• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

imBask

Banned
East: "Hey, it's getting to be Halloween season. How about we do a small feature where I play spooky games? We can record a silly intro for it, too!"

"Let's turn a Super Mario Sunshine playthrough into this weird gambling-based metagame that gets everybody involved!"

West: "Nobody here gives a shit about Kingdom Hearts, so wouldn't it be funny if I played through Kingdom Hearts?"

"Let's play Dota!"

East : "let's drink 40s and talk over cult movies"
West " let's extend the email section of the podcast and call it a new feature, which is just more of the same thing really"

Called it with Abby/PT! :)

Cannot wait to watch this, this is going to be GREAT. PT is like, exponentially more terrifying than RE7.

edit: Just watched the intro. All the Destiny 2 streaming is forgiven. I love this fucking website. "Vinny Caravella:
just checking the audio
"

A++++

strafer

Called it with Abby/PT! :)

Cannot wait to watch this, this is going to be GREAT. PT is like, exponentially more terrifying than RE7.

edit: Just watched the intro. All the Destiny 2 streaming is forgiven. I love this fucking website. "Vinny Caravella:
just checking the audio
"

A++++

When I played PT it gave me the same feeling of terryfyingness that Dead Space 1 gave me the first time, and to a degree Alien Isolation.

Shame what happened to Silent Hills.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I find Horrorgames where you can't defend yourself incredibly boring (with Alien being an exception), but I also never played PT
Curious to see how this plays out

BTA

I wonder what other horror games they'll play though.

I really hope they do some lesser known indie stuff; Abby's said she actually goes on Itch so I feel like that's reasonable to hope for. Ideally Anatomy at the very least but there's more out there I haven't even played yet due to the aforementioned mainly playing them with friends thing.

Hindl

I really hope they do some lesser known indie stuff; Abby's said she actually goes on Itch so I feel like that's reasonable to hope for. Ideally Anatomy at the very least but there's more out there I haven't even played yet due to the aforementioned mainly playing them with friends thing.
Amnesia and Outlast are safe bets probably

Have there been any noteworthy horror games this year? For a few years there was a solid floor of horror games but I can't think of any this year

imBask

Banned
The institution of Giant Bomb West. The same one that brought us Metal Gear Scanlon, Demo Derby, and Mario Party Party.

yes that's what we're all saying, GBWest used to be good, I don't know what your argument is

Demo Derby now happens once every blue moon
MGS got replaced by Dota
Mario Party got replaced by Dota

ArjanN

Fun feature, but like the previous scary games they played with Abby I kinda feel Vinny is trying too hard to break the tension.

TheChits

We Know the Devil would be a cool pick that I doubt many people have played/heard of.

East: "Hey, it's getting to be Halloween season. How about we do a small feature where I play spooky games? We can record a silly intro for it, too!"

"Let's turn a Super Mario Sunshine playthrough into this weird gambling-based metagame that gets everybody involved!"

West: "Nobody here gives a shit about Kingdom Hearts, so wouldn't it be funny if I played through Kingdom Hearts?"

"Let's play Dota!"

East: We need to inject some new blood in here. Let's bring in a young woman with new perspectives and a sense of humor.

West: We need to inject some new blood in here. Let's hire someone with the exact same gaming interests as the other members of the team who isn't very entertaining.

BTA

Amnesia and Outlast are safe bets probably

Have there been any noteworthy horror games this year? For a few years there was a solid floor of horror games but I can't think of any this year

I mean, RE7. Otherwise I do think there's a few indie things that got writeups but only a couple things come to mind. I'm sure there's good things out there but it might require some digging.

Anything special for podcast #500

I hope they review some energy drinks.

Hindl

I mean, RE7. Otherwise I do think there's a few indie things that got writeups but only a couple things come to mind. I'm sure there's good things out there but it might require some digging.

I hope they review some energy drinks.
Fuck how did I forget about that

Jakoo

Looks like Spookin' with Scoops is back

Abby's playin' the spooker games with Vinny

I didn't know how much I wanted a horror series with Abby and voice modulated Vinny until now. That was one of my favorite GBE Playdate streams when they played RE--cool that they recognize how fun that was and expanded upon it.

The opening production is hilarious. Between this and The Exquisite CorpsI love the aesthetics around the new GBeast series.

Looks like Spookin' with Scoops is back

Abby's playin' the spooker games with Vinny

UVfoxsQ.gif

TFW a new series drops out of the blue. Watching right now!

Hasney

I need a new online game I think. Still playing Overwatch every week but I need a new shooter. ADS is a dealbreaker.

Might see how that Morphies Law turns out.

Top Bottom