• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

That sucks that unintentional problems got in your way. Seriously, that sucks. Fuck bad geometry. But to the other thing, the right stick didn't flip you between enemies easily enough?

I was on mouse and keyboard controls, which may be the problem here. If there was a way to change targets, I finished the game not knowing it.

Joeku

Oooh.

That might be longer than I would like.

Ah whatever, it's a weekend or 2.

It's the kind of thing that, at around 8 hours, I'd normally suggest playing in a couple long sessions.

But it's emotionally exhausting. I had to stop a couple times and split it up. There's some wavy shit in the dark that felt far too fucking real and close to actual shit it my brain that made me stop and take a breather.

Give it a shot, though!

I was on mouse and keyboard controls, which may be the problem here. If there was a way to change targets, I finished the game not knowing it.

Yeah, on a controller, it is incredibly easy to switch targets, which makes crowd control and knowing the battlefield really easy. Moving the mouse didn't do it? That's unfortunate :(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I just realised that Hellblade would be continuing my recent trend of playing the most emotionally exhausting games.

I seem to be a glutton for them this year.

BTA

Hot Twin Peaks update: I watched FWWM and immediately need to sleep and maybe this was a bad choice.

Steal My Sunshine is one of the most entertaining and frustrating things I've ever watched.

It's glorious.

It's great and was one of the things that got me back into actually watching into regular features again.

Okay, finished ending A of Nier.

I really hope this gets better because so far I'm just baffled at how highly people talk about this game

I'll keep going for now

Antiwhippy

Okay, finished ending A of Nier.

I really hope this gets better because so far I'm just baffled at how highly people talk about this game

I'll keep going for now

I think I pretty much typed the same thing here when I finished route A.

Also holy shit you went through that quickly.

I think I pretty much typed the same thing here when I finished route A.

Also holy shit you went through that quickly.

Yeah I didn't do any sidequest stuff, and I'm playing on Easy. I've read you can go back and do sidequests later so if I'm feeling the game after I play more then I might do that

Antiwhippy

Yeah I didn't do any sidequest stuff, and I'm playing on Easy. I've read you can go back and do sidequests later so if I'm feeling the game after I play more then I might do that

Yeah I'd probably stop to smell the roses a bit in B. That's what I did anyway. Also did no sidequests in A.

BTA

I played it when it came out and I don't remember having any issues with the controls. It's clearly not in line with 2017 standards.

Neither do I, but also I was 7. Also, I played it myself without having to constantly give it to other people and play it more than once a week, so. That helped.

Side note: I think it's video games, more than anything else, that make me realize that even people a decade older than me are, like, fully a decade older than me? Like Dan talks about playing GameCube in college sometimes and it's very ?????? for my brain.

Antiwhippy

Eh whatever, it was kind of hard to predict how mobile would affect portable gaming back then. :p

Or how Microsoft would turn out for that matter.

Meguro

Banned
I finished Hellblade.
Very disappointed all around.
Should've just stayed away like I planned to. Nothing except the sound design worked for me.

oti

Banned
I finished Hellblade.
Very disappointed all around.
Should've just stayed away like I planned to. Nothing except the sound design worked for me.

I can already sense you rage when Brad will force this game onto the Top 3 this year.

WHich is pretty much my point. Kingdom heartache doesn't need to be about kingdom hearts much like how blue bombin' doesn't need to be about megaman.

Alex knows how to play Mega Man, what he's doing, is focusing and paying attention to his game. Ben has never played before and ignores all tutorials.

Antiwhippy

You guys are kinda missing my point of "I don't need megaman in blue bombin'"

I actually don't need watch the video of blue bombin'

I just leave it in the background to hear them groove and occasionally look when they seemed focused on the action. But like 90% of the time I treat it as a podcast.

Which also relates to my previous comment of "I like the content in the 3rd episode, but I don't know if I actually need kingdom hearts to be a part of it".

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Was Ben trying to go for the fistbump with Rorie when he triggered the boss cutscene? Feels like Rorie missed the signal.

Edit: He totally is at 22 mins. Damn...this is awkward.

Edit2: Maybe he was just making a fist lol.

Rorie is the king of denying people fistbumps

SilentMike03

Neo Member
All I can say vis a vis West vs. East is that I can't remember that last solely West content I watched. Seeing now that their features are Dota and Kingdom Hearts, it doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon.

2956700-cp_excorpse_ep02_alex_07312017.00_21_27_07.still004.jpg

The Exquisite Corps: XCOM: Enemy Within - Part 02
It's time for Commander Navarro to get in the game and push the alien football forward... or back... just survive mostly.

THAT BEGINNING

Top Bottom