• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

swimbuff

I've got a hankerin for some XCOM now after watching this series. Is XCOM2 playable on PS4 now? I recall holding back due to the issues the game had on release.

I've got a hankerin for some XCOM now after watching this series. Is XCOM2 playable on PS4 now? I recall holding back due to the issues the game had on release.

It's fine but not great. I'd say it performs about the same as EU/EW did on PS3. The game crashed a couple of times for me, which was really annoying but at least with autosaves I didn't lose a lot of progress.

this intro to episode 2 with Abby narrating is amazing

Just watching now, the intro is so good! I love when they do stuff like this.

BTA

Fret not, just put on an episode of "The Return" and you'll be out in no time.

1. A lot of people I know actually like the third season and I'm excited for it.

2. Kind sucks to arbitrarily shit on the thing I'm planning to watch?

Yeah, Fire Walk With Me is not a good time. It is a very dark yet necessary film, I feel. I really like how it contrasts with the show itself because we see the town from essentially two viewpoints.

Show = Cooper
Film = Laura

Mhmm, I can agree with this. I'd read the book that's her diary (which... wasn't great but did clarify some things) so I knew a decent amount of what was coming, at least!

imBask

Banned
how about this :

bring back Encyclopedia Bombastica and all episodes feature Abby + someone else. That way we get a good feature with old games + she learns about old games

Scizzy

Exquisite Corps is well suited as a weekly 45 minute thing. Any more would probably wear out my interest in bad, non-wacky X-Com play.

BTA

Exquisite Corps is well suited as a weekly 45 minute thing. Any more would probably wear out my interest in bad, non-wacky X-Com play.

Actually, yeah, this is a fair point.

Could probably be fine with a second one on Friday, though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah outside of the intro the rest of the video was just ok. It was nearly infuriating how indecisive alex was.

Which is why I'm purely here for the downfall because there's no hope in them for actually becoming better at the game.

imBask

Banned
don't worry, I'm sure at least 66% of EC videos will be fun to watch

Emoji-Think.png

Antiwhippy

I wonder how Dan's playstyle will be.

Abby's headstrongness is fun but will lead to the fastest wipes. Alex indecisiveness may lead them to last longer but it reaaaaally seems like he doesn't know much beyond the basic strategy which will also lead to a fast wipe.

I can see dan being just as headstrong as Abby and I seriously doubt he's going to learn much beyond basic strategy.

So all signs points to a quick wipe.

Jintor

yeah so when i get xcom 2 expansion i'm probably gonna do a LP do any of you losers want to be fresh meat for the grinder?

Harpuia

You see guys, it's all part of the narrative. What happens when the aliens win? Xcom 2. They'll continue exquisite corps by jumping straight into Xcom 2.
and proceed to get wiped there too

1. A lot of people I know actually like the third season and I'm excited for it.

2. Kind sucks to arbitrarily shit on the thing I'm planning to watch?

Mhmm, I can agree with this. I'd read the book that's her diary (which... wasn't great but did clarify some things) so I knew a decent amount of what was coming, at least!

The return is amazing and for me , the change in tone in FWWM and The return was absolutely necessary.

Social featues and subscription services and whatnot seemed crazy a decade ago, but looking back, the Zune and Zune Pass were pretty forward-thinking. Someone at Microsoft must still be pissed about that, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63VHeu5V0zA

I loved my Zune and Zune Pass. The Zune was just a nice looking, durable-as-fuck, piece of hardware. The original Zune had that kind of soft-textured plastic cover which every single handheld consumer electronic device should have. Consumer electronics should not be hard, glossy, slick devices. As for the Zune Pass, I chiefly used it for the 10 free songs a month, but it was definitely ahead of its time in the idea of being a subscription-based music service.

daveo42

Banned
Need to watch that Exquisite Corps series. Prologue was good stuff. As for the Giant Bomb ROM COM, some of their best content right there, thanks to some very interesting community submissions. I vote more FMV games for the next one. I'd be willing to even shoot some video if a programmer/artist would want to team up for one.

Remember the Zune?

I have a Zune HD at home. Haven't used it in ages because smart phones, but it was a handy little music player at the time. I should pull mine out and mess with it.

BTA

Don't have time right now to watch more than the start, but that opening report in the new Exquisite Corps was great.

Need to watch that Exquisite Corps series. Prologue was good stuff. As for the Giant Bomb ROM COM, some of their best content right there, thanks to some very interesting community submissions. I vote more FMV games for the next one. I'd be willing to even shoot some video if a programmer/artist would want to team up for one.

No promises, but I could stand to learn how to specifically program an FMV game in the next few months, so I'd be interested.

Antiwhippy

Thing is they didn't discover anything about my summer car.

They didn't build the car.

Like that game has such a clear goal that would make for a great series.

I think My Summer Car would be a boring game to have a series on. The QL covered enough funny stuff, not sure a series would be able to stay interesting. That said I have zero interest in cars, their parts etc haha.

Top Bottom