make more sense if it was a live decision regarding whether they should extend a session for a game or not.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
People think too much about the "B-game definition".
I mean, as much as I dislike Force Unleashed, in no way is it comparable to Total Overdose.
I do hope they'll play to some more obscure games though and not just "Big games that didn't turn out that great"

Tagyhag

Edit: Also, I couldn't have been the only one who was screaming "WHAT ABOUT CRYSIS?" when Dan talked about how PC-exclusive games never really had any huge marketing push or momentum.

Hell, you can go even more modern than that.

I don't think Dan realizes that Diablo 3 was a thing.

Binary Domain ain't a B-game. SEGA polish just looks different from regular polish. That shit was a proper god damn effort.

Watching the Star Wars B-game. Alex is dead-on about Episode VII's new characters, I was so much more into them than anything Han/Chewie/Leia/C3PO related.

Hasney

UK holidays are far too bunched together. We have Easter, then first Monday in May for May Day, then Spring Bank Holiday in the last Monday of May.

imBask

Banned
Sunday is the first day of the week. You can disagree because you work a normal work week, but you're still wrong, the OFFICIAL calendar isn't adjusted to your schedule

Monday is the start of the work week but it is not the start of the week.

Sunday is def the start of the week, but not the defacto start of the work week if you work on the weekend too. When I get my schedule, it starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday. If Monday was the start of the week, it'd begin there and have Saturday followed by Sunday.

Diancecht

I will never understand Sunday as the first day of the week.

I work from Monday - Friday. Saturday - Sunday are off days. Then the NEXT WEEK starts on Monday!

Has to be a Christian thing, right?

I work from Monday - Friday. Saturday - Sunday are off days. Then the NEXT WEEK starts on Monday!

Yeah, you're next week of work, not the actual week.

Let's say someone asks you guys when you can do something. You plan on doing that thing on Friday and it is Sunday. Do you say that you can do that thing this week or next week? Because if Monday is the start of the week, you'd have to say next week, which no one does. Ever.

I'm OK with this.
Thank goodness no more yakuza

5t6J9cP.gif

Diancecht

Yeah, you're next week of work, not the actual week.

Let's say someone asks you guys when you can do something. You plan on doing that thing on Friday and it is Sunday. Do you say that you can do that thing this week or next week? Because if Monday is the start of the week, you'd have to say next week, which no one does. Ever.

Well of course I am going to say next week! Been doing that for my entire time, like with the rest of the people in my country.

23:59 Sunday. Anything happens afterwards is next week.

I guess. Back in Kuwait & the Middle East in general we start our week on Sunday and holidays would be Friday & Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom