• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Tubobutts

I bought the iPad version of xcom because of Exquisite Corps. Only downside is there's no Guile hair or language options for the soldiers so I can faithfully recreate the crew.

Zocano

Someone (maybe me via twitter or some shit) needs to make sure Vinny fucken gets a giant brief of all the controls and everything because them not knowing important mechanics and rule of thumbs is going to fuck them and also make this kind of miserable to watch.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Someone (maybe me via twitter or some shit) needs to make sure Vinny fucken gets a giant brief of all the controls and everything because them not knowing important mechanics and rule of thumbs is going to fuck them and also make this kind of miserable to watch.

Naaaaaah.

Strax

Yeah with Dan, Abby and Alex switching in and out Vinny needs to know at least the basic stuff like not being able to recover/disable melds/bombs after dashing unless its a run&gun

ohhh nooooo Alex is just marching dudes out into the fog of war with no cover at all I cannot watch this

Yeah this isn't gonna last long, Vinny is giving bad advice too lol

The doctor wanted to build a cell to talk with the aliens. War makes people lonely, I guess.

That was a fantastic episode and pls, I don't want them to look up controls or anything. Go in blind, just like IRL.

swimbuff

That intro to Exquisite Corps 2 is great.

I'm excited for this year's GotY videos. Last year they kind of "phoned it in" by just playing some games, and while Hitsmas was fantastic, I miss the more produced bits of GB. But this year they have Abby so I'm looking forward to see what fresh ideas she may bring to GotY production.

Antiwhippy

It's almost like rotating chairs would make it hard to fully concentrate on the game.

It's almost like that's the entire point.

Hot Twin Peaks update: I watched FWWM and immediately need to sleep and maybe this was a bad choice.

Yeah, Fire Walk With Me is not a good time. It is a very dark yet necessary film, I feel. I really like how it contrasts with the show itself because we see the town from essentially two viewpoints.

Show = Cooper
Film = Laura

oti

Banned
It's almost like rotating chairs would make it hard to fully concentrate on the game.

That's a pretty terrible point for a feature though.

Wait, I thought this was about Kingdom Hearts lol.

Yeah, I want all of them to die in XCOM.

Zaph

The XCOM ep2 intro 👌 You almost forget how good they are at editing because its so rare to see any more.

It would make more sense to have a full rotation each week, but if you look at all the things East recorded or were part of last week, I doubt they have a spare minute. It's just back-to-back great features.

Strax

Then why have Vinny be in all the eps instead of spliting them into four solo or two teams?
If Vinny was clearly giving them bad advice every now and then on purpose I'd be into that but that doesn't seem to be the case. I just finished X-Com last night on easy and that playthrough was tense and I lost something like 8 soldiers even though I've played through the game before. They are doing worse then I did. If soldiers are gonna die in every eps its gonna become boring.

Meneses

That was a great intro. Gonna
be triggered
watch the episode later.

Since it seems that a full rotation every week is not feasible, maybe they can spend a bit more time with each commander?

Antiwhippy

Then why have Vinny be in all the eps instead of spliting them into four solo or two teams?
If Vinny was clearly giving them bad advice every now and then on purpose I'd be into that but that doesn't seem to be the case. I just finished X-Com last night on easy and that playthrough was tense and I lost something like 8 soldiers even though I've played through the game before. They are doing worse then I did. If soldiers are gonna die in every eps its gonna become boring.

Every dnd game needs its dm.

swimbuff

*dashes characters into fog of war, moves character into positions with zero cover*

"I'm nothing if not cautious." - Commander Navarro.

Scizzy

Since Dan recently played through X-Com 2, he should be decent enough. But that Abby and Alex will get thrown into progressively harder missions without a gradual ramp up is ominous.

*dashes characters into fog of war, moves character into positions with zero cover*

"I'm nothing if not cautious." - Commander Navarro.

It's disconcerting that he considers his play cautious. Neither Vinny nor Alex seemed to have any situational awareness, they moved themselves into exposed/flanked positions several times over. It's not that complicated. Don't leave yourself exposed in the direction where the enemies are.

Hasney

Since Vinny remembered where he installed the editing software (I KIIID), I'm kind of hoping we get a video highlights package of the last person with the dramatically reading their report over it.

Good work Vinny!

Also are we really going to pretend they they're going to survive chryssalids anyway.

That shit is tough even when you're save scumming.

Just got that drinking noise they make when making zombies in my head *shudder*

Hasney

Yar.

I can't remember what else was notable in 2012 though.

Other places GOTY Award:

Dishonoured
Journey
Fez
Far Cry 3
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
The Walking Dead
Mass Effect 3
Halo 4
Borderlands 2
AssCreed 3
Portal 2
Skyrim
Gravity Rush
Xenoblade Chronicles

Pretty damn good year, but it would probably be between XCOM and Skyrim for me personally.

Strax

Other places GOTY Award:

Dishonoured
Journey
Fez
Far Cry 3
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
The Walking Dead
Mass Effect 3
Halo 4
Borderlands 2
AssCreed 3
Portal 2
Skyrim
Gravity Rush
Xenoblade Chronicles

Pretty damn good year, but it would probably be between XCOM and Skyrim for me personally.

Skyrim and Portal 2 are from 2011

Top Bottom