• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

- J - D -

I find that there are weird people who won't think twice about mayo in a sandwich but freak out about dipping fries in mayo.

imBask

Banned
I find that there are weird people who won't think twice about mayo in a sandwich but freak out about dipping fries in mayo.

People only pick Mayo because they don't realize there's only one use for mayo (sandwich) and they wanna be all hipsteryhipsters because it's cool to hate on Ketchup for some reasons

Just caught up on the bullshit. Geez, West can't catch a break - Ben must be having a great first few months at GB.

Really glad GB never hired Nick after the internship, always thought there was something off about him. No idea it would be this bad though.

"Fun" fact - with Nick, that now makes it two former WM short term employees who have been caught up in a sexual harassment scandal. Given all the bullshit in the Bay Area, that's probably still under the average.

I'm blanking who was the first?

Mayo, Ketchup and Honey Mustard. The holy trinity.
I agree. They brought in folks that don't post in this thread and I liked posting in there.

It has always been the thing with community threads. Only those who are the most passionate or like to be up to date on everything they like follow or post in communities. Most people obviously don't.

LQX

Once the podcast was recorded live, it split the community and killed the thread.

Ahh, makes sense. I miss them though as many episodes provided some good back and fourth discussions. And they often had some very creative art which is the biggest loss.

- J - D -

People only pick Mayo because they don't realize there's only one use for mayo (sandwich) and they wanna be all hipsteryhipsters because it's cool to hate on Ketchup for some reasons

Controversial tip: mix the ketchup with the mayo and thank me later!

Just caught up on the bullshit. Geez, West can't catch a break - Ben must be having a great first few months at GB.

Really glad GB never hired Nick after the internship, always thought there was something off about him. No idea it would be this bad though.

"Fun" fact - with Nick, that now makes it two former WM short term employees who have been caught up in a sexual harassment scandal. Given all the bullshit in the Bay Area, that's probably still under the average.

is the other one you're talking about the guy who guested on the rapstar quick look and then got caught up in the sexual harassment at GitHub?

Harpuia

i'm not the type to get mad because people play video games poorly, but man this Mario Sunshine feature is EXPOSING them

Part of me wants to sympathize w/ Alex. I really do. But I get so sad whenever he passes off his turn to someone else.

The other part of me wants to call them OUT for their poor play. It seriously isn't that bad. The game has some really shitty design, but it's like 2/3rds the game, 1/3rds them.

Also, just, the lack of experimentation is plain odd. Alex just straight up wanted to be told where the yoshi egg was in the Pinna Park. Walk around! Do stuff! The level in Ricco Harbor was also a similar level of "just walk around people". There's so many ways to get to the top of the shine cage level.

For the record; I have officially come to terms with Sunshine. I'm in the "This game does NOT hold well anymore" camp. This is a culprit of bad level design. They wanted to make a semi-realistic world but couldn't figure out how to make it fun.

I put a thin layer of mayo on the bread of my sandwiches and burgers, but the thought of dipping fries in it is nasty. Mayo, to me, isn't a primary condiment. It's more of a seasoning like salt in the sense that you put a little bit on something to make it better. However, I do love things like macaroni salad and that has tons of mayo.

Fries and mayo together is too intimate

Fries and ketchup are not. Ketchup is a primary condiment because it is even tolerable by it's very lonesome. This is why mayo is yucky to me on a fry.

imBask

Banned
I put a thin layer of mayo on the bread of my sandwiches and burgers, but the thought of dipping fries in it is nasty. Mayo, to me, isn't a primary condiment. It's more of a seasoning like salt in the sense that you put a little bit on something to make it better. However, I do love things like macaroni salad and that has tons of mayo.

Fries and ketchup are not. Ketchup is a primary condiment because it is even tolerable by it's very lonesome. This is why mayo is yucky to me on a fry.

Big Corp got u good with the brainwash, WAKE UP DUDE

is the other one you're talking about the guy who guested on the rapstar quick look and then got caught up in the sexual harassment at GitHub?

That was the engineer ted that was there for a short time, and I remember Dave saying something about him after he was no longer a part of whiskey media.

Jeff talks about being in meetings all the time and working in a corporate environment like that I totally understand that a lot of his day is probably responding to emails he was CCed on that he shouldn't have been and sitting in hour long meetings that could have been accomplished in 15 minutes

Yea it can be a thing and it also goes for stuff they want (whether organic and inorganic).

- J - D -

Then lightly dip the mayo on the fries, it's no big deal.

Ketchup is not tolerable on its own! I've never heard anyone say that ever before now.

Curufinwe

Part of me wants to sympathize w/ Alex. I really do. But I get so sad whenever he passes off his turn to someone else.

The other part of me wants to call them OUT for their poor play. It seriously isn't that bad. The game has some really shitty design, but it's like 2/3rds the game, 1/3rds them.

Also, just, the lack of experimentation is plain odd. Alex just straight up wanted to be told where the yoshi egg was in the Pinna Park. Walk around! Do stuff! The level in Ricco Harbor was also a similar level of "just walk around people". There's so many ways to get to the top of the shine cage level.

For the record; I have officially come to terms with Sunshine. I'm in the "This game does NOT hold well anymore" camp. This is a culprit of bad level design. They wanted to make a semi-realistic world but couldn't figure out how to make it fun.

It's hard to motivate yourself to experiment in a game you don't like.

Then lightly dip the mayo on the fries, it's no big deal.

Ketchup is not tolerable on its own! I've never heard anyone say that ever before now.

Yo, I'd fuckin' fist a big ol' jar of ketchup and shove that shit in my MOUTH. Mhmmmmm 😩 😩 😩 😩 😩

Just not a big fan of mayo, yo :p

Zaph

Skatterd

Jeff talks about being in meetings all the time and working in a corporate environment like that I totally understand that a lot of his day is probably responding to emails he was CCed on that he shouldn't have been and sitting in hour long meetings that could have been accomplished in 15 minutes

Totally can relate to this
I have more than a few meetings discussing the necessity/frequency of meetings

VOg1EBg.png

Rorie UPF! Yesss! Can't wait for dat archive. Going to watch SMS in anticipation!

Aselith

Funny stuff in KOTC this week. You're missing out if you skip it.

Edit these motherfuckers didn't want us to know the TRUTH about Dog Friday

BillyMaysRIP

Neo Member
I'm glad that Ben is getting the proper GB experience of having to put on a happy/funny face while a bunch of personal stuff behind the scenes is on fire.

I made a rather oblique reference to the Nick Robinson drama and the mods immediately deleted it. I'm legitimately happy that the GB mods are willing to just ruthlessly trim chat. The website is about video games, if people don't remember.

I'm glad that Ben is getting the proper GB experience of having to put on a happy/funny face while a bunch of personal stuff behind the scenes is on fire.

I made a rather oblique reference to the Nick Robinson drama and the mods immediately deleted it. I'm legitimately happy that the GB mods are willing to just ruthlessly trim chat. The website is about video games, if people don't remember.

UPF live chat isn't the place to be talking about it. That's probably why they trimmed it. Not because "we are only about videogames. Keep politics out of it." I imagine they allow that discussion in their forums.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
So with the Exquisite Corp, will it only be Vinny and the one person in charge, in the studio and then the next person and Vinny the next video? So basically everyone goes in blind each time they play?

Or will all of them be in the studio like this prologue?

MATH BLASTER! I played it so much as a ki.....

*looks at screen*

What the heck did they do to math blaster!!?!?!?!

this was my favorite game
mbe.gif

Top Bottom