• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

justjim89

The new XCOM series is a great idea! Holy shit I'm so down for it. GBEast killing it as usual while GBWest spends half of UPF playing a bad Jackbox clone that everyone has been saying is bad.

The shit with Nick Robinson popping off is fucked up. Fuck that dude.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
That is a really good MS Paint Vinny.

Glad it turned out recognizable. The chef hat did not at all hide a terribly disfigured head that was in no way caused by my refusal to use more than one stroke per body part.

By Archaix

I love Dan as Charlie Brown as Waluigi. I love chef Vinny. My only criticism is that both bananas and tomatoes are fruits, minus one point for the lack of veggies displayed! Still my favourite entry of the day. Overcooked code sent.

Remaining games are: Pillars of Eternity, NBA2K17, Killing Floor 2, One Piece Burning Blood, Nongunz

Thanks for sharing with the contest! Criticism about lack of veggies is accepted, but I'd like to think that the implied lore makes the piece more interesting. Where are the vegetables? Are they inside of us all? Maybe we'll never know.

Spirit of Jazz is the fuckin' best:

yzMqM2u.png

tenor.gif

<3333

Thanks for sharing with the contest! Criticism about lack of veggies is accepted, but I'd like to think that the implied lore makes the piece more interesting. Where are the vegetables? Are they inside of us all? Maybe we'll never know.

I guess that if we live long enough we all inevitably become vegetables. I can't believe such a deep and meaningful subtext went straight over my head.

Wunder

I wanted to draw the 5-star rating of Jeff/Vinny, but after like 10 tries I kind of gave up. This one proved difficult too because all my fingers/hands looked like total shit so I just gave up and went with one hand.

I really wanted to check that One Piece game out

I wanted to draw the 5-star rating of Jeff/Vinny, but after like 10 tries I kind of gave up. This one proved difficult too because all my fingers/hands looked like total shit so I just gave up and went with one hand.

I really wanted to check that One Piece game out

I commend your effort and your final piece was super sweet anyway. I'll pm you the code.

still working on mine, don't close up shop just yet!

Alright, I'll leave things open. Currently I've got: Pillars of Eternity, NBA2K17, and Nongunz.

Edit: Heck I'll add Stellaris, ABZU, Steamworld Heist, SUPERHOT, Besiege, Valkyria Chronicles, Lethal League, Saints Row IV and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Spirit inspired me to check out my Humble keys and I actually have some games I don't want.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1415740.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Karspankey, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

1993 Space Machine -- MB-664670022747C3A1 - Taken by Joeku. 2 entrants total.
Broken Age -- MB-664670022747C3A1 - Taken by Joeku. 2 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-664670022747C3A1 - Taken by Joeku. 2 entrants total.
Fran Bow -- MB-664670022747C3A1 - Taken by Joeku. 2 entrants total.
Gunmetal Arcadia Zero -- MB-664670022747C3A1 - Taken by Joeku. 2 entrants total.
Home -- MB-664670022747C3A1 - Taken by Joeku. 2 entrants total.
INK -- MB-664670022747C3A1 - Taken by Joeku. 2 entrants total.
JumpJet Rex -- MB-664670022747C3A1 - Taken by Joeku. 2 entrants total.
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty -- MB-664670022747C3A1 - Taken by Joeku. 2 entrants total.
Solstice -- MB-664670022747C3A1 - Taken by Joeku. 2 entrants total.
Titan Souls -- MB-664670022747C3A1 - Taken by Joeku. 2 entrants total.
Uncanny Valley -- MB-664670022747C3A1 - Taken by Joeku. 2 entrants total.

t1501905150z1.png

As a heads up, the keys will not be real when you get them auto sent. They will be just a bunch of zeroes. I will pm the humble gift url to the winners when they are chosen! Good luck!

Also, I just realized that I might not be up when the raffle ends. Don't worry, I'll shoot you a pm when I wake up tomorrow!

You're a good person Spirit of Jazz. <3

Most of the games were just collecting dust or I'd just sell them on. I feel dumb for not doing something like this before. I'll keep the current contest open until this time tomorrow (first come first serve now but the MS paint has to be of GB crossed with the game you want) then I'll do something similar next month with the top prize being my favourite game of August (As a warning it could potentially still be Fire Pro)

justjim89

I'll enter the contest, why not. I could go for Brigador.

It was inspired by my favorite moment from the GOTY vids a few years ago.

tumblr_ou6td6hqMQ1rp5coao1_1280.png

I drew the most important part of Giant Bomb Dot Com.

Us, the community.

PQ56tNO.png

Honestly I get grouchy sometimes about the negative comments (largely because I was a huge asshole to one of the staff myself many years ago until we spoke about it) but I wouldn't follow this thread for as long as I have if I didn't think GB and the community weren't all good people.

Joeku

Oh hey, new topic!

Wish it could be under better circumstances. This Nick shit is fucking depressing. I loved Cool Games Inc and Car Boys. Ugh.

Edit:

Well that's a start.

Edit2: Looking at this it can come off that I'm disappointed there won't be more Nick content and not about what he did. To correct what I said, Nick's harassment shit is reprehensible. I'm done with the Griffin/Nick video series and CGI (and they're done for anyway). I hope the women he fucked with are finding a little bit of solace in this finally getting out. Gross.

Yeah, if things have upset you in your home life, feel free to be a complete prick in this thread to make yourself better.

I think attacks on GB staff members is always bad form, but we really shouldn't sling personal insults at others in the thread; especially when they're apologising for what they've said.

It's easy to vent at the GB staff members when their content has provided you with something that gives you an escape from whatever's happening in your life and suddenly something's comes up that you don't enjoy. It's easy to dehumanise people you'll never interact with personally, assume that they'll never see your comment and that they have such a dream job that it won't mean anything to them.

In the light of the Nick revelation things are terrible right now, especially if you've enjoyed his content. It just furthers this disconnect from people online because this guy you enjoyed watching/listening to turned out to be a dick so maybe his friends are too, you don't account for the fact that they didn't have any idea about Nick's behaviour too. As shitty as things feel for us they're so much worse for the people who knew him and are even more worse for the women he targeted.

It's just been such a shitty day (and politically a shitty year for the UK and you all in the US) and all we can do right now is believe that not everybody's a manipulative harasser with no regard for others, even when people say things that might offend somebody it's because they don't see it and maybe it's down to their own difficult circumstance, and that hopefully the shit that's gone down in the last 24 hours will make people look at how somebody managed to exhibit this behaviour for as long as they did and why they felt secure in doing it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean it's a shitty joke, but i feel like it's more like he's been throwing so many shitty attacks at ben he's grown myopic on what's actually not too shitty.

Joeku

Good on you, Spank and Jazz, I love when everyone's in the giving mood. There are so many bundles and packs that happen around video games everyone has spare keys sitting around.

The entire world might burn and maybe everyone in every industry turns out to be shitty but we'll always have Jeff sitting alone in a room at night playing old games and giving us some comfort.

Very much looking forward to seeing if Hellblade is just more than some pretty visuals! I have faith, just haven't seen anything of it really.

Joeku

The entire world might burn and maybe everyone in every industry turns out to be shitty but we'll always have Jeff sitting alone in a room at night playing old games and giving us some comfort.

Is this the man you want sitting alone in a mostly dark room staring into a camera while synth noises play?

tumblr_ns0o60PUVj1r1jou1o1_500.png

Top Bottom